I Dont Like Koxbox.

sneila

I tried to get some useful response from you guys but it seems you can only try to justify yourself or say I'm wrong, rather than discuss why we differ.

what is there to talk about, i dont feel taht way. For mwe, koxbox and SHPONGLE is in the top 10 best artist ever, while encens is not even mentionable.

BUT

i tend to agree a bit thats its easy for artist to have random pattern changing, but seriously, Simon Posford does not make random pattern changing, in fact, its the best pattern construction i've ever listen

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his opinion is shit? i tough that was not okay to say that, ive been highly punished for that sorts of comment.

You mean schizophrenia of the moderation here? I mean it's hard to find the justice if hacking of the forums get unpunished with consequence for all with the bastardized rule of forcing everyone to the political correctness? 

This behavior I regard  as evil and will treat it accordingly. 

Current psynews shits on its own legacy and I should applaud to it?

Anyway, if people like Simon Posford (Hallucinogen aka the biggest thing to happen to psytrance), Raja Ram (TIP, 1200 Mics), Ian Ion (The Overlords, Sri Hari), FrankE (Psychopod) and Peter Candy are not enough 'skilled' to know how to build up a track for your taste, then you really shouldn't bother listening or even analyzing any of their releases, since they clearly don't know how to do it, and by some strange miracle are one of the most highly praised acts in the history of psytrance.

Within a wider sphere, pop music is most highly praised; within the psytrance sphere, artists like Hallucinogen are most highly praised. One thing I know for certain is that being widely praised in the modern era doesn't say much for the credibility of anyone or anything.

That said, Hallucinogen with his Twisted album was pretty important for goa trance, though he kind of got lucky with his hit LSD since there were tens of other artists at the same time starting to make goa trance music. After that I think he slipped and produced more crap than good material (why not? 3/4 of the other artists all did the same, IM anyone?).

Ian Ion was better pre-Koxbox.. maybe.... That, or the guys he worked with on those other projects were better. His Gringo Locomotion is nothing special. Koxbox is OK, but I think it's just hyped up more than anything else.

The other names you mentioned I have no respect for at all, least of all Raja Ram. He painted logos and played the flute while MWNN and Doof and Hallucinogen made the music behind the best TIP tracks. His flute playing has never done anything good for the tracks, either. Maybe his "jazz" influence was the worst thing for goa trance and downtempo.

what is there to talk about, i dont feel taht way. For mwe, koxbox and SHPONGLE is in the top 10 best artist ever, while encens is not even mentionable.

Well I don't think Encens is top 10 at all, or even mentionable, I was just listening to them while I was posting and thinking of how much better they were than Koxbox, and from 1995 too.

i tend to agree a bit thats its easy for artist to have random pattern changing, but seriously, Simon Posford does not make random pattern changing, in fact, its the best pattern construction i've ever listen

You mean in Shpongle? EXAMPLES? I'll admit DMT (Instrumental) is good (the only one I like from them), and Dorset Perception doesn't wander, but unfortunately it sounds like a spanish children's ballad or something.

BTW a possible answer is that I'm just not intelligent enough to recognize the patterns. But I don't think this is too likely.

Well I don't think Encens is top 10 at all, or even mentionable, I was just listening to them while I was posting and thinking of how much better they were than Koxbox, and from 1995 too.

You mean in Shpongle? EXAMPLES? I'll admit DMT (Instrumental) is good (the only one I like from them), and Dorset Perception doesn't wander, but unfortunately it sounds like a spanish children's ballad or something.

BTW a possible answer is that I'm just not intelligent enough to recognize the patterns. But I don't think this is too likely.

DMT and Dorset perception are your two favorite songs from shpongle? okay men, you dont know what your are talkin about

Posford has only released excellent material, Younger brother flock of bleeps is a masterpice,so is eclipse compilation, then The first shpongle and on top of that, Twisted. Posford is not shit, YOU just dont like him.

And encens is not better then koxbox, please men

BUT AT first, i didnt like shpongle, in fact it took me maybe 2 years into the psytrance to take the time to listen and really get shpongle.

Some people do enjoy their insignificant 15 minutes of "fame", don't they.......in this case it makes our Canadian friend feel intelligent......

anyway, to stay on topic here: I do like KoxBox......I do not listen to it that often though but for me it's music that has an identity, a soul if you want.....

it's different than most psy released (then and now)......and I for one like it!

If someone doesn't, well don't buy it and don't listen to it......

It seems you (topic starter.. who ever u really are Posted Image) just dont like old school psychedelic trance, so don't try to understand it... just leave it to other people. Stick to Goa... you keep comparing it as if it the same, maybe thats where the confusion of intelligence comes in...?! If u try to look at a certain object with a set frame of mind it can be very hard to observe what you actually are are looking at, well to put it simple: a biased mind sees only what it want to see!

It seems you (topic starter.. who ever u really are Posted Image) just dont like old school psychedelic trance, so don't try to understand it... just leave it to other people. Stick to Goa... you keep comparing it as if it the same, maybe thats where the confusion of intelligence comes in...?! If u try to look at a certain object with a set frame of mind it can be very hard to observe what you actually are are looking at, well to put it simple: a biased mind sees only what it want to see!

I don't "like" any genre, I "like" certain good musics which may or may not fall into certain genres. There's always crap in every genre, and I think Koxbox is one of the rare craps in goa trance.

And here we have it, boys and girls! It is Sneila, our brand new little troll, freshly arrived on our forums! Or maybe it is not really such a new troll after all....

very true. I think he might even confuse his sexuality this way ... And i mean Confuse, not conFuse ...

burn the fuse ?

I don't "like" any genre, I "like" certain good musics which may or may not fall into certain genres. There's always crap in every genre, and I think Koxbox is one of the rare craps in goa trance.

U still do it!!!! koxbox is NOT goa trance!!:rolleyes:

well never mind...<_<