Your Favoruite Hip Hop Albums

TheJoker

Oh, Redington, Nurbs and Astrognomix got some good stuff.

I like to add Cage, Sunz of Man - First two are best imo, Jedi Mind Tricks - The War Report and Psycho Socials, most stuff from Dalek, Buck 65, Vakill - The Darkest Cloud, Dynospectrum - Dynospectrum, Mobb Deep - The Infamous, Jay Electronica - Syle Wars EP, La the Darkman - Heist of the Century, Oh, and Top Quality - Magnum Opus!, A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Merauders, some KRS One, Wu Tang - 36 Chambers, some Boom Bip etc etc...

Just want to note that Buck 65 dabbles into more of a folk sound than anything else. So if you like a mixture of hip-hop and folk kind of sound, he does it very well, imo.

Especially his Talkin' Honky Blues album.

His most recent album is kind of a mix of some different elements, though.

The only true hiphop is Austrian mundart rap for me!

One of the good albums for example: Tibor Foco (aka Jack Untawega) - Andagraund

an exemplarish tune: http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQNMZrE9Yo

(the beginning is a little bad, skip if you want ... youtube doesn't have too much good Tibor Foco)

imo, this is the utmost best hip hop style :)

and if anybody of you understand the language, I'll pay you a beer!

pretty much anything by kool keith is pretty good--totally far out stuff, he's certifiably insane i believe--especially dr. octgagon--octagonacologist. that's probably my favorite hip hop album of all time:

more awesome sci-fi rap comes from deltron3030 (this may have been mentioned already, but deserves saying again imo).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5aocYRShXM

many solo albums by dudes from the wu-tang are great, specifically gza's 'liquid swords'

and raekwon's 'only built 4 cuban linx'

also, ive got a real love of the really old school stuff like krs-one, brand nubian, public enemy, etc. etc.

and i cant forget to mention the albums that got me into rap in the first place, back when i was a teenager: dr. dre's 'the chronic' and snoop dogg's 'doggystyle'. both are amazing and still get played to this day, 17 years later, at parties and on the radio.

What the dude above me said. Kool Keith in most incarnations is dope shit! And psychedelic, spaced-out raps... he has a weird flow though, that you gotta learn to appreciate.

Also agree about Doggystyle and The Chronic. Classic West Coast shit, Snoop Dogg's debut still gets a lot of play in my cd player, I think I know all lyrics by heart by now. Hehe.

• 2 months later...

Adebizi & Konna - Korvia Myöten EP

Aim - Cold Water Music

Asa - Loppuasukas

Asa - Terveisiä Kaaoksesta

Ceebrolistics - 0. EP

Ceebrolistics - Ö

Cyne - Evolution Fight

Cyne - Time Being

Don Johnson Big Band - Support De Microphones

DJ Cam - Mad Blunted Jazz

Flying Lotus - 1983

Flying Lotus - Los Angeles

Huge L - Touché

Jontti & Jodarok - Uuden Ajan Avaruususkonto

Jontti & Shaka - Rata-Äänite

Julma-Henri & Syrjäytyneet - Al-Qaida Finland

Jus Aname - Kaikkea Joillekin

Kallio Underground - Pimeä Puoli

Kaucas - Saastaa Suusta

Kaucas - Lopunajanlaulut

Laineen Kasperi - Saatana Saapuu Sörnäisiin

Looptroop - Modern Day City Symphony

Looptroop - The Struggle Continues

Michael Black Electro - Stripped Anatomy Of

Petos - City-Karhun Metsästäjä

Pijall - The Cave

Po'land - Realities Once Possible

Promoe - Government Music

Promoe - The Long Distance Runner

Shadow Huntaz - Corrupt Data

Shadow Huntaz - Valley Of The Shadow

Shadow Huntaz & Kareem - Irreparable Damage EP

Srkkpjt - Tummut EP

Supersoul - 40 Acres And A Moog

Taiunta - Korkeammalle

Also, dead prez, N.W.A, Ill Bill, Dälek, early Cypress Hill, The Roots, Redman, Jedi Mind Tricks, Geto Boys, Immortal Technique

How weird to see Anticon get all these proprs lately :)

I am happy for that clique, as I supposed they deserve the respect they get, but unfortunately they all, with time, drowned in their poetic, abstract rhyme style. Like "hey, if nobody understands what we speak, maybe then everyone will assume it must be deep!"

I used to aodre them around the time when Atmosphere dropped "The Woman With The Tattooed Hands" and MCs like Illogic killed it with "Me VS Myself Featuring I", "Angel" and "Hate In A Puddle".

Unfortunately, time revealed how Buck 65 and Sole are two of the most irritating lyricists, close runner ups are Mystikal and Lil' Jon, with maybe a few of those Memphis based, Three 6 Mafia affiliates.

Atmosphere were great, though I feel they kind of lost it after "God Loves Ugly".

Same goes for Aesop Rock, who in my humblest of all opinions, went down the toilet after "Labor Days".

As for the most promising of them all, Sage Francis, I have no clue whatsoever about his musical whereabouts.

Anyways, my all time favorite artists are:

1) & 2) & 3) Organized Konfusion

4) Eric B. & Rakim

5) The Company Flow / El-P / Cannibal Ox guys...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hip Hop makes me feel sick compared to what I normally listen to so I tend to avoid it. I like 2pacs greatest hits best out of the 2 or 3 hip hop albums I have. Why do people listen to hip hop. Is it because it's empowering and makes you a tough guy in the neighbourhood or something?

1) & 2) & 3) Organized Konfusion

Don't understand how I'd never heard about Organized Konfusion before, but fuck, that's some of the best oldschool shit I've heard! And that coming from a big fan of Pharaohe Monche's Internal Affairs (and in fact, of most the music that came off Rawkus Records).

Thanks for that recommendation! :)

Search around for Gonjasufi aka Sumach and his collaborations with Gaslamp Killer and Flying Lotus. Highly recommended

Sumach has released 3 albums/cdr - dead midget on stilts (witch is my favorite), flamingo gimpp and garlikillz.

Collaborations with Gaslamp Killer you can found them in ''Teasers'' by The Gaslamp Killer. Really dope shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N63b2Tk-A&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-8cavWB_mM&feature=related