Your Favoruite Hip Hop Albums

TheJoker

Hey

Besides the many lands of electronica, I also like to take a trip into the hip hop terrein once in a while.

Hip hop is not all stupid ignorant lyrics, music videos with bitches in thongs, guns, drug slanging etc. There is A TON of awesome intelligent hip hop with beautifull beats to match.

My favourite hip hop album of all time is "Rip the jacker" by a rapper called Canibus. His lyrics is so smart, cryptic and unlike any other rapper out there. This album is produced by a guy called Stoupe the enemy of mandkind (which is also a in house producer for a hip hop group called Jedi Mind tricks). His beats is totally insane, with a heavy supply of great samples.

Some of my favourites from "Rip the jacker"

Poet Laureate part 2 (kind of shitty quality)

No return (awesome lyrics)

Shotime at the gallows

A collage of different beats by Stoupe the enemy of mankind

I seriously recomend you to download "Rip the jacker" and anything you can find produced by Stoupe :D

I really like Cypress Hill - Stoned Raiders and all prior to it.

I did try to find some reviews on the net (twice) and gave up. Such a disorganised scene with so much shit going around but I am sure I'm missing some quality staf  

Organized Konfusion- s/t

Ras Kass- Soul on ice

Eric B. & Rakim- Paid in full

Company Flow- Funcrusherplus

Nas- Illmatic (duh...)

Ice Cube- AmeriKKKaz most wanted

Ok, lets be serious now ^_^

Odd Nosdam - Level line wires

Odd Nosdam - t.i.m.e soundtrack

Jel - Soft money - greenball - greenball 3rd - 10 seconds

Rjd2 - deadringer :wub: , also some amazing promos and mixtapes by him around the net

Dday One - heavy migration

Dday one - Loop extensions

Roots Manuva - dub and run come and save me albums, also some amazing collaborations with ninja tunes and tru thoughts artists

Flying Lotus - July heat

Flying Lotus - Los angeles

Kormac - Good lord & Scratch Marchin Eps

Free the robots - the prototype & selftitled albums

Palov & Mishkin - Think twice > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QY6t6EtrBg

for now B)

I'm a fan of MC hip-hopping, gotto love the sound of RZA (Liquid Sword), the old naughty music by Wu Tang is unmissible (remember all of thos Wu Tang Hoodies people used to wear? hehe. I'm very much oin love with Ninja Tunes, though a lot of their stuff ain't hip hop pr say, but more experimental and trip-hop stuff. I have very little knowledge of names of groups, MC's n'stuff, but I know I love a good MC who speaks about truth, about real issues in sosiaty and their ,,hood". Cypress Hill is pure love, first time I smoked a waterbong, guess what music was playing :P Jedi Mind can be a bit to brutal at times, he sure hates some people.. But he's got a plenty of good shit, thats for sure. Bughs'thugs'n'harmony has some of the flowiest rhymes ever, very smooth and pleasent. Eminem, I never really liked, and still don't like. Snoop Dog, well, never was a huge fan of his newer outputs, it all went horribly bling along the way. He's still one of the greatest, don't get me wrong. After a night on shrooms at a friend I went out walking alone (still shrooming hard), and eventually managed to catch a cab. Best thing evvargh. This cab was soo awesome, the driver was a gangster, had his car styled and jammin' hehe. He was playingsome old snoop dogg, and my god, Snoop at that time, conciouss or not, made some very trippy music. It's prop made for heavy smojking sessions, but it worked wonders on my trip. The bassline, the rhymes. sweet stuff'

never as a fan of rap like DMX though. wraph wraph

I used to be pretty into underground hip-hop. My top two recommendations for anyone interested in very underground, very poetic selections with a unique style and conscious lyrics would be Aceyalone's Book of Human Language and Deep Puddle Dynamics - The Taste of Rain... Why Kneel?

Aesop Rock's albums Daylight and Labor Days are amazingly thought provoking, and received well deserved critical acclaim for their deep social commentary.

Also lest we forget A Tribe Called Quest?

Annnd for more spacey, psychedelic production with good lyrical content I would recommend Cyne - Time Being, and a bit more spacey with harder to understand/get into lyrics would be El-P - Fantastic Damage.

Below track is from Deep Puddle Dynamics, probably my favorite spoken word/hip-hop piece of all time, titled The Scarecrow Speaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-_LGIC0VGo

Aesop Rock's None Shall Pass album (Basically any album form his is good, imo.)

Atmosphere's When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold album.

Mos Def's The Ecstatic album.

Swollen Members' Heavy, Black Magic, and Bad Dreams albums.

Uhmm... maybe...

Bushido's 7 and Heavy Metal Playback albums. (If you're into ze German hip-hop.)

Anything by Alias (of Anticon) is really good, also.

Sage Francis' Human The Death Dance album. His earlier albums are okay but I like this most recent one of his the best.

I feel like I'm missing some really good ones right now that haven't been mentioned already but they're not coming to me.