Amon Tobin Anyone?

jivamukti

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ NOT comparable at all!

Do you really know what you're talking about? Not trying to diss this time, Amon Tobin and these artists are just not comparable at all...

What, all the breakcore of amon tobin can easily be classified into the same breakcore venetian snares doo.

euh the flashbulb( red extension of me_

Amon tobin more lounge style can look a LOT like kettel album such as whisper me wishes, couple songs of cenny crush or wisp releases such as frozen dreams EP

Blackfilm look a lot like amon tobin.

In specific, amon'S tobin work is really distinguish, he as a particular sounds, like i've said. But hes no alone into his experimental with the possibilities of mixing jazz and electronic together, or mixing electronic with industrial or whatever. Just amorphous androgynous as enough ressemblance with amon tobin'S kinda of stuff. I hope you know what i mean. Quality of sounds, sample and all is excellent from Amon : but i find that they are other artist, experimenting, and coming up with better stuff, thats all.

to be honest with you, i find some Amon tobins work really good, but for some reason, im not amazed, his songs are imo too repetitive, sorry maybe exagerating when i said amon is not originl, he is, but too often, after a couple of songs, im really like okay, thats was good, but i want to listen to something else. But i didnt listen to everything from him, ive listen to bricolage, foley room and supermodified

Dude, all you needed to say is that you don't like his stuff, but what you did was bring up alot of comparisons to artists that are no way similar to Amon Tobin. Seriously, I don't think Amon Tobin's jazzy breaks is no way near Kettel or Venetian Snares. Some other Ninja Tune artists may be the closest, but Amon Tobin is one of a kind even if you don't want to admit it :D

Dude, all you needed to say is that you don't like his stuff, but what you did was bring up alot of comparisons to artists that are no way similar to Amon Tobin. Seriously, I don't think Amon Tobin's jazzy breaks is no way near Kettel or Venetian Snares. Some other Ninja Tune artists may be the closest, but Amon Tobin is one of a kind even if you don't want to admit it :D

That's my point exactly.

he reminds me of radi ..

Same here.

Anyway, Amon Tobin is like a tingling on your brain while Venetian Snares is like a fucking smashing rhino on your brain. Way different sounds as far as I'm concerned.

if you see it like that, a lot of artist are one of a kind

Murphy, I'm sorry if you don't see it this way, but in our most humble opinions, Amon Tobin is an innovative artist, someone who mixed genres and created a whole new style that hadn't existed before him. Dig? Sure you can compare certain elements of his music to other artists, but his music as a whole cannot be adequately compared to any one artist that I know off, and certainly not to those that you mentioned.

I mean, Venetian Snares? Come on... breakcore / drill 'n bass or whatever is very hard to compare to the funky, jazzy, sampled, cut up and broken beats that are Amon Tobin's trademark.

If you can give me a youtube link to a song of one of the artists you mentioned, and compare that to an Amon Tobin song, I'm willing to follow where you're headed... but otherwise I have to give you the disadvantage of the doubt...

Now back ON TOPIC!

Cujo - Adventures in Foam. Wow! Excellent album that I only recently discovered, and I'm in love with it. Very most excellent stuff. :) Is there anything along those veins that anyone can recommend me? Not necessarily Tobin himself.

and how can you not see any similar point

or wisp:

then amon tobin:

ooooh it looks kind of the same

from the flashbulb:

then amon tobin:

oooh a bit the same

euh from venetian snares

and from black film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1117N099q4Y&feature=related

and how can you not see any similar point

or wisp:

then amon tobin:

ooooh it looks kind of the same

from the flashbulb:

then amon tobin:

oooh a bit the same

euh from venetian snares

and from black film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1117N099q4Y&feature=related

Flashbulb track was released in 2004 and easy muffin back in 1997. Wisp track in 2003 and dream Sequence since its from the same album as easy muffin@Bricolage also in 1997.

All the artists that you mention are Amon's grandchildren, get it?? :angry:

Cujo - Adventures in Foam. Wow! Excellent album that I only recently discovered, and I'm in love with it. Very most excellent stuff. :) Is there anything along those veins that anyone can recommend me? Not necessarily Tobin himself.

Oh yes, brilliant album, so trippy... I wouldn't know anything to recommend in that vein right now, that is how it is original. :D

Flashbulb track was released in 2004 and easy muffin back in 1997. Wisp track in 2003 and dream Sequence since its from the same album as easy muffin@Bricolage also in 1997.

All the artists that you mention are Amon's grandchildren, get it?? :angry:

yeah we talked about the originality of amon tobin, i get it, he is original

now i was only talkin about similar point between amon tobin and other artist

since They thought that amon tobin had no ressemblance whatsoever with the flashbulb or wisp

yeah we talked about the originality of amon tobin, i get it, he is original

now i was only talkin about similar point between amon tobin and other artist

since They thought that amon tobin had no ressemblance whatsoever with the flashbulb or wisp

Who the fuck cares? Just listen to the music and be happy :)

...and what I actually got from your posts was that you thought Amon Tobin was ripping everyone off and had no originality and was mediocre that no one should listen to his music. Of course artists use same elements, some by mistake and some intentionally, it's the end result that counts :)

The cat named Murphy because originality and complexity mean everything even though he has no idea what he's talking about :rolleyes:

okay now, i shared a opinion. I have no idea what i am talkin about, i just gave an example of why i am saying that amon tobin is not alone in his league. YOU dont seem to know what you are talkin abouté

okay now, i shared a opinion. I have no idea what i am talkin about, i just gave an example of why i am saying that amon tobin is not alone in his league. YOU dont seem to know what you are talkin abouté

League? :huh: What are you talking about?