Is It Something Evil In Ripping Old Rare Albums?

(OM)Open_Mind

I was given the authorization by the fact that I have the superior position in this case. We are the judges who get to decide whether to share certain releases or not. I am merely suggesting to my comrades that they hold strong and don't give in to those who are crying and whining and full of resentment because they haven't been able to hear certain releases on their own merit, and in their final resort try to make us weak (ie. "equal", etc) towards their own ends.

Dear user!

Stop using music (especially goa trance) as an excuse for your personal problems.

The party of two goa fans who heard the ultimate rare release thanks you.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if God would have wanted me to share everything indiscriminately? So what if the Church tells me I'm sinning and I'll be punished in the after life? I don't believe in God. I don't believe all men are equal: there is no reason to believe this when I don't believe in the equalizing God that first commanded it. I don't adhere to the morality of pity that he brought to planet earth and that is the practical mechanism for equalizing.

Some of you have remarkably small consciousnesses for all the spiritual awakening mind expansion tracks you've been listening to.

So what if God would have wanted me to share everything indiscriminately? So what if the Church tells me I'm sinning and I'll be punished in the after life? I don't believe in God. I don't believe all men are equal: there is no reason to believe this when I don't believe in the equalizing God that first commanded it. I don't adhere to the morality of pity that he brought to planet earth and that is the practical mechanism for equalizing.

Some of you have remarkably small consciousnesses for all the spiritual awakening mind expansion tracks you've been listening to.

Posted Image

Every artist who read your posts would say that you didn't deserve their music.

Oh really? How can you prove that? I'm well aware there are some artists on this site that like to release their music for free, some are even devout Christian believers (lol), but I hope not all are that misguided. Either way, it makes no difference since the artists in question are no longer around or decided not to give their music out for free themselves. As it has occurred, reality itself seems to have deemed me to deserve this music, and you not to. QQ.

Oh really? How can you prove that? I'm well aware there are some artists on this site that like to release their music for free, some are even devout Christian believers (lol), but I hope not all are that misguided. Either way, it makes no difference since the artists in question are no longer around or decided not to give their music out for free themselves. As it has occurred, reality itself seems to have deemed me to deserve this music, and you not to. QQ.

Go to the Flying Rhino web site.

The label is long gone but they don't mind sharing their music for free and make a bunch of otherwise out of print tracks free to download..

Go to the Flying Rhino web site.

The label is long gone but they don't mind sharing their music for free and make a bunch of otherwise out of print tracks free to download..

That's nice... so we should all imitate Flying Rhino Records because they our idols or something?

BTW they are sharing some crappy mp3s, 128kbps if I remember correctly.

for someone of your grand intellectual status you hold on to some really archaic thought-patterns. using pleb-level anti-theism as the basis for your philosophy? that's what people did centuries ago, when they still crapped in pots & pans.

for someone of your grand intellectual status you hold on to some really archaic thought-patterns. using pleb-level anti-theism as the basis for your philosophy? that's what people did centuries ago, when they still crapped in pots & pans.

Better than being as vague and pseudo-intellectual as possible as the basis of my philosophy... or attack mode. ;)

Well he sure did his joker job very well :) Yesterday evening really was amuzing, but today there are different topics to post in and poor bwhale will have to be ignored :)

If we try to make a nice conclusion; there were some pros and some cons mentioned - some of them were good, some bad. We didn't really come to an agreement, but that's life. Different perspectives were presented, that's the good part ^_^

I smell mediocrity. It seems to be sending a signal around... that a higher form for life has been spotted and must be destroyed... that there must be a great revolution and window opening and sharing of rare old albums with the poor and downtrodden.

You still have physical discs, they don`t. So you can say for yourself every morning "I`m still better than that poor and downtrodden bitches anyway" and relax. Don`t you?

Back to the point. There is a question in my mind, it just cannot go away. I`m asking myself sometimes, am I ready to share something rare (and priceless for me) with private community of friends, if I know for sure:

1) they don`t share it elsewhere in internet, never;

2) they will share with me something equal in return.

What would you do on my place?

I was given the authorization by the fact that I have the superior position in this case. We are the judges who get to decide whether to share certain releases or not. I am merely suggesting to my comrades that they hold strong and don't give in to those who are crying and whining and full of resentment because they haven't been able to hear certain releases on their own merit, and in their final resort try to make us weak (ie. "equal", etc) towards their own ends.

OK, so we each have our own issues and all, but what I really cannot figure out is: if this really is bwhale, how can you write something like the above after you've pulled me by the sleeve twice on discogs and asked for rips of my CDs?

I mean, so much eloquence and shallow rhetorics, so many nick names and so forth, but what it all comes down to is that you simply don't practice what you preach.

"A real collection must consist of only original releases, no fake remasters and reprints." Sound familiar? It should. But it's not like you would know anything about that.

Back to the point. There is a question in my mind, it just cannot go away. I`m asking myself sometimes, am I ready to share something rare (and priceless for me) with private community of friends, if I know for sure:

Personally If one my friends wanted a copy of a rare album I would rip him one.

But like you said I would make sure that this guy doesn't want to feed the psp monsters or even worse sell that copy elsewhere.

The one saying he'd never share probably has none to share :lol: Or is just douche drippage :ph34r:

If it's OOP then yeah, I'd definitely think it's OK. I'd do it myself if I wasn't so lazy!

OK, so we each have our own issues and all, but what I really cannot figure out is: if this really is bwhale, how can you write something like the above after you've pulled me by the sleeve twice on discogs and asked for rips of my CDs?

I mean, so much eloquence and shallow rhetorics, so many nick names and so forth, but what it all comes down to is that you simply don't practice what you preach.

"A real collection must consist of only original releases, no fake remasters and reprints." Sound familiar? It should. But it's not like you would know anything about that.

I never said that at all. It's perfectly fine for the elite to share amongst each other.

Yesss, just never with flatterers. ;)