Is It Something Evil In Ripping Old Rare Albums?

(OM)Open_Mind

How do you think is it good to make proper rips of old music albums which is cannot be bought in any store? There is only way you can get it - from collectors on discogs for more than 100 EUR. And you don't give any support to music producers anyway by buying this CD. Some of labels is dead, some of producers too. With years of usage original CDs have more and more problems with physical media. So my question - is it wrong to rip discs and exchange with some friends?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's wrong to rip any CDs :D

Why? If you rip new CD and share it with anybody - it is bad for labels and producers. Any work must be paid of.

But if you rip old discs and share it with some trusted friends (via closed torrent for example), in that case you don`t hurt anybody.

There is the clear difference in my opinion.

Why? If you rip new CD and share it with anybody - it is bad for labels and producers. Any work must be paid of.

But if you rip old discs and share it with some trusted friends (via closed torrent for example), in that case you don`t hurt anybody.

There is the clear difference in my opinion.

Who said I share it with anybody?

There should be no problem in exchanging something with your friends as long as they are picked well.

What is a really dirty feeling to us is ripping rare old albums and handing them out indiscriminately or to someone undeserving. For truly, not everyone is worthy of hearing them. We've expanded our consciousness to the point where no longer believe in the corruption called democracy or equality. There exist things that are sacred and should be kept so.

There are few albums left that haven't been compromised by the filth among us, so consider yourself lucky if you have any.

You can't keep anything secret with the internet. To start with everyone has access to Psynews, and secondary pretty much all music is available for free with the aid of P2P. I'm not defending or saying that it's a good thing, but it's better to just accept it, it'll go easier on you when reality comes crushing into your little fantasy world.

You can't keep anything secret with the internet. To start with everyone has access to Psynews, and secondary pretty much all music is available for free with the aid of P2P. I'm not defending or saying that it's a good thing, but it's better to just accept it, it'll go easier on you when reality comes crushing into your little fantasy world.

You're right man.

IMO sharing,ripping it is between you and your moral.

Sharing it's "good" when you're a curious person.

You can try without regret because sometime review are so biased... :P

@on10 sadly I.R.L for most people the only thing sacred is money :(but I understand what you mean.

I wish people would more often rip those really rare ep's and singles, unknowns on LP's and DAT's.. There's a ton of stuff over at discogs that's listed as never been released but you just can't find them anywhere, because some bloody collectionists wants to keep it all for themselves. Or that's what I figure it to be..

I wish people would more often rip those really rare ep's and singles, unknowns on LP's and DAT's.. There's a ton of stuff over at discogs that's listed as never been released but you just can't find them anywhere, because some bloody collectionists wants to keep it all for themselves. Or that's what I figure it to be..

Maybe you don't deserve to hear it.

Maybe you don't deserve to hear it.

On what solid grounds do you build your case, and/or by whom were you given the authorisation to be the judge of who can or cannot hear determined releases?

What is a really dirty feeling to us is ripping rare old albums and handing them out indiscriminately or to someone undeserving. For truly, not everyone is worthy of hearing them. We've expanded our consciousness to the point where no longer believe in the corruption called democracy or equality. There exist things that are sacred and should be kept so.

There are few albums left that haven't been compromised by the filth among us, so consider yourself lucky if you have any.

I smell elitism.. and it smells bad.. could somebody open a window please?

On what solid grounds do you build your case, and/or by whom were you given the authorisation to be the judge of who can or cannot hear determined releases?

I was given the authorization by the fact that I have the superior position in this case. We are the judges who get to decide whether to share certain releases or not. I am merely suggesting to my comrades that they hold strong and don't give in to those who are crying and whining and full of resentment because they haven't been able to hear certain releases on their own merit, and in their final resort try to make us weak (ie. "equal", etc) towards their own ends.