I Used To Believe That ( ... ) Was So .

psytones

....psytrance parties were held in some far off secret location as a ritual, some sort of a religious cult with all the participants dancing and worshiping the backdrop, at that time om, shiva, elves, fairies etc which i thought were depictions of various gods of this unknown sect and the dj was the chosen one , the master of ceremony to bring them closer to god. :P

hehe well it would be cool if it actually were like that. If psytrance became a religion then I'd definately become a member!! BTW think of all the advantages this would give us: we could make taking psychedellic substances during parties legal under the pretense that it is part of our ritual ;)

I used to believe that all synth melodies are played by just pressing one of the keys on the keyboard for each tone ... that you basically could always play with just one finger :D

i used to think that the psy people shud be kind and peacefull , but i was wrong , here r lots of assholes , idiots and mean persons

music doesnt change u , whatever u into , u always stay the same shit bag

I used to believe I needed psychedelics to completely understand music.

I used to Psytrance listeners were more into their music than people into other genres

I used to think.......I put a stop to that

I used to think it was impossible to have ,,bad" trips on anything, now, unfortunatly, I know better ..

i used to think that the psy people shud be kind and peacefull , but i was wrong , here r lots of assholes , idiots and mean persons

I used to believe I needed psychedelics to completely understand psychedelic music.

I tend to still think like this :unsure: and I think I will keep my ignorant view a little bit longer :rolleyes: .

pff life is psychedelic. For sure your not bs'ing Abasio, but the fact remains that some producers, some tracks, some albums are more compatible with the effect of a hallucinogentic and psychedelic druq. I shouldn't have to argue my point forward, it should be understood and agreed apun. Music that mimics the shroom effect, music that interacts with it's behavier, music that reveals hidden mysteries, melodies, just what ever it can offer. Music made with a fun purpuse.

To be a producer of psychedelic music comes great responebileties, think about it, someone may trip to your sounds and dive deep inside. Give them something special, extraordinary and devine. Don't bum them, give them fun!!

pff life is psychedelic. For sure your not bs'ing Abasio, but the fact remains that some producers, some tracks, some albums are more compatible with the effect of a hallucinogentic and psychedelic druq. I shouldn't have to argue my point forward, it should be understood and agreed apun. Music that mimics the shroom effect, music that interacts with it's behavier, music that reveals hidden mysteries, melodies, just what ever it can offer. Music made with a fun purpuse.

To be a producer of psychedelic music comes great responebileties, think about it, someone may trip to your sounds and dive deep inside. Give them something special, extraordinary and devine. Don't bum them, give them fun!!

I think that I might have taken so many when I was younger that now my mind is permanently ready and open. Last time I listened to music under the influence I was visually treated but aurally it was the same. This was some trippy ass shit too :ph34r:

oh, that’s been happening to me too it seems, much more often then I'd like. For me the whole audio thing is key for enjoying music in trips, visuals are great too!! But same as you, these days it seems rarly the music turns inside out like it used to. And I guess my fine-tuned ears catch most stuff pumping out of the speakers now then back then, and my imagination hears the secrets. Oh well, better keep the memory strong at least, don't got any plans of changing my psychedelic view sooner.. It would be kool to experience the thrill of my first tripping years again, when everything felt more :o :o. Last real good audio trip experience was while listening to Boards of Canadas new album. And since it's wise to retain oneself from tripping too much, like keeping it to a couple of times a year, it's hard to get around listening to all potential trip-boosters in ones collection.

Take away the heavier psychedelic substances, I really enjoy being drunk and ready for after party, then become stoned out of my wits on odd moments, my sensitivity to music raise a couple of points on nights like those.

I once believed that I would enjoy hard twisted psychedelic trance music until I would leave this world as a old grandfather. I hope I’m right, but who knows, maybe one day this music will hit my throat in a bad way and it will become history to my personal taste. Naa, won’t happen!

hmm I get what you're saying here... but I also disagree a little. The thing is that although wherever you'd go and whatever you'd do you'll always stumble on a bunch of arrogant assholes, I must admit that the proportion of assholes in the psy scene is still MUCH lower compared to other scenes (try going to an R&B party for example...)

Ok now I remember one belief I once held. It was that Hallucinogen is nothing special. Ok go ahead and laugh - like I do. :D

still believe that. except when i hear hallucinogen in dub live.

For years I used to be 100% certain that the lady in Atmos - The only Process says the german words "Marktstrasse, Marktstrasse", until I found out she actually says "Virtualizer". This was a real bummer for me... Posted Image

And when I started going to goa parties at age 15 in 1995, I used to feel really inadequate and uncool because i was nowhere near as "spiritual" and "shanti" like everyone else there, hahaha... I thought everyone with dreads was automatically much more psychedilic than poor little AleX...

For years I used to be 100% certain that the lady in Atmos - The only Process says the german words "Marktstrasse, Marktstrasse", until I found out she actually says "Virtualizer". This was a real bummer for me... Posted Image

And when I started going to goa parties at age 15 in 1995, I used to feel really inadequate and uncool because i was nowhere near as "spiritual" and "shanti" like everyone else there, hahaha... I thought everyone with dreads was automatically much more psychedilic than poor little AleX...

HAHAHA now I finally know the meaning of your signature!!

BTW for that 2nd part, I think we've ALL been there when first discovering the scene. These days it seems to be the other way round: you look like a total dork if you wear anything else than black :(

And when I started going to goa parties at age 15 in 1995, I used to feel really inadequate and uncool because i was nowhere near as "spiritual" and "shanti" like everyone else there, hahaha... I thought everyone with dreads was automatically much more psychedilic

I still think that.