I Used To Believe That ( ... ) Was So .

psytones

I used to think that Astral Projection had a ,,rival" called Astral Project (or was it Astral Protection?).

I used to think that Cosmo was a side project of Cosmosis, that Cosmo was the more psycore side of William.

um ..

Let's see where this goes.

I once thought Koxbox is intolerable noise...

I used to think you were a girl when I joined this forum :ph34r:

Likewise, I thought X-Noize and X-Dream were in some bizarre way connected. God, the mistake...

I thought X-Noize and X-Dream were in some bizarre way connected. God, the mistake...

lol, they defiently got inspired by X-Dream to use the X-Something method and ending it with a coool and modern Z finish.

X-Noize made an unofficial remix of 'As a Child i could Walk on the Ceiling' called 'Anjuna Beach' (They got a No from -Dream to release it as a official remix, but was allowed to release it under another name).

I used to think that a pony was a baby horse.

When I was out with some friends one said "I used to think that a pony was a baby horse" oh how we laughed.....that's how I found out that a pony was a small breed of horse :P

About music? I used to think ambient was boring & everything needed to be four to the floor hardcore :huh:

I once believed Israeli artists were the crème de la crème in psytrance production.... :ph34r:

+ One!

I remember being so facinated by the fact that all the great music I had discovered came from a little country called Israel.

I used to think that Goa-Trance music was boring, thin and empty trance music witch lacked any soul, like the good music of Euro-Trance had :P (was more into rock then trance)

I used to think that a DJ is a person who makes music. I asked my parents to buy me turntables for my birthday cause I thought I could somehow use them make some cool "songs".

My dad used to receive catalogues from this music gear warehouse and I used to love looking at the pictures of the "techno machines". One time I almost ordered what must have been a compressor or something, because I thought I could push the buttons and it would make music that sounds like "DJ Bobo" and "2 Unlimited" (thats what I used to listen to in those days).

I used to think that a DJ is a person who makes music. I asked my parents to buy me turntables for my birthday cause I thought I could somehow use them make some cool "songs".

My dad used to receive catalogues from this music gear warehouse and I used to love looking at the pictures of the "techno machines". One time I almost ordered what must have been a compressor or something, because I thought I could push the buttons and it would make music that sounds like "DJ Bobo" and "2 Unlimited" (thats what I used to listen to in those days).

Ahh the sweet naivety days :rolleyes: I remember I used my parents friends electrical piano (with effects.. wowo) I though I was making music... well I really liked the random crap I played anyways :lol: ... maybe u should have tried some of those techno devices!

I used to think you were a girl when I joined this forum :ph34r:

me too!!

Other than that... I used to think that Goa was a place in Japan and that goatrance was electronic music made by japanese artists. That was because back in those days Prana was pretty hot and I saw Tsuyoshi Suzuki's name everywhere... also you had all the buddhist symbology and all... mind you this was BEFORE the internet days, when finding infos on an underground culture was REALLY hard...

i used to think that the most complex/layered/crazy melodies in psytrance were found in the fullon genre because, well, it's called fullon ;)

as logical conclusion from that i used to think that i liked fullon the most (only knew progressive to compare) :)

Other than that... I used to think that Goa was a place in Japan and that goatrance was electronic music made by japanese artists. That was because back in those days Prana was pretty hot and I saw Tsuyoshi Suzuki's name everywhere... also you had all the buddhist symbology and all... mind you this was BEFORE the internet days, when finding infos on an underground culture was REALLY hard...

Heh some very funny stuff here, but this is my favourite - no offense intended of course. Unfortunately I can't recall any of mine right now.

....psytrance parties were held in some far off secret location as a ritual, some sort of a religious cult with all the participants dancing and worshiping the backdrop, at that time om, shiva, elves, fairies etc which i thought were depictions of various gods of this unknown sect and the dj was the chosen one , the master of ceremony to bring them closer to god. :P

I use to think that all psytrance (and trance in general) was total shit except Koxbox's Dragon Tales because all my friends who were into trance were listening to cheesy full-on and so on. Then I heard Zen 2 compilation and noticed that there's some balls in that genre too. No one else seemed to like my newly found intrest in darkpsy but then came the day when someone strated play stuff like Acid Mutants in our small ug beachparties :)