Sci-Fi Movies

seraph

71 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 5 Favourite SCI-FI Movies

• Metropolis ( 1927 )
    • The Day The Earth Stood Still ( 1951 )
    • Invasion Of The Body Snatchers ( 1956 )
    • 2001: A Space Odyssey ( 1968 )
    • THX 1138 ( 1971 )
    • Solaris ( 1972 )
    • Soylent Green ( 1973 )
    • Close Encounters Of The Third Kind ( 1977 )
    • Alien ( 1979 )
    • Blade Runner ( 1982 )
    • 2010 ( 1984 )
    • Dune ( 1984 )
    • 1984 ( 1984 )
    • Brazil ( 1985 )
    • Aliens ( 1986 )
    • The Abyss ( 1989 )
    • Twelve Monkeys ( 1995 )
    • The Fifth Element ( 1997 )
    • Dark City ( 1998 )
    • The Matrix ( 1999 )
    • Minority Report ( 2002 )
    • Back To The Future 1 & 2
    • The Terminator 1 & 2
    • Star Trek Series
    • Star Wars Series
    • Andromeda Strain ( 1971 )
    • Event Horizon ( 1997 )
    • Planet of The Apes ( 1968 )
    • Equilibrium ( 2002 )
    • Predator ( 1987 )
    • Gatacca ( 1997 )

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Wild Palms. It gets a bit cheesy and overdramatic at times but it's cool.

Agreed. It's definitely a flawed piece of work. But it does have it's very own unique charm. Very Twin Peaks inspired sure. But still it's own thing.

Watched "Cypher" last night. Good story, but the actors did not make me believe it at all.

Really? I thought the acting was great, especially the way that Jeremy Northam gradually gets less nerdy over the course of the film.

Really? I thought the acting was great, especially the way that Jeremy Northam gradually gets less nerdy over the course of the film.

But Lucy Lu? Did you find it a little too convincing at the beginning that they had never met?

The smoking was true, the first thing a smoker will remember is that they like cigarettes, but I didn't believe he was coming out of a brain rewrite or whatever.

NN, may I suggest adding spoiler tags to your post? It's a movie that benefits a lot from not knowing what it's about.

But Lucy Lu? Did you find it a little too convincing at the beginning that they had never met?

I found it convincing enough - I assume that that was the intention, so I don't know what you mean by "too convincing".

God damnit Minority report is good.

I don't like Tom Cruise as a person (what? How the hell do I know him as a person?). He seems deluted and what not. But I have to admit he is a god damn brillian actor. I like hime alot in Minority Report as well as in the Mission impossible movies. Ye, he is one of the greatest action actors. Well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this last night: Sleep Dealer

IMDB doesn't seem to like it much (only 6.0?) but I thought it was amazing. One of the most 'cyberpunk' movies ever made.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another remake is on it's way - Total Recall and here is trailer:

Don't know what to think about this one, city reminds me a lot on Bladerunner and thoose flying vehicles are similar to The 5th Element, however, it might turn out well, nice action scenes though.

Another remake is on it's way - Total Recall and here is trailer:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMhADqlPYg

Don't know what to think about this one, city reminds me a lot on Bladerunner and thoose flying vehicles are similar to The 5th Element, however, it might turn out well, nice action scenes though.

I will avoid this like the plague.

No way it would not dissapoint, Arnold is KING!!!!!!!!

"I have inhaled, exhaled everything."

Arnold Schwarzenegger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not exactly the old Ridley, but good nonetheless.

Best movie I've seen in a long time for sure.

I just went to see this last night... and I was dismayed! It is bloody religious propaganda! The story makes no sense what so ever, and is full of blatant faults and self-contradictions. It's obvious that this is a "sci"-fi made by religious people who have no clue about science, or even bothered to check some of the facts (e.g. 300 years of Darwinism... at the "time" of the film it's only little more than 200 years since Darwinism emerged) fucking lazy and symptomatic of the whole film... no effort in making the story just a little bit believable.

I get the same feeling as I did with Indiana Jones 4, just even worse... they raped it!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7-mrBlktWg