District 9

Redington

I am almost sorry I didn't watch in the cinema. Great movie, nice tension, it wasn't all that realistic, and I agree that the plot wasn't too surprising, but I like the subtle satire of human behavior in the movie, the fact that Nigerians were running scams inside District 9, the aliens and their guns were really cool, and I also really appreciated the main alien character. The ending was well done, the CGI were really good and realistic and what more can I say.

Comes much recommended! Highly entertaining flick!

• 2 weeks later...

GEEEEEEEEE, this was one of the worst movies that I watched recently.....I was fuckin annoyed and it was so goddammmmn unrealistic. Okay, Independence Day and all the other Alien movies are also unrealistic (really?) but this one....I dont know...

C`mon, whats so great about this flick? Did I missed smt?

GEEEEEEEEE, this was one of the worst movies that I watched recently.....I was fuckin annoyed and it was so goddammmmn unrealistic. Okay, Independence Day and all the other Alien movies are also unrealistic (really?) but this one....I dont know...

C`mon, whats so great about this flick? Did I missed smt?

What is supposed to be realistic about a movie with aliens?

In my view, it wasn't meant to be a "sci-fi" movie, and it wasn't an "alien movie". It was about civil rights, and just happened to have aliens in it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also thought that the film was excellent. It was interesting, aware, and innovative. A-

Just wait until you see Avatar though. :wub:

I just opened a thread, posted a short review in this section! My favorite films of 2009 are as follows...

District 9

Star Trek

The Road

Happy Holidays! :)

• 1 month later...

What is supposed to be realistic about a movie with aliens?

In my view, it wasn't meant to be a "sci-fi" movie, and it wasn't an "alien movie". It was about civil rights, and just happened to have aliens in it.

Well a lot of sci fi is another genre that just happens to have aliens in it.

Whether it's sci fi horror, sci abstract, sci action or sci that would basically be high fantasy if it had elves.

• 2 weeks later...