Sublime / Subconscious God

psytones

Hi, in Norway we got this experimental, Trippedihopp sort of Ambient act called SubGud. For those (all of you?) who never heard about them, their two persons who are creative enough to release music, litterature and movie making. They are knoiwn for making Chilled remixes of the rockband Seigmen, but as far as I know, their fairly unknown all around.

Posted Image

Electronica pioneers Subgud have been around for quite some time, establishing themselves as a mainstay on Norway’s vibrant electronica scene. Renowned novelist Harald Rosenløw Eeg and partner Ginge have created their own kind of mellow and highly personal electronic music with an emphasis on vibrant but understated tunes. In a genre where musical fashion changes rapidly, Subgud has managed to maintain an identity and presence that’s almost timeless. They avoid the temptation to copy the latest fad, and choose to focus on their very own kind of electronic music. Several guest vocalists have been recruited to give the record an even more human touch, and the end result is a release that’s refreshingly solid.

You can have the Xpander album for free here (hurry before it gets removed): haha, your too late :P

and you can buy it and others here: http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?artist=SubGud&ev=ab :P And to be honest, I'm not sure where you can get their albums ..

A couple of links for information: http://www.discogs.com/artist/SubGud, http://www.subgud.org & http://www.opelwerk.com/hp/unknown/subgud

Posted Image

Edited by psytones

• 2 weeks later...

So, any feedback/opinions out there? I've loved this album for many years now abd it would be nice with some comments if you've heard the album. Warning must be, for some, it needs time and correct setting/mood/timing to be fully enjoyed and understood.

anyone? :)

So, any feedback/opinions out there? I've loved this album for many years now abd it would be nice with some comments if you've heard the album. Warning must be, for some, it needs time and correct setting/mood/timing to be fully enjoyed and understood.

anyone? :)

I like it. But I only wonder why it mostly has vocals. One or two of them are really nice, but even so, I'd prefer trip hop music without them. I'd say there is decent music behind the vocals in Xpander so it's interesting, but not something I will have the urge to listen to often.

thanks guys, really appreciate it :)

I like it. But I only wonder why it mostly has vocals. One or two of them are really nice, but even so, I'd prefer trip hop music without them. I'd say there is decent music behind the vocals in Xpander so it's interesting, but not something I will have the urge to listen to often.

hehe good you like it. Why do Massive Attack use lyrics? Why do anyone use lyrics? For you since you seem like a person who avoids lyrics in music, it can be another layer of dimension, effect. And they tell a story in words. yeah the music behind the distraction" is pretty good, I really like the basslines used, so good wide sound is preffered with puffs. It took me some years to (for me), get the album, i didn't digg it then, now I love it and has grown on me for years. personal taste and nostaligie is of course reasons. and pf- maybe I think its cool their from NO.

They make more artsie music in all reality. This album is the only 'pop' one. They released Museum and Magnet before Xpander and it has almost no vocals, I'll post some sounds from it later, I hope people don't mind and I am certain some will like the sounds they bring :)

I have the same feeling. some of the tracks are really good but vocals in every track (as the main element) ruins it for me.

...and "Congas" is really bad :unsure:

thanks for sharing :)

well I'm certain there will be a situation (if you don't throw it away that is) when it will suit as background music.

Yeah, Conga isn't a good one, I think over the years I've found my self sort of liking it only a few, maybe 3-4 times. (heard the Sprakplug track on this album?), that and Sober is a tad to depressed for my liking, heavy. rest is gold :D

no prob amigo !

well I'm certain there will be a situation (if you don't throw it away that is) when it will suit as background music.

Yeah, Conga isn't a good one, I think over the years I've found my self sort of liking it only a few, maybe 3-4 times. (heard the Sprakplug track on this album?), that and Sober is a tad to depressed for my liking, heavy. rest is gold :D

no prob amigo !

throw it away?! well, it's on my ipod at the moment and i have listened to it few times already mostly as background music as you said and as i said it's pretty good. i just deleted "Conga" from my ipod playlist :P