Confessions from the last 2 weeks

I have sinned. Once upon a time I said that Androcell's albums weren't very good... and that Distant System was much better.... But after I gave the albums a real chance and a few listens I realized that Emotovision and Efflorescense are excellent! Actually tracks 6-8 on Emotovision are a bit weak but all the other tracks are great! I must say all these are some of the better chillout music I ever heard....

Also I used to think Deep Dive Corp was crappy music too, but then I fell in love with the simplicity of Support Your Local Groover and need to hear the others now.

Other things I came to realize? Side Liner - My Guardian Angel is pretty good, and the Asura tracks with vocal samples are very good but the rest of them kind of suck! The only good track on Master Margarita - Mastura is the Earth Vibes remix... wish I knew who this was.

That's all.

At first, I thought this was advertising in disguise, but that's obviously not the case.

At second, I thought:

"Dear diary..."

But, then again, we could have this topic being about immediate dislikes, which, for some reason, grew on you - or vise-versa.

Same happened to me on IFO, for whatever reason, first time listening it I felt absolutely nothing and didn't like it one bit, Maia was o k but that's it. A lot later when I had listened quite a lot of full-on, crappy full-on, psytrance and goatrance, I decided to give it a second try, because of the baffling love in the review topic. And what do you know, it was fucking awesome. I wonder why..

Androcell is quite possibly the best downtempo act to ever exist... and I mean that in all seriousness.... really, fucking, amazing.

BTW I'm curious where these samples from Emotovision and Efflorescence come from... very good use of samples, UNLIKE, so much other stuff!

Well my buddy and I ventured to see him DJ at an event called The Fountain in Washington, and Tyler Smith (Androcell/DS) said the sample at about 3:08 (the scat-like chika chika hoo in the background) in Process of Unfolding is actually him :D

So I imagine in a lot of cases he is pretty crafty, and creates the samples himself. In others, like the sample for Neurosomatic Circuit, I'm not so sure. All I know is it's fantastic

I still much prefer Distant System though Effloresence does work wonders for me. The 'process of unfolding' track especially creates an absolutely fantastic soundscape to my ears and I love the mystical experiences sample in that cloud track(don't remember the name). The sampling used later in the effloresence track really grates unfortunately (imo) but other than that the album is superb. Not yet heard Emotivision.