Help! Please Criticize My Track!

Hi guys,

I've been messing around with Cubase for a few years now (mostly just making loops) and decided it's time to get a bit more serious and start making an actual track.

Been working on this for the past few days so its only like two and a half minutes long, but I need some proper criticism before I continue.

I want to make this track as good as I possibly can so please let me know (as specific as possible) things that you dislike, things you would add or remove, instruments that are too loud or too soft, changes you would make to the structure, are there too little or too many sounds, too repetitive or not repetitive enough, what would you do for the next part, etc. etc.

I can't ask my friends cause they'll say anything sounds awesome even if I show them some garbage that I made in 2 minutes.

Thanks for the help guys, looking forward to your comments.

Here's the Track (I maximized the main channel at a threshold of -3db):

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/1/23/2280954/Drugs.mp3

That sounds not bad at all. Some SA-psy feeling to it. Good job!

The only bad thing I can think of is the stupid/annoying/boring drug sample in the beginning. My tip is that you remove it and find something completely different.

The only bad thing I can think of is the stupid/annoying/boring drug sample in the beginning.

I agree on the drugsamples..

I concur.

It's not really a style I like, but it sounds pretty good for what it is. I like melodies, so I say get some melody in there.

Thanks for the input guys!

Funny thing is that the voice sample was actually what inspired the creation of the track in the first place, but I agree it's totally cliche and has been done to death. Will hunt for something better.

Otherwise, its good to know I'm on the right track (lol).

Will do some more work on it, maybe incorporate some melody, and I'll post an update as soon as I finish the next segment.

Peace