Neo Trance is the new Psytrance

Laserflip

No, please. Let trance be trancey with layers

Agreed.

of melodies.

Not necessarily. There's more to music than melody.

And if it's psychedelic, even better!

I think we can all agree on that.

its minimal - its tech - and its good

wouldn't call it trance by any stretch

but I do like it

and check that basilisk set, its good too

gives some good insight to the recent good

offerings from the tech/deephouse/proggy techno world

anyway - thanks for the good list of tracks

cheers

PsyON

Extrawelt - this is dub techno

Errr...there might be some element of dub in some of their tracks (but dub influence is everywhere in techno and dance music in general), but it is certainly not dub techno per se. Compare it with the Chain Reaction releases and Basic Channel, to start off with the oldies.

Pedro

i really love the music of the Cujorious One, very techy percussion in rhythm and EQing, but also has the psy kick tone. very minimal synths, excellent atmospheres. hope to hear more from these guys soon

No, please. Let trance be trancey with layers of melodies. And if it's psychedelic, even better!

yeah

as good as the music is (I like it!) ... it's minimal and not psy!

I know this is not a constructive opinion, and some people might put me down for being so direct and bold, but I think this whole neo trance movement is really boring.

I have been into electronic music long enough to have witnessed the demise and birth of many styles, genres and trends, but this has to be the worst I've heard yet. If I remember correctly, while a youth, I used to have more respect for speedcore and jumpstyle back when that was relatively fashionable, but this is just so disengaging I can't imagine going to a party where this stuff would be played for the whole night.

Not that I mean disrespect to anybody, I just cannot relate to this music at all.

I know this is not a constructive opinion, and some people might put me down for being so direct and bold, but I think this whole neo trance movement is really boring.

I have been into electronic music long enough to have witnessed the demise and birth of many styles, genres and trends, but this has to be the worst I've heard yet. If I remember correctly, while a youth, I used to have more respect for speedcore and jumpstyle back when that was relatively fashionable, but this is just so disengaging I can't imagine going to a party where this stuff would be played for the whole night.

Not that I mean disrespect to anybody, I just cannot relate to this music at all.

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe u r getting old :P

but seriously... would u rather stay at a jumpstyle party for a whole night than this?! I mean wtf :o

For me a whole night is maybe also overdoing it.. but at parties here they usually mix genres a bit up so it will not be going all night! And of course there are the usual problems with boring DJs but... a lot of psychedelic is to be found and heard, and for sure it might "disappear" again (like all techno/electronica sub genres) but it has been quite "the thing" for a while, and I feel I have heard a lot worse than this.. I'm mean jumpstyle and speedcore has been crap from the beginning :P

I find this stuff more psychedelic than the vast majority of the full-on psytrance coming out these days... but that isn't saying a lot :) There is still psychedelic music under the psytrance umbrella but you can't assume that the music is psychedelic simply because it is psytrance... nor can you assume that it isn't because it is some other kind of music.

Maybe u r getting old :P

but seriously... would u rather stay at a jumpstyle party for a whole night than this?! I mean wtf :o

For me a whole night is maybe also overdoing it.. but at parties here they usually mix genres a bit up so it will not be going all night! And of course there are the usual problems with boring DJs but... a lot of psychedelic is to be found and heard, and for sure it might "disappear" again (like all techno/electronica sub genres) but it has been quite "the thing" for a while, and I feel I have heard a lot worse than this.. I'm mean jumpstyle and speedcore has been crap from the beginning :P

Maybe I am getting old, but I feel hella young, and at the very height of my powers at this very moment!

I was just using a dumb metaphor, luckily in Zagreb it is impossible to stay out all night and be exposed to jumpstyle/speedcore, and I really don't want to imagine such a scene.

Naturally I have attended a few good minimal parties (more bad experiences than good ones though), but my point is that I just find that stuff not engaging enough. That's all!