Some Album Artwork

Basilisk

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Designing the cover for Jikkenteki's third album is probably the my most ambitious graphics project yet. I set up the scene at a friend's loft using a lot of cool stuff she collects (creepy dolls, birdcages, old machinery, etc.), shot the photos, and later edited them into the artwork you see here. One exception: the inside panel photo is from an unrelated shoot in an abandoned building. I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Weird bit of trivia: the lettering for the album title was taken out of a flooded print shop in New Orleans after Katrina swept through. I was told the type was not cleaned so part of that grime is caked-on floodwater!

Oh OK, well, you're internetcatalogue is worth having only for the coverart itself already! :) Keep it up!

Dude, offer him a bit of cash and see if you can negotiate a deal.

Being a free music enthusiast himself, he probably wasn't looking to make a buck, but hey, say, you have him do a cover for you and you "donate" cash to his website...just an idea on how

to start your negotiation ;)

BTW that Jikkenteki cover is simply stunning. It's different and one can tell you've put some time and effort into it.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...