blue planet corp has arrived!

technosomy

freezing cold here at the letterbox, hope the postmans not on holiday!!!, the things you do for your favorite music!!!

(he sais so oh so knowingly sitting in a pot hole puddle, getting pissed on by the local dogs)

still waiting, sure it will be worth it

its amazing indeed/// i been listening to it today all day long cant get enough :drama: :drama: this morning i'd the most amazing trip to work ever :rolleyes: 11:50 pm and still listening and its just cd 1 im stuck.... tomorrow moving forward disc 2 :blink:

midian and lubianka for god sakes :posford:

Got mine today, loves Saikos 2 day delivery time...

Listen at work tomorrow. Sure it wont dissapoint =)

2 days! you bastard lol , to auckland? been over a week now from psyshop, think i am going back to saiko

am now in australia so will prob be there by now

• 2 weeks later...

So, let me refer to things written in the review of BPC (I didn't want to comment in the review since it does not have something to do with music).

Apparently people think this shouldn't have been released... The only thing coming to mind is: wtf is wrong with you? :D It is clear that I am biased because I love the music, but even so, there are things that we can consider:

Music wise - OK this is not Goa. Does that mean non Goa music shouldn't be (re)released?

Originality-wise - There are 7 unreleased tracks out of 19, that is 37%. I agree this is not alot and not all of them are up to par compared to the already released ones (though there are some killers). You have a point.

But, most important thing is, it's all about the other tracks! They were only released on vinyls or on comps. The vinyls are impossible to find (and, let's be honest, vinyl is obsolete for home listening now). And look at their prices! And I'm not going to buy 12 compilations in order to have the tracks!

And Goa or not these tracks definitely got huge success back then and still now. Considering their unavailability, I think it is 100% justified to re-release them!

I am quoting on10 - "The motive? Quite clearly to suck some last drops of money out of BPC" - do you really think this is the motive? I personally don't, especially considering how difficult it is for labels to sell CDs (this is based on what I read here and there, I am not into the business).

And as for your recommendations for pirating, well, you have your ethics, I have my own.

To conclude, I have absolutely no problem whatsoever if people don't like the music (you'll notice I didn't criticize this point). But why question the "legitimacy" of the release? Don't you want people to have access to almost inabordable music?

So, what do you think?

Well my MAIN concerns are actually this:

1. There should be no CD2, since the unreleased tracks not good.

2. If there was a CD2, it should contain the 3 bonus unreleased tracks as well rather than 3 remastered well available tracks.

And you know already that I think re-releasing music is lame, not so important whether it was on vinyls or CDs originally. So it's clear why I would speak negatively about this release.

Well guys,

As rino said above, disc 1 is a Trancer's wet dream. The highly sought ridiculously priced 3 UFK vinyls are available on CD. Altough maybe they are too hyped, tracks like Ovebloody Flood, Midian, Lubinka, Generator and Aquablue amongst remain timeless classics.

On the other hand, disc 2 doesn't impress me much, and, once again, it's a proof that often the unreleased stuff remains unreleased because it's not at par with the released stuff. Except for Hemo Static II no tracks move me much. Regarding the end bonus tracks I think they are futile since they are fairly easily available elswhere. I would have preferred the 3 bonus tracks that are given away as download from DAT itself if bought directly from it directly on CD instead of those previously released tracks. Call it a selling/marketing technique if you like.

But alas, this double CD was a big achievement and took years to come up finally. There were problems from the beginning and when Chill Tribe almost gave up DAT picked it up again. You have those UFK tracks on 1 CD, treat the second disc as an added bonus if you like, but 2 thumbs up for DAT to finally have released this long awaited release :clapping:

Well guys,

As rino said above, disc 1 is a Trancer's wet dream. The highly sought ridiculously priced 3 UFK vinyls are available on CD. Altough maybe they are too hyped, tracks like Ovebloody Flood, Midian, Lubinka, Generator and Aquablue amongst remain timeless classics.

i always understood this compilation this way and the second CD as a bonus. the price is 12 EUR and that's the same as every other single CD in shops.

On the other hand, disc 2 doesn't impress me much, and, once again, it's a proof that often the unreleased stuff remains unreleased because it's not at par with the released stuff. Except for Hemo Static II no tracks move me much.

i agree that they are not all great. but still, i think that 3 to 4 of the 7 are really good (see review). but of course, it is a matter of taste. i love electronic music and am not strictly bound to just goa. actually i do like that 2 of these tracks are EBM.

Regarding the end bonus tracks I think they are futile since they are fairly easily available elswhere.

i do not really agree with that completely. sure, you can get these tracks more easily than the UFK ones and on CD - and if you bought them when they were released you would have no problem at all. but even the pulse compilation for antidote would cost 20 quid - and there was no legal download available for that track until 2 weeks ago.

I would have preferred the 3 bonus tracks that are given away as download from DAT itself if bought directly from it directly on CD instead of those previously released tracks. Call it a selling/marketing technique if you like.

it sure is a marketing technique. on the other hand i am not sure if those 3 bonus tracks are really that good. the originals (2 of them freely available on the flying rhino website) are no burners.

You have those UFK tracks on 1 CD, treat the second disc as an added bonus if you like, but 2 thumbs up for DAT to finally have released this long awaited release

definitely agree ;)

bwhale,

Chill Tribe had financial problems due to lack of sales. DAT had some trouble in arranging the artwork to reflect DAT label on it and a slightly modified tracklist on disc 2 and some mastering troubles.

No-one ever thought this isn't worth the release, except some canadian getting banned every 2 weeks or so since he has no life outside trolling forums...

it sure is a marketing technique. on the other hand i am not sure if those 3 bonus tracks are really that good. the originals (2 of them freely available on the flying rhino website) are no burners.

I have these tracks and trust me, they do NOT fit at ALL on the CD. While the CD is definitely Trance oriented, these tracks are much more non melodic Psy, bordering Progressive. I like them, they have a good driving fell to them (especially Digital Forward (Inclusion Remix)), but it was a clever move from Draeke IMO to put other tracks, even if they are already available elsewhere.

Perhaps some of them are better than some unreleased featured on the CD, but... I think they would have ruined the mood, if you understand what I mean.

As for the "marketing twist", I say yes and no. Yes because it is obvious that it was conceived for that purpose (getting the label more money). No because it wasn't actually marketed! How many of you guys knew about this? I only got to know about this from the Discogs forum. I don't think it was Draeke's evil marketing-suck-money-from-innocent-buyers move...