When & Where ?

UrAhArA

When and where did you listen to your first Electronic/Trance/Goa Trance/psytrance track ?

On which track you said waaaaw!!! that's my kind of music! :posford:

For me it was 10.000 miles-juno reactor, six years ago thank to my bro.

First psytrance track I heard was something off 1200 mics' first album, in a friend's dormitory in Oxford, in 2003 I think. My memory of the event is hazy, as was the room at the time (nudge nudge wink wink say no more).

somewhere in 2001 when i was 16 some of my friends wanted to go to a event called "psychedelic trance" (mainly because it had the word psychedelic in it, which had a certain "cool" factor back then ;) ). i didn't want to go with them at first because it was going to be some kind of techno shit, but we went anyway. when we arrived i was the only one of my friends who actually liked the music (still goa trance), so we didn't stay long...

after that it took me years to rediscover the music and then the dense, melodic sound i heard at my first party was gone :(

1999 at my friend's house. He showed me his dad's VA - Phosphorescent compilation (T.I.P.) and played Hallucinogen - Gamma Goblins & Psychopod - Psychopod and then on VA - Blue Compilation Koxbox - Fuel On & Eco - Toxic Recall, it was love at first listen really. Next day I borrowed all goa trance CDs his dad had (actually I didn't know it was called goa trance back then, I just picked everything with an image of shiva or with psychedelic colors) and some techno & breakbeat stuff, and went to a small music store to have them all copied... happy times. :)

I was 11. :mellow:

I listened to a lot of industrial before discovering trance music but the lines are somewhat blurred... for instance, have a listen to Front 242 - Stratoscape, one of my favourites as a young teen. It is essentially trance (and really really deserving of a good remix treatment). My first non-industrial electronic music find would have been Little Fluffy Clouds, a song I first heard streaming off of a site called X-Radio. And my first taste of real Goa trance was through an MP3 site called "The Temple" (this is back when MP3s were brand new and people were posting tracks partially to show off the technology and partially to spread the vibes). From there I remember grabbing some Hallucinogen, Man With No Name, and a song that has stuck with me forever: Deviant Electronics - Catharsis. I guess that would have been 1998? Shortly thereafter discovered TRiP, Audiogalaxy, and Psynews. Started DJing, opened up a web site, received a virus from CHI-A.D., wrote back to Andy C and decided to print up a vinyl featuring two tracks from Earth Crossing, lost my shirt, retooled my concepts... and now here we are.

I'd been listening to alot of industrial and The Prodigy throughout highschool. In about 1996 I purchased The Orb's album U.F.Orb.

Not long after that I had my very first experience with psychedelics and put this album on. I'm glad it was there for that (and The Doors) as it had a great impact on my conciousness at the time. There was alot of angry metal and immaturity around otherwise so The Orb's album really stood out and blasted my mind. :D

Walking home from work one day listening to a BP empire track I'd randomly downloaded to get the 'rave' feel in our own living room. Didn't actually like psy all that much from the parties I'd been to before that point (even though I'd been to a lot) but for some reason that walk home triggered some sort of mental switch and I guess I just got turned on to that psychedelic vibe. That was about two and a bit years ago now and I don't know where I'd be without the myraid of music it has opened me up to :wub:

I think it was something by Etnica or Astral Projection in a radio station back in 1999 (possibly 1998).

Of course that is about a full track, since many times before that some guy would passed by me with his car and some goa track would be played by his sound system.

edit: first electronic track I ever listened? I guess I was too young to remember, but I remember the first one I fell in love with and the track that got me in electronic dance music Chimo Bayo - Ecstasy Ecstano

First electronic music I don't know for sure, but the earliest I remember liking was Moby, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, Prodigy. Around 1996-1997. I didn't really "get into it" even though I liked some of what I heard.

I also don't remember the first trance I heard, but I do know who introduced me to trance. Possibly the first trance artist he introduced me to was my first trance favorite, Paul Van Dyk. This would have been probably 1997-1998.

First goa/psy I think was when I came across Astral Projection's MP3.com site, and downloaded Mahadeva. I didn't get into goa for some years, or even really know the difference between goa and the trance I was listening to at the time. That must have been about 1999-2000.

Before discovering Trance music I was listening to Rock and Metal most of the time. I believe it was in 1994 that I started to discover Trance music in the form of club trance, which was quite popular in the nineties here in Belgium. Albums like Dance Opera trip 2/3/4, music from the dance temple Extreme (e.g. Phi-Phi), I was rapidly digesting them... . Not long after that I felt these tracks on those cd's leave me a bit unsatisfied every time I hear them.....sure, perhaps they were a great deal of fun on the dancefloor of some party but to listen to them, I mean just listen and appreciate the piece of music that is flying into your ear.....and so I discovered the Forbidden Paradise mix-series from the back then still very unknown dj dj Tiësto....(to be honest, FP3 was my first one....)....a mixture of trance, hard trance, acid trance in a energetic mix.....actually, come to think about it FP3 & 4 were very good......

Anyway, so in 1995 I was wandering a bit in the local record store in search of great music when I stumbled upon a double compilation cd called Travelling. Looking at the backcover I reckognised not a single artist on the tracklist. The cover was great though: a trippy pic of a smoked dark red Ganesha surrounded by blurry images of snakes and spiders......

"Universal Psychedelic Trance" it read somewhere on the cover..... :unsure:

I decided to give it a listen at the counter......man.....what was that.....I was perplexed.....I really was......I remember that the first track completely sucked me out of this world and into another.....full of sound.......I mean my body was still standing at the counter but my mind was floating out there.......so the first Goa track I heard was Rainbow Spirit feat. DJ Sangeet - Sirius Shuttle...an almost eleven minute hypnotic ride with an escape pod from ... ...

I listened to the entire album at the counter of the store until they closed and the next day I came back to buy the cd..... :rolleyes:

At home I fell in love with Etnica - Spheric Konzept.........(only later I discovered that this track is actually called Moon Influence...)

A few days later I returned to the shop, armed with a larger budget, more time at hand but more important a list with at all the artists I liked on Travelling....my guide......

I returned home with Distance to Goa 2 & 3 & 4, Space Tribe - Sonic Mandala, Hallucinogen - Twisted....great albums!!

There you have it.....it was love at first sight...... :wank:

First one was 2003, Orbital Techniloqicque park on the movie TripleX. I didn't get hooked then though, I just liked it a lot and wanted more but.. well, just read the opening paragraph

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?sh...40&start=40

:)

Although I had previously made it very clear that I'm into electronic back to the days when I was a kid. I just preferred those electronic (eurotrance I guess) tunes over normal rock and pop.

i was into metal in highschool, then doom metal, then 70s rock, then krautrock and after getting hooked on Klaus Schulze i realized that electronic music can be as good as rock!!!!! at around the same time my friends whom i shared all my music with started listening to eurohouse and trance, but i only liked it as background music and when i was hanging out with friends (they were pop music to my ears). it couldn't replace the good old rock! then Yahel and IM and 1200 Mics and Zorba were added to our playlist and i think Yahel was my favorite. I liked em a lot but still I wasn't hooked. one day my friend's buddy picked us up and we smoked a joint or two as usual, he asked what kind of music you guys like, and my friend said Yahel, IM, blah blah blah, and he was like now that you listen to psy why are you guys sticking to the mainstream psy?! then he played some Jaia :wub: AWESOMENESS!!! i stopped listening to anything else :lol:

e. oh the jaia experience was around 2002 i think :)

Empirion -

, Chicago, 1997
Apart from the Hardfloor track I'm always banging on about, the first trance track I remember distinctly is this; heard it on the same day I first met Steve OOOD in 1994.

since ive been listening to music i was atracted to electronic stuff. back in around 98-99 (i was 12-13 :P) i mainly listened to commercial shit like on clubrotation etc. thats been the only source back then. around 2000-2001 i got internet (yes it got available and affordable that late for the masses in poland) around than i remember some Transwave tracks, i think the first one was MDMA from mp3.com. than i also got some Astral Projection stuff and Koxbox from audiogalaxy (anyone remembers? :P) but it really didnt tickle the right spot. until 2004 i was mainly into dutch stuff like armin van buuren, above and beyonde, gabriel and dresden etc. in the summer of 2004 i first went to a psy festivel (moondalla in poland) and also first time experienced the power of shrooms. this whole experience, this mystical atmosphere, the music and people changed my way. i began digging on the internet, went through all sorts of psytrance and found my true love at goa in around 2005. thats also since when i started collecting cds. a taste of dragonfly with Pleiadians - Maia was the first one i got :)) so summing up im pretty fresh at the scene. i was born a little too late :)) now i slowly want to build up a nice collection with the music ive missed :)

It was 7 years ago in school. Track Dark Soho - Dark Moon in the Stonedhenge schoolfriend take this album om class and press play on break between lesson. I was hooked. Other class people dont like it. They say it is PSYCHO. I love this psychedelic sound. And i go after school to friend house and we listen this album :drama: After this day i search psytrance on net and after half month i listed psy every day to now :)

Ubar Tmar - Prophecy, followed by various Astral Projection tracks. After that I started digging for the Destination Goa and Goa Head compilations, which were pretty big at the time, and could even be bought in the local CD store in the relatively small town I was from. Must have been in 1997 at the age of 14-15.

At a goa gil 'rave party' one of the first those days in New Delhi back in 1999. everyone was wearing tie&dye clothing with neon lights and trippy decor everywhere. didn't figure out what the hell was going on till mr gill dropped psycho by infected mushroom and the crowd went crazy. i still remember the rush :posford:

Guest antic

Around 1996/97 a friend quite randomly bought a UK Space Techno tape, which featured Cosmosis' remix of Disco Volante's "El Metro" and Tufaan's "Probe" remixed by GNOTR. We fell in love with those tracks and started digging around for similar stuff.

My life hasn't been the same ever since :drama: