Festival videos?

Lemmiwinks

So since it's summer time and all I suppose a lot of you have been travelling to festivals around the World. Wouldn't it be cool to have links to all the festivals around?

Here I start:

VuuV 2009 Mainfloor Fireworks

VuuV 2009 Open Mind Floor Daytime

VuuV 2009 Mental Gymnastics Floor

VuuV 2009 Open Mind Floor Nighttime

VuuV 2009 Open Mind Floor Nighttime 2

VuuV 2009 General View

VuuV 2009 General View 2

VuuV 2009 Dragons Deco

VuuV 2009 Dark Side of the Moon Night

VuuV 2009 Dark Side of the Moon 2

VuuV 2009 Mainfloor Opening

BTW if anyone can recognize any of the songs played it would be cool to list them ;)

I heard the lightshow on Vuuv was supposed to be legendary. I wasn't there, care to explain why, or maybe point out which of your videos (if any) has footage of this? :)

Indeed, the lightshow was spectacular. I didn't even think one could fit in that many lasers on a scene lol. Check out the first one with the fireworks, I found it was the most impressive. Also the ones entitles "dark side of the moon" and "general view". :)

the lasers were extraordinary because they used to be green only. but now they were all colours. Bright red, yellow, blue and green and anything in between. Very very impressive while the rest of the vuuv was a little bit unimpressive imho. Boring and old deco, no exciting line up. It all felt a bit like a compulsary festival with no love put into it. Except the lasers!!!!!!!!!! they were brilliant.

the lasers were extraordinary because they used to be green only. but now they were all colours. Bright red, yellow, blue and green and anything in between. Very very impressive while the rest of the vuuv was a little bit unimpressive imho. Boring and old deco, no exciting line up. It all felt a bit like a compulsary festival with no love put into it. Except the lasers!!!!!!!!!! they were brilliant.

what you were there dude? Too bad I didn't know, I could've walked up and say hi... ah well, maybe next time.

And yeah I kindof agree, they definately put up a show with the lasers and fireworks and such but in the end it wasn't all that impressive (I mean, after all, this is VuuV, the mother of all trance festivals!). I also had the feeling that everything was über-commercial, like everywhere you'd turn, someone would be trying to sell you something, like can't someone just have a good time without having to buy something every 15 minutes anymore??

What did you think of the performances on the main stage?

ha well I had the best time the first night on the open mind floor. The prefect sunrise without any clouds, and the way the stage was allinged precisely in the direction of the rising sun was just amazing. Then the second night I was kindof tired so I didn't stay that long and as you know, the last night it was pooring rain so we decided to call it quits and go to sleep. I had a good time and all but I couldn't shake of the feeling that something was missing (don't know if it was because something was actually missing or just that I have become too old for this stuff...).

I thought the first night the music was really boring. Didnt stay longer than till 3 am though. The opening on that floor was quite bad. I never really understand why people open a floor without any exciting intro or build up. It's straight 4/4 booming trance within minutes, while you can do so much with tempo or all other musical parameters at your exposal. You can really build a trance going from slow stuff to booming stuff. But i guess being a live act it is difficult to actually achieve that.

the performances on the main floor were really pathetic. They were random and without any link to the rest whatsoever imho. They could have been left out. And they should have continued the visuals on sunday. They were a nice bonus to the lasers and quite funny on saturday.

The music on the mainstage was pretty good on sunday night. Dejavoo did a really nice set that got me dancing again on fullon which hasnt happened for a long time. After that sabai sabai did a really nice merciless dark set. Even though it rained a little that didnt seem to bother most people on the dancefloor ;)

Watching those videos, it looked like a really good festival. Nice camera work on the night videos btw the lasers did look great.

I am pretty sure we don't have anything like this in the usa at the moment. Shame.

With all that gear, I would expect it would have to be pretty commercial.

With all that gear, I would expect it would have to be pretty commercial.

yes but I thought that VooV standed for Violation of Ordinary Values? Kindof some statement against our modern capitalistic society. Or maybe that's why they changed it from VooV to VuuV? lol