The Best Psychill/Ambient/Downtempo Albums of All Time - Compiled

JonCrow

Whilst we shouldn't restrict the number of releases per artist, do so many of the Shpongle, Entheogenic, Solar Fields etc. releases really belong in a "Best Of" list? I'm not saying they aren't good, it just seems like some artists have got all of their releases listed without trying to pick the ones that are genuinely the best.

Haha it's not a best of list, it's just a compilation of all the things ever listed by anyone in some old thread with like 30 pages, so half of them probably suck. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst we shouldn't restrict the number of releases per artist, do so many of the Shpongle, Entheogenic, Solar Fields etc. releases really belong in a "Best Of" list? I'm not saying they aren't good, it just seems like some artists have got all of their releases listed without trying to pick the ones that are genuinely the best.

Ah yes but my favourite Shpongle, for instance, is the second one 'Tales of the inexpressible', and whilst I personally believe it just about beats the other two I've read others who believe it to be the weakest. It's already complicated enough as it is...

Best ever? Well people are always going to disagree leading to a list filled in almost everyone's opinion of not so great albums, but everyone thinks different ones are great, ok and awful. It is inevitable as people of course have different tastes.

My best of all time are...

Oldschool Goa-Ambient

The Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences (TIP) Especially the version that comes with Mystery of the Yeti part 1

The Mystery Of The Yeti - Part 2 (TIP)

Oldschool Ambient

Global Communication - 76:14 (Dedicated)

Natural Ambient

Ishq - Orchid (Dakini Records)

Drone Ambient

Collection 1: Opening (Databloem)

Cymphonic - Strataradialis (Databloem)

IDM

Secede - Tryshasla (Sending Orbs)

Psychill

Solar Fields - Leaving Home/Extended (Ultimae Records)

Butterfly Dawn (LSD)

all albums I never tire of after hundreds of listens B)

I can't believe no one has mentioned Zero One! his stuff is some of the most incredible music I have ever heard! I haven't heard too much psydub but his stuff is amazing.

-Waveform Records

-Zero One - Ozone

-Zero One - Zero One

-Zero One - Prototype 2

-VA: Waveform Transmissions Vol. 1

-Sounds From The Ground - Brightwhitelight

-Kliment - Perpetual Ritual

• 3 weeks later...