Worst samples ever?

psytones

Some more irritating samples: Chakra's Brain In The Box track, with all those annoying brain in the box lines

+1

Actually any sample with a guy/chick screaming/shouting is annoying.

One of the worst for me is Chi-A.D. - Healing Magic <_<

Many people say this. I respect your view.

But am I the only one who thinks it fits PERFECTLY in the track? Besides, Healing Magic is my Chi-AD's favourite track. I also love the samples in The Ocean Also Dreams.

The sample I dislike in Chi-AD is in Astral Warrior. It sounds ridiculous to me...

Other than that... can't think of annoying samples right now.

Chi-AD samples are good, the only problem is that they get repeated a few times too many in lots of the tracks.

If I only I didn't have to hear "healing magic" repeated too many times. It just ends up sounding pretty silly :D

Many people say this. I respect your view.

But am I the only one who thinks it fits PERFECTLY in the track? Besides, Healing Magic is my Chi-AD's favourite track. I also love the samples in The Ocean Also Dreams.

The sample I dislike in Chi-AD is in Astral Warrior. It sounds ridiculous to me...

Other than that... can't think of annoying samples right now.

I loved that sample.

And agreed with the darth vadar shiva shidapu track. I believe it's called power of the darkside.

The Track Blinded Moon by Etnica (killer track btw), which just says "Aliens". That the least creative sample I've heard. They'd be better of saying "This track is awesome"

Well, haven't heard the track, but a single word could be good. If it's a scared voice from a movie with really good actors saying it in a scared way (and you know in the context of the movie it was probably like, what was that? aliens! only done a bit better) then that could be reasonable. but if it's just some weird/nerdy voice then that'd be stupid.

Well, haven't heard the track, but a single word could be good. If it's a scared voice from a movie with really good actors saying it in a scared way (and you know in the context of the movie it was probably like, what was that? aliens! only done a bit better) then that could be reasonable. but if it's just some weird/nerdy voice then that'd be stupid.

Don't know from where they took it, but it's simply too cheap. I think the real skill of sampling is taking something out of context, and using it to fit your own work. Just like the sample i Transformation(s) by Darshan, where you hear Winona Ryder from a drama/family/romance movie called Little Women "Late at night my mind would come alive with voices and stories (...) I gave myself up to it, longing for transformation." It's taken completely out of context, and they make it sound like alien occult witchcraft.

I think I immunised myself against bad samples after a couple of years of Thunderdome/happy hardcore abuse back in the late 90's.

I've still got 10 of the Thunderdome CD's sitting around. Ahhh memories. :P

Generally I enjoy samples if they are there and appreciate their absence if they're not. Don't even mind the old cliched cheese here and there.

A sample that comes to mind that I'm not too fond of is the rippling, quavering "Feeling very Shpongle" line in Tales of the Inexpressible. I know they used it to pull the listener out etc, but I find it interrupts in the wrong way for my listening experience. Sometimes I don't mind or notice it in this manner.

Don't know from where they took it, but it's simply too cheap. I think the real skill of sampling is taking something out of context, and using it to fit your own work. Just like the sample i Transformation(s) by Darshan, where you hear Winona Ryder from a drama/family/romance movie called Little Women "Late at night my mind would come alive with voices and stories (...) I gave myself up to it, longing for transformation." It's taken completely out of context, and they make it sound like alien occult witchcraft.

+1

e. but for the absolute worst offender, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Vegetal. For fuck's sake nobody wants to hear your fucking opinions.

+1

even xenomorph's latest , even though it sounded really good in the beginning, is so cheesy now. its hard for samples to grow on you till you like them.

they should do away with them altogther, IMO.