top 10 idm

murphythecat

Nope. Listened to lots of other stuff. I just don't think any of it is even half as good as Autechre.

Autechre is two guys.

who cares, you just didnt listen enough of idm, so you think that THEY are the best, you are mistaking

half as good, come on, again does sentence, please

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, Ilkae, excellent music!

One should definitely check Pistachio Island ( there is a concept and it is , play the tracks in random order aka shuffled and they still flow well).

And their latest one "Light Industry" is also very good, heard it a few times.

Murphythecat your over-enthusiasm combined with not so good language expressions make a slightly ridiculous impression :P ( Not talking only about your last post ,but the general image I have of you).

But I do agree with you about the part of IDM usually having much more 'depth' than your typical psychill or other stuff ( if we are forced to quantify something here )

On topic,

and how can we forget Near The Parenthesis ? One could put them more in the abstract ambient/glitch category, but the "idm'ish" label can easily be put on them without much hesitation.

OOpie is that u on the avatar ?

again with how i talk, im a french!!!!! not an English. Near the parenthesis is okay, but not at all in my top 10, come on, you obviosly havent been diggin out the good stuff in the IDM, cause its totally a okay album, but no maturity in his sound, and hes putting some emotianal melodie cause otherwise, his backgroung effect are really not goood enough for me

and my over enthousiasim? okay men, you really have a problem, im too happy about a style. Im sure you the type of guy being insulted when someone say fuck around you hein, and you are always clean, all your cds are classified in a particular order?

and btw, your suggestion are so not the type i like in electronica, just stay away, cause being criticize every time i open my mouth, your a pain in the ASS oooooooo i said ass! go pray now for god to save my souls. control freak I hope you realize it, you havent been over my topic yet? talking about how i talk, i dont know the syntax, and as long that you are able to understand me, i dont see the big fuss, im not doing an dissertation

bla bla blabla bla this is the internets remember? abalalabalbalabalblablabla

Dude. Chill. This. Is. The. Internet.

All he's saying that you're sometimes overly enthusiastic and you try to convert people to your personal taste. As if anyone that doesn't agree with your taste is just a poor misguided soul. It's not like that.

You like A. Time_Trap likes B. I like C. Rotwang likes Autechre. Very much so. That's ok. It really is. If he thinks it's far better than anything out there, that's ok too.

What you do is say things like: "if you like B that much, you haven't listened to A enough." Or: "you're not smart enough to understand A." Or whatever. But please, for shiva's shake, let other people have their tastes and enjoy different music. After all, that's how you learn about new stuff, isn't it?

btw add AROVANE to the list. His album Lillies is a classic for me.

You tried Tides right? It's a marvelous album too, right in there with Lilies imo :)

again with how i talk, im a french!!!!! not an English. Near the parenthesis is okay, but not at all in my top 10, come on, you obviosly havent been diggin out the good stuff in the IDM, cause its totally a okay album, but no maturity in his sound, and hes putting some emotianal melodie cause otherwise, his backgroung effect are really not goood enough for me

and my over enthousiasim? okay men, you really have a problem, im too happy about a style. Im sure you the type of guy being insulted when someone say fuck around you hein, and you are always clean, all your cds are classified in a particular order?

and btw, your suggestion are so not the type i like in electronica, just stay away, cause being criticize every time i open my mouth, your a pain in the ASS oooooooo i said ass! go pray now for god to save my souls. control freak I hope you realize it, you havent been over my topic yet? talking about how i talk, i dont know the syntax, and as long that you are able to understand me, i dont see the big fuss, im not doing an dissertation

I couldn't read this, seriously.

The last time I shared my opinion about Murphy I got banned, so guys: beware ;)

Still, it's hard to take someone serious when they act and write like Borat.

I would say as far IDM goes my list would be short, since it's not the genre I listen to the most:

1. Early Aphex Twin (up untill the windowlicker EP)

2. Kettel (master of melodies, but has released alot of filler in the past)

3. Jon Hopkins . His lates album insides is a masterpiece

The last time I shared my opinion about Murphy I got banned, so guys: beware ;)

I just hope he'd calm down and think before he started writing because that anger filled typing just doesn't work.

its sOOOO boring imo, you have to tell me what song are a masterpice in his recent record!?!

I just mention that kangding Ray is a talented artist. I actually like his music, its just a matter of taste

;):unsure::huh::rolleyes:

Do I have to talk ?

i'm actually a bit surprised nobody else seems to like Legiac, it's rather experimental by all means, but i think he manages to handle the chaos and storm of things quite well with something that makes sense in the end. It was very revelatory for me. Not mention the artwork (mings feaner) is literally out of this world

i'm actually a bit surprised nobody else seems to like Legiac, it's rather experimental by all means, but i think he manages to handle the chaos and storm of things quite well with something that makes sense in the end. It was very revelatory for me. Not mention the artwork (mings feaner) is literally out of this world

i wasnt able to finish his album

mings feaner sounds good, thanks for the heads up ! ;]

They; Legiac is Funckarma + Cor Bolten. They also work together under Dif:use releasing more ambient based stuff :)

e. I didn't like Mings Feaner that much, some tracks were brilliant while others just slipped away .___.

They; Legiac is Funckarma + Cor Bolten. They also work together under Dif:use releasing more ambient based stuff :)

e. I didn't like Mings Feaner that much, some tracks were brilliant while others just slipped away .___.

ah I had no idea, prolific chap he is...

and I do agree some parts of mings feaner slip, but It seems on the whole like a proper tripping album...

1. FSOL

2. AUTECHRE

3. AFX/APHEX TWIN

4. MURCOF

5. BOLA

6. BOARDS OF CANADA

7. TWO LONE SWORDSMEN

8. RADIOACTIVE MAN

9. AB OVO

10. PLAID

I tell you, my list wouldn't be far away from that of yours... maybe I'd exchange Murcof, Two Lone Swordsmen and Radioactive Man (whom I don't even know at all) for ... ehmmm ... Secede, Ulrich Schnauss and Telefon Tel Aviv or something. Or wait, maybe ... Brothomstates? Or Electrypnose (yes, Electrypnose)? Or Abfahrt Hinwil?

Ok, so I wouldn't know. Fine.

Good list and nice taste :)

Thanks Krist...;)

I tell you, my list wouldn't be far away from that of yours... maybe I'd exchange Murcof, Two Lone Swordsmen and Radioactive Man (whom I don't even know at all) for ... ehmmm ... Secede, Ulrich Schnauss and Telefon Tel Aviv or something. Or wait, maybe ... Brothomstates? Or Electrypnose (yes, Electrypnose)? Or Abfahrt Hinwil?

Ok, so I wouldn't know. Fine.

You don't even know about Radioactive Man, please do check him out, he is a crazy guy. ;)

Anyone that you've mentioned before Murcof ? No way, that guy sure knows his IDM shit. :P

and im really surprised almost no one mention Wisp or the flashbulb or even venetian snares or even plaid and mostly almost no one mention kettel? WTF!! I agree with mostly every psychill best of, or mostly ambient best of. but as for idm, i know almost every artist you named, but i just cant understand that you will put some okay artist, that have done okay album, over the flashbulb, wisp, kettel, autechre, plaid and bola and venetian snares

i cant help to wonder that maybe its because you haven't listen to the flashbulb, wisp, kettel, autechre, plaid and bola, venetian snares.

anyways, im just saying this because i think some of you should go listen to those artist, and see for themselves if really, they dont like it, because i suspect that some of you might not have listen to everything ive listen, so you might love your list, but really find something that would suit you in my list. and im saying that without thinking that my taste is better or anything, im saying that to make sure that you give it a try.

i hope no one will get all frustrated and saying to me things like taste is taste, and grow up...

so... go have a look at all wisp and kettel releases for huge harmonic idm, the new wisp is simply one of the best albums i have come across, but really, wisp is growing up on me really fast, im listening to this guy everyday, and i just cant get enough. and kettel for me its the posford of electronica,

for more aggressiveness: try flashbulb :kirilian selection and venetian snares:detrimentalist.

I hope im not loosing my time, and actually some people will really dig my suggestion and mostly take the time to go look for themselves

#1 Martin Haidinger (Gimmik, Abfahrt Hinwil etc.) - no questions asked, he's the best writer of melodies I've heard.

Yes, Martin is quite under-rated.

Pedro