top 10 idm

murphythecat

1.kettel

2-AFX and Aphex twin...but i kinda like more AFX rather the Aphex Twin

3-Wisp

4-Bluetech

5-the flashbulb

but i gotta say, theres a big distinction between my top 1-5 and my top 6-10.

those that figure in the top all made music that blowed my mind off, those artist made me open my eyes on the beauty that has to offer this new and exciting style. For me, IDM is as psychadelics as the likes of hallucinogen. idm is the new goatrance, as exciting, as intense and crazy, and as psychadelic too

6-venetian snares

7-the abbassi brothers

8-Ametsub

9-lights out asia, but is it idm?

10-secede

and thats about the ones that i really llove ans listen too... Ive come across so much nice artist, i cant name them all, but those are really the stand out, those i listen over and over again

for the fan of IDM, just go tchek those artist...

plaid

the squarepusher

proem

tycho

apparat

ander liar

bitcrush

mood deluxe

near the parenthesis

bola

crisopa

funckarma

scone

gridlock

katoo

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gridlock

Lusine ICL

Beefcake

Autechre

Funckarma

Boards of Canada

Proem

Architect

Kettel

Xingu Hill

+ of course the best idm album ever released;

Yasume - Where We're From The Birds Sing A Pretty Song :wub:

ander liar

funckarma

Hey murphythecat, that is quite a list of artists whoose reeases I have never listened to before.

I quote the above two because I only heard Anders Ilar's album "Nightwidth", but that was a purely minimal techno album - may I add that it is amongst the finest ones in that niche of mnml. I was wondering if you are acquainted with any of his other work, and how does it measure against "Nightwidth".

Any recommandation about Funckrama's work would be much appreciated. I have heard people talk about them, never bothered to give it a listen.

Anyways, I was never a fan of the 'usual suspects' when IDM discussions are brought up; Aphex Twin, Autechre, Boards Of Canada... But I would really like to expand my knowledge of Ilar's output.

For reference only, my vote for the best ever IDM release would have to go to Speedy J's "G Spot"! But then again, that one is SO much more than just an IDM album :)

Any recommandation about Funckrama's work would be much appreciated. I have heard people talk about them, never bothered to give it a listen.

Elaztiq Bourbon 5 (dreamy album, remastered versions of Bourbon Sounds, Elaztiq and Part 5 EP's)

Solid State (the nice melodic one)

Vell Vagranz (the latest, dubstep fused with idm)

I don't listen to much idm, but for me a top3 would be

1.Yimino

(The Evolution Of Bulbuss And The Polymorphic Nightmare to be exact. I don't think it's even possible to get an original CD of it anymore, only the one released on Onimim. I got it from a guy who got it from Yimino themselves way back for free, only had to pay shipping fees. And so he ripped it to as mp3 and gave it to me. Firen, 2 Left Feet, Hasnar, Sippid, Allied Axis - quality.

You can get some free tracks if you register on their site. http://www.yimino.com/ )

2.Plaid

3.Kettel

oh! ii didnt tough i would discover some new IDM in here, but yasime seems interesting. thanks, keep on posting!!

and what about the two guys saying only autechre? have you listen only to autechre, so you think its the best out there? at least make a list of whats good, not only autechre, cause theres not only this guy in the idm scene...

yes and ab ovo its all right, but you would put it up on your list?

oh! ii didnt tough i would discover some new IDM in here, but yasime seems interesting. thanks, keep on posting!!

You could try Xela. Especially the For Frosty Mornings And Summer Nights album ^_^

yes and ab ovo its all right, but you would put it up on your list?

Empreintes ;)

Some randoms:

Black Lung & Xingu Hill - The Andronechron Incident

Deru - Pushing Soil EP

Displacer - Moon_phase

Duuster - Habitat

Flint Glass - Nyarlathotep

Helios - Unomia

Legiac - Mings Feaner

Loess - 3D Concepts Part 2 EP

Logreybeam - It's All Just Another Aspect Of Mannerism

Mlada Fronta - Fe2O3

RJ Valeo - September

xhm² - This Anxious Space

I'm gonna go with some new stuff, got kind of tired of typing the same three cats all the time...

- Are Teek L **

- Two Lone Swordsmen (kind of classic, admittedly) ***

- EEDL **

- Funckarma *

- Karsten Pflum **

- Legiac ***

- Miles Tilman **

- Milieu *

- Styrofoam **

- Loess **

- Scone **