[mix] Robotic - Full Moon Spectacle

robotic

hi there.... here's my first recorded goa mix in about 10 years. featuring mostly old stuff of course. but all very influential and personal to me. some of you might be upset at the inclusion of 'infected mushroom - noise maker' and 'xerox - frequency drive', but both of those are immense tunes and just happened to fit right in the mix, so there ya go... enjoy! B)

Posted Image

ROBOTIC - FULL MOON SPECTACLE // Oldskool Goa Studio Mix - 09-07-2009

01. Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles - Ambient Mix [Twisted]

02. Planet B.E.N. - Ant Invasion [Polytox]

03. Orichalcum & The Deviant - Wicked Mille [T.I.P.]

04. Orion - Cynabs [Phantasm]

05. The Pollinator - Clone 3 [Tunnel]

06. Manmademan & Tristan - William [21-3]

07. Doof - Let's Turn On [T.I.P.]

08. Koxbox - Fuel On [Blue Room Released]

09. Infected Mushroom - Noise Maker [Yo Yo]

10. Hallucinogen - Trancespotter [Twisted]

11. Etnica - Starship 101 [Blue Room Released]

12. Sandman - Natural Born Killer [T.I.P.]

13. Xerox - Frequency Drive [Hom-Mega]

14. Astral Projection - Mahadeva - '96 Rmx [Transient]

15. Cosmosis - Gift Of The Gods [Transient]

16. Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Meggalenic Cloud [T.I.P.]

17. X-Dream - Freak [Blue Room Released]

18. UX - Master Of The Universe [Dragonfly]

19. Hiscore XOR - True Freedom [Polytox]

20. Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles [T.I.P.]

21. Unconscious Collective - Flourostani Transcendance [Flying Rhino]

22. Man With No Name - Teleport [T.I.P.]

23. Transwave - Cycles Of Life [Symbiosis]

24. Union Jack - Cactus [Platipus]

>>> DOWNLOAD 320k MP3 >>>

>>> DOWNLOAD 128k MP3 >>> tracklist .txt >>>

... original psychedelic artwork and partnership-in-crime by jake @ Alien Taste Productions.

Hi,

I liked the mixing of X-Dream - Freak and UX - Master Of The Universe tracks. That's a real mixing, which is seldom heard in goa sets.

Most of the sets, I find them with great tracklists, a perfect beat matching, but as a mixing a bit boring and predictable. They are just a group of tracks put together, one after another with no interesting new added value. I mean, to me, mixing two tracks must be done in the way that a third new track comes out of the other two, mixing and fusioning those tracks to form one unique new track. I know, it's hard to do, and it is not always possible with every single track, but on a set of 1.5 or 2Hrs certainly there must be the chance to do it.

this is a really sick set man, i love the way you've sewn it together

every track lasts just as long as it needs to before segueing unnoticeably into the next

wicked!

thanks a lot @ drew05 and jisnegro! yes the mixing is not an easy subject with this crazy old stuff. today i tend to do a lot of long, drawn-out blends when mixing, but at most gigs i play a combination of dubstep and techno, so blending two (or more) of those tracks together is MUCH easier than it is with old goa because there is so much going on in tracks like the ones in this mix. back when i used to play this stuff here out at parties i was mixing more crazy and would blend more, but this mix was made more carefully on purpose as it is meant to be enjoyed at home (or on the road, as it may be, but in any case mostly by yourself and not really raving ur nut off ;) ). but i do like to create a flow in a set and make transitions between tunes as unnoticable as possible. so thanks again for your comments, guys! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Really good mixing-skills going on there, it becomes almost hypnotical around the middle towards the end.

Pure oldschool goa, one can hear you had alot of fun mixing this :)

Hope to see another from you