Peyote - Alcatraz EP

Lemmiwinks

discogs link

A Alcatraz (7:02)

B I Will Fight No More (7:47)

Just going through my old record stash and I realized that noone put a review of this masterpiece! Peyote is another project from Rolf Ellmer and Dag Lerner, aka Dance 2 Trance. Both tracks have a lot of native american influences (after all, let's not forget that these guys hit it big with Power of American Natives...), but unlike their commercial hit, the influences used here are a lot more underground. People who went out in Belgium in the early 90s might already be familiar with Alcatraz since it was quite a hit in these parts (and is still played regularly at "retro parties"). It is a nice classic trance track with some native american chanting samples, nice, calm and hypnotic, which seemed to be the norm in trance back then. That said, my personal favorite is the B-side, it is absolutely superb slow-paced trance with great atmospheric pads, a little native american-influenced melody and a sample going "I will fight no more forever". It's a very simple melody but it works miracles. IMO it still would have its place in a chill-out set today. 4,5/5

• 1 month later...

<a href="http://www.discogs.com/Peyote-Alcatraz/release/34304" target="_blank">discogs link</a>

A Alcatraz (7:02)

B I Will Fight No More (7:47)

Just going through my old record stash and I realized that noone put a review of this masterpiece! Peyote is another project from Rolf Ellmer and Dag Lerner, aka <b>Dance 2 Trance</b>. Both tracks have a lot of native american influences (after all, let's not forget that these guys hit it big with Power of American Natives...), but unlike their commercial hit, the influences used here are a lot more underground. People who went out in Belgium in the early 90s might already be familiar with Alcatraz since it was quite a hit in these parts (and is still played regularly at "retro parties"). It is a nice classic trance track with some native american chanting samples, nice, calm and hypnotic, which seemed to be the norm in trance back then. That said, my personal favorite is the B-side, it is absolutely superb slow-paced trance with great atmospheric pads, a little native american-influenced melody and a sample going "I will fight no more forever". It's a very simple melody but it works miracles. IMO it still would have its place in a chill-out set today. 4,5/5

this old tune is fascinating.... recommended 100%