New Asura album ''360''

Nurbs

Charles Farewell aka Asura is releasing his new album 360, in Ultimae Rec.offcourse, in the last quarter of 2009.

Samples not available yet, kinda of early, but you MUST check his new track "Marianna Falls" here (its on repeat in my player more than 30min :P )

• 1 year later...

Hope it's not going to be ruined by boring and repetitive kicks! :P;):D

You're kidding :blink: , his sound is great, the kind of unique stuff :rolleyes:

I just hope that 360 got some tracks like "La chanson de Carla" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You're kidding :blink: , his sound is great, the kind of unique stuff :rolleyes:

I just hope that 360 got some tracks like "La chanson de Carla" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sort of, but not really. I'm referring to the discussion starting in the middle of page 3 of Promethous' "Corridor of Mirrors" album review thread.

If you refer to the very compressed kicks of, for example, "Like a Summer Day" or "Life²", there is no more in the album, even if there are two "4/4 with kick" tracks. I let this kind of treatment for live act tracks now. But it's always a question of point of view. Some want me to do always the "Code Eternity" vibe, with low bass and big compressed kick, other want me to do only space ambient, other want me to do chill music with triphoppey beat. The only thing I can say Antic, is that, if the only problem you had with "Life²" was its kick, guess you will like ²360². You can listen to samples here if you want:

Asura "360"

If you refer to the very compressed kicks of, for example, "Like a Summer Day" or "Life²", there is no more in the album, even if there are two "4/4 with kick" tracks. I let this kind of treatment for live act tracks now. But it's always a question of point of view. Some want me to do always the "Code Eternity" vibe, with low bass and big compressed kick, other want me to do only space ambient, other want me to do chill music with triphoppey beat. The only thing I can say Antic, is that, if the only problem you had with "Life²" was its kick, guess you will like ²360². You can listen to samples here if you want:

Asura "360"

I'll buy it regardless of whether there are kicks or not! I loved "Life^2", have had "Code Eternity" for like a year but still shrink wrapped, so not listened yet (I but too much music...)

Frankly, I just wanted to tease Abasio a bit. Though seriously speaking, I do prefer softer kicks in my chill/downtempo (i.e. "triphoppey beat" from your list probably)

:)

EDIT: Ok, the samples are seriously stunning!!! :o

The first Asura tracks I heard were basically in my mid teens. The kickdrum feel was what tuned me into a lot of other music. But I'm glad you've chosen a different style for 360, as I'm now into music such as what these samples sound like. Sounds great.

I'll buy it regardless of whether there are kicks or not! I loved "Life^2", have had "Code Eternity" for like a year but still shrink wrapped, so not listened yet (I but too much music...)

Frankly, I just wanted to tease Abasio a bit. Though seriously speaking, I do prefer softer kicks in my chill/downtempo (i.e. "triphoppey beat" from your list probably)

:)

EDIT: Ok, the samples are seriously stunning!!! :o

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :rolleyes:

Although softer kicks wont hurt anybody like me, Life Squared was indeed a blown away track, so good but so unbearable on headphones...

• 2 weeks later...

There's a copy on its way to my letterbox as I type this!

I heard one of the tracks from the album in a DJ mix recently and without knowing who the artist was at the time, it was my favourite part in the 2 hour segment. Posted Image

oh man the Altered state track just got bigger and better :o this is just the best ambient release this year so far for me

• 1 month later...

Sort of, but not really. I'm referring to the discussion starting in the middle of page 3 of Promethous' "Corridor of Mirrors" album review thread.

But Asura varies the beats in his tracks :P

I am liking this album, not every track is as good as I hoped but regenesis is one of the best tracks I have heard this year B)