The best trance ever was made before 2000...

Lemmiwinks

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a bit too loud, but I do not have the original files anymore i think, would have to look, anyway I would like to hear comments on them, not just, put the melodies gain down, if you think these tracks are not very good it's fine for me, but soundwise you have to admit they are like old tracks and a lot of sounds that appear on hallcuingoen for example appear on those tracks.

The sounds are good radi but you seriously need a lot of work on your track progression.

Each of those tracks, if you skip forwards in them, sound exactly the same the whole way through.

What made goa great was the anticipation of the climax after an interesting a varied story that leads up to it.

If your tracks were a story they'd go something like this:

The once was a man, he lived in a house, the end.

With the newer tracks that you make, don't rush them as it sounds like you did with these. Don't just get one idea and drag it out over 8 minutes. Have loads of ideas and cram them in, see if they fit, take some out, change it round, put some more in, take some more out, leave it a few weeks, listen to it again with fresh ears, fix the flow and then see what it sounds like.

Yes I know, and for the two break tracks that applies, but you must admit that hypnoticed sunvision is better and has more progression.

Also I would like to ask you to comment each track you have listened, not only a general statement.

My point with these tracks was to recreate the great atmosphere that appears in classical tracks, especially old hallucinogen tracks and give people a great experience going through great soundscapes, the build up might be a little boring as abasio said.

Just listened to hypnotized sunvisions and it's quality is good enough to be put on any compilation like mind rewind for example, it sounds very clean IMO and with Colins mastering it would sound better, the track has very deep atmosphere and melanchonic mood, it sounds very old, the last part from 7:20 sounds very similar to hallucinogen.

I have another version of rough environment with better mastering, probably I should upload that aswell, in rough Environment is pretty good IMO aswell, cause it sounds really like hallucinogen, but it is indeet repetative.

Not a lot of comments, so it seems my stuff is not liked that much.

I've just given it a listen, and I was pleasantly surprised. I agree that they need more progression but otherwise very good.