Classic albums one should have or die !

psytones

Hi psychedelic mind and body trippers out there in psynews’land. After reading the So why exactly is it that IFO hasn't been re-released? thread, I got real curious about what people think is the most essential albums out there which is at most parts hard or impossible to get, or just damn expensive to buy off second hand (like on Discogs or Ebay). So I'm not talking about essential albums like Hallucinogen - Twisted (easy to buy) or Sandman - Whichcraft (has been re-issued by Avatar). I'm talking about albums like Pleiadians - I.F.O. and Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet. Well, my knowledge of which is hardest to find and which goes for the highest price isn't good, so that’s why I ask you in curiousity; 'What’s your list of unmissable psychedelic gems?' e. Oh, and I'm trying to ask for artist albums, not compilations. But if you have to mention a VA then GOAhead.

LuBu, if you’re out there, this should be your time to shine! :clapping: :lol:

Some words:

Maybe the album your thinking about suggesting is availible on a re-issue/release?

Maybe the album your thinking of is availible on mp3 but not on a hard copy like CD?

Maybe the album your thinking ...

Maybe die is a bit too much but imho this album gets way not mentioned enough:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Truth-O...n/release/48841

It is a must have for me just because of the first track: Pleiadians- Time Dilation. Best Pleiadians track ever imho. The rest of the album is great too btw. Got my vinyls from Ebay two years ago , don't know for how much they would be sold now (or how much is asked for the CD).

Cool VA Tatsu, looks damn sweet. I forgot to mention it, but I was hoping for artist album suggestions and not compilations. My bad for not making that clear.

Thanks anyway :)

Guest D N H

Since i haven't made my mind yet for a top ten, some first thoughts would be about..

Ethereal - Anima Mundi

Pleiadians - IFO -and why not about a singles collection

Transwave - Hypnorythm

Cool VA Tatsu, looks damn sweet. I forgot to mention it, but I was hoping for artist album suggestions and not compilations. My bad for not making that clear.

Thanks anyway :)

Ok, then there is only one thing that comes to my mind without checking my albums at home:

Cosmosis - Synergy (samples: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ease.asp?id=69)

It's imho an absolute masterpiece and a must have. Don't know how rare it is but haven't seen it in a while so... :)

Hallucinogen albums

Etnica/Pleiadians/CropCircles albums

Transwave albums

Tandu/Oforia first albums

Total Eclipse albums

Shakta albums

BPC album

off the top of my head:

Toi Doi - Technologic (one word: REPLICANT!!!)

Battle of the Future Buddhas - Twin Sharkfins (Lord of the Dance is still in my top 5 morning trance tracks of all time)

Chi AD - Anno Domini, Infinitism and Biocandy

and I know that a lot of you won't agree with this one but: 1200 Mics - 1200 Micrograms

probably many more that I can't think of right now...

Oh, so they made a re-issue of that one too.

I picked up my copy in a cyberdog a couple of months back :ph34r:

Would love to see 'Doof - Let's turn on' & 'Abakus - That much closer to the sun'. I'm surprised no one's mentione the green nuns yet... Maybe someone did and I've scrolled past it.

VA - Black Rhino

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Black-Rhino/release/140402

Dont know how rare it is but I know I was really happy when I bought V.A Airborn

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Air-Born/release/3720

Koxbox - The Great Unknown

and Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet

http://www.discogs.com/Blue-Planet-Corpora...t/release/40940

as a vinyl at a garage sale couple years back.

The most annoying thing about these topics and all the others alike it is that all of or most of peoples reccomendations for must have albums are all the the older ones, like from 2001 and before. That shit is so annoying. Its always the same Hallucinogen release or Koxbox or Pleiadians. How about some newer stuff for those of us who weren't 30 years old in 1997. I'm sick of hearing about the same old releases every year.

Here are a few psy releases from the past 5 years that I think are essential

Cosma-Nonstop

Penta-Horn Please

Scorb-Ipso Fvcto

Protoculture-Circadians

Xenomorph-Demogorgory Of The Obscurants

Digicult-Out Of This World

U-Recken-Deeper Into Man

Solar Fields-Earthshine

Sensient-Antifluoro

The Commercial Hippies-If You Cant Stand The Heat....

The most annoying thing about these topics and all the others alike it is that all of or most of peoples reccomendations for must have albums are all the the older ones, like from 2001 and before. That shit is so annoying. Its always the same Hallucinogen release or Koxbox or Pleiadians. How about some newer stuff for those of us who weren't 30 years old in 1997. I'm sick of hearing about the same old releases every year.

Cosma-Nonstop

Penta-Horn Please

Scorb-Ipso Fvcto

Protoculture-Circadians

U-Recken-Deeper Into Man

Solar Fields-Earthshine

Sensient-Antifluoro

Mr you forgot Tetrahedron!

Cosma-Nonstop

Penta-Horn Please

Scorb-Ipso Fvcto

Protoculture-Circadians

U-Recken-Deeper Into Man

Solar Fields-Earthshine

Sensient-Antifluoro

You have to be 40 years old to appreciate goa trance? :unsure:

I think not.

And if you think modern psytrance output is better than it, then you are almost alone in that. There are no essential albums past 2002 or 2003 IMO.

Cosma-Nonstop

Penta-Horn Please

Scorb-Ipso Fvcto

Protoculture-Circadians

U-Recken-Deeper Into Man

Solar Fields-Earthshine

Sensient-Antifluoro

a part from cosma that's essential crap there and i'm not even 25 yrs old :drama: (well some parts of circadians i rly appreciated :P)

but not loving the oldschool is not a crime, it's a darn shame!

it's so wild and free :drama:

Cosma-Nonstop

Penta-Horn Please

Scorb-Ipso Fvcto

Protoculture-Circadians

U-Recken-Deeper Into Man

Solar Fields-Earthshine

Sensient-Antifluoro

I tend to agree, there are some essential releases that have come out in the last few years! I just don't agree with what you have choosen :P

I think

Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home

Jikkenteki - Flights Of Infinity

Scorb - Scorb

Luomuhappo - Pog-o-Matic Pogómen 3000000

V/A - Schizm

Artifakt - Artifakt II

BUS - Morebusinesslinkyouthere

Jaïa - Fiction

Principles of Flight - Nighttime Lullabies

Gus Till - Best Of the Rhino Years (1 & 2)

Sattel Battle - Sounds Cool

Solar Fields - EarthShine

Sienis - From A Nutter Perspective

Crop Circles - Tetrahedron

Principles Of Flight - Chaos Opera

are essential releases from the last 5 years, love each and everyone of them, haven't tired of them and think more people should listen if they can!

I tend to agree, there are some essential releases that have come out in the last few years! I just don't agree with what you have choosen :P

I think

Jikkenteki - The Long Walk Home

Jikkenteki - Flights Of Infinity

Scorb - Scorb

Luomuhappo - Pog-o-Matic Pogómen 3000000

V/A - Schizm

Artifakt - Artifakt II

BUS - Morebusinesslinkyouthere

Jaïa - Fiction

Principles of Flight - Nighttime Lullabies

Gus Till - Best Of the Rhino Years (1 & 2)

Sattel Battle - Sounds Cool

Solar Fields - EarthShine

Sienis - From A Nutter Perspective

Crop Circles - Tetrahedron

Principles Of Flight - Chaos Opera

are essential releases from the last 5 years, love each and everyone of them, haven't tired of them and think more people should listen if they can!

You didn't choose Solar Fields - Extended :o :o ;)

You didn't choose Solar Fields - Extended :o :o ;)

:lol:

I was sticking to uptempo!

If there is time (long list) I might put in a downtempo/ambient list later :)

edit: or maybe like others I didn't really read the first post and thought the thread was about just essential albums, not ones that need to be re-released :P

I posted my list of things I hope would be re-released in another thread, I was being selfish though!