So why exactly is it that IFO hasn't been re-released?

Penzoline

Patience and love?

I'm one of those unfortunate souls that have never heard it, and know I will love it.

So since I don't know it, patience is all I can do. Or if money rains one day, I can Ebay it :)

Yeah, no kidding. It's been available on itunes for quite some time, although I would cringe at buying it in such horrible quality. I suspect that is also the answer to the question, that it's available digitally and that's as much as they care to bother with it.

Idle speculation: they'd want a LOT of money for it.

But that's just plain speculation, weird one at that aswell.

There's gotta be more to this. I mean it's a huge album, highlighted as the Goa-trance album ever made by MANY and one of the hardest one's to find. And on top of that, people are actually willing to shell out a 100 bucks for a CD? Come on the thing is gonna make profit for sure. A re-release is a win win situation, really.

And let's take Juno reactor for example. Metropolis Records re-released all of Juno's albums physically (with odd bits and pieces missing though). It's not impossible to get old stuff like that re-released..

Patience and love?

I'm one of those unfortunate souls that have never heard it, and know I will love it.

So since I don't know it, patience is all I can do. Or if money rains one day, I can Ebay it :)

You think I could have possibly bought it? If I had I wouldn't have made this topic lol. Patience is not your only option, but if the alternative is not your thing, then carry on.

Yeah, no kidding. It's been available on itunes for quite some time, although I would cringe at buying it in such horrible quality. I suspect that is also the answer to the question, that it's available digitally and that's as much as they care to bother with it.

That's just wrong..

Because none label besides Avatar re-releases old stuff (there are some other re-releases in other labels, but they're rare).

So let's make a re-release IFO petition, sign it and send it over to Avatar! :D

Because none label besides Avatar re-releases old stuff (there are some other re-releases in other labels, but they're rare).

Right. Suntrip re-released Transdimensional but Anoebis has said they won't be doing any more re-releases.

So let's make a re-release IFO petition, sign it and send it over to Avatar! :D

I vaguely recall that there was a petition. Dunno what happened to it though.

Guys, you can purchase WAVs of "I.F.O." at beatport. Why bitch cry about iTunes quality?

A tad more effort put into mouse clicking and larger smiles would get smacked over your faces :)

And yeah, whenever you feel like spending a 100 euro per CD, PLEASE drop me a PM. It's yours. The CD, I mean.

Every genre has its own priceless treasures, depending on your point od view. "I.F.O." is merely one of the many... :)

Speaking for my own self, I have never been able, or found myself in a situation, to buy Transwave's "Hypnorhythm". I find that one way more elusive... I've seen "I.F.O." float around auctions way more than Transwave's debut, which I love, but have STILL not acquired... (weeps)...

Guys, you can purchase WAVs of "I.F.O." at beatport. Why bitch cry about iTunes quality?

A tad more effort put into mouse clicking and larger smiles would get smacked over your faces :)

And yeah, whenever you feel like spending a 100 euro per CD, PLEASE drop me a PM. It's yours. The CD, I mean.

Every genre has its own priceless treasures, depending on your point od view. "I.F.O." is merely one of the many... :)

Speaking for my own self, I have never been able, or found myself in a situation, to buy Transwave's "Hypnorhythm". I find that one way more elusive... I've seen "I.F.O." float around auctions way more than Transwave's debut, which I love, but have STILL not acquired... (weeps)...

Wavs are wavs for sure, but cd is something else, isn't it? :)

I too have IFO in wavs, but I'd reaaaallllllyyyy like to a have the cd too. Original or reissue.

You think I could have possibly bought it? If I had I wouldn't have made this topic lol.

Patience is not your only option, but if the alternative is not your thing, then carry on.

Yes you can still buy it! http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?master_id=33874&ev=mb

Maybe I didn't understand your topic idea. I agree that it costs a lot of silly amounts of money to purshes the original. But it's still possible to buy.

I would love to get the opertunity to go to ie. psyshop and buy a re-release for 10 bucks from Avatar or who ever would re-release it. I'm not that hooker on having the Dragonfly release, though it would kick some seriouss rhino ass to have that one!!

So what is my alternativ exept patience, to buy it for 100 bucks? To download it? (Where can I do that??) Or maybe find a kind person alive or on a forum like this that is fortunate enough to have it and be kind enough to rip it for me.

what about dloading it mr ?

So I read below you it is availible on iTunes .. But he complains about the quality. And Beatport has it on good quality.

Even though, I'm not there yet. buying mp3's i mean. I like to buy solid products like a CD or LP. Not a file.

But one day I will have to follow the flow and become a buyer of air.

Guest D N H

It is most likely not possible for Dragonfly to have the rights after so many years to reissue it.

What has been said before was that the exmembers of pleiadians were asking for an overmuch payment or just were not positive.

The bloody matter is that in psy-trance have been released many significant musical excellencies which now cannot find their way to republication.

Patience and love?

I knew it would bring me joy to have patience and love :D

No longer am I in that box :wub:

:posford: :posford:

Idle speculation: they'd want a LOT of money for it.

Bluntly, I'd tend to say that too, but I'm not sure they still own the rights, as someone mentioned later.

So, anyway, that's just a matter of balancing the cost vs the revenue it'd make.

Hmmph. Well, I PM'd draeke asking if he knows anything more substantial to this. dry.gif

I mean he was able to get Tetrahedron released so he gotta have some info.

yes let's see what i can say about this.

I'd say that I have mentioned to Max this option not so long ago (i think it was february or march this year) and he said he woudl think about it.

What makes me feel there would problems, though, is the fact that is being sold in wave and mp3 legitimally over the net. This was not the case of tetrahedron (but yes it was not released). But also makes me think that for Dim5 and many other re-release there was no trace of in any online shops. So maybe rights were sold for lifetime to dragonfly and now they were sold to some other company for online distribution.. i have no idea to be completely honest.

But I will investigate.. also because there is more pleiadians material to release and would be a fantastic double cd in case... (But don't start drooling, is just a mere hypothesis).

Re-issues are no better than WAVs.

to the hell with that bwhale, you are always so negative with this idea that re-release will make drop the value of original issue and yet u don't understand that the point is that more people will be able to enjoy it. get a grip!

boom

yes let's see what i can say about this.

I'd say that I have mentioned to Max this option not so long ago (i think it was february or march this year) and he said he woudl think about it.

What makes me feel there would problems, though, is the fact that is being sold in wave and mp3 legitimally over the net. This was not the case of tetrahedron (but yes it was not released). But also makes me think that for Dim5 and many other re-release there was no trace of in any online shops. So maybe rights were sold for lifetime to dragonfly and now they were sold to some other company for online distribution.. i have no idea to be completely honest.

But I will investigate.. also because there is more pleiadians material to release and would be a fantastic double cd in case... (But don't start drooling, is just a mere hypothesis).

to the hell with that bwhale, you are always so negative with this idea that re-release will make drop the value of original issue and yet u don't understand that the point is that more people will be able to enjoy it. get a grip!

boom

What I was looking forward to hearing, actually. I knew you'd know something. Keep us informed if you get some fresh news on this issue and if not, thank you at least for doing something. :)