Brüno?

Lemmiwinks

so it seems that Sacha Baron Cohen (aka Alli G, aka Borat...) is back with a new flick, this time as a gay austrian fashion designer. Did anyone see it yet? My problem with this guy is that, although he comes up with some great sideshow carachters, he never really manages to deliver a good full movie, so I'm kindof hesitating on whether I should see this one.

So I'd apreciate your views on it ;)

I will def gonna watch it.

Borat was great and painfully funny :lol:

+1

The thing about his movies is, although there is a lack of a (deep) story, it still makes you laugh very hard. And that's what I like.

I just hope he won't make too many people's lives miserable =/ (of those who are in the movie).

Borat had it's moments, but this one I just have no interest in.

Because it's über geigh?

I'm looking forward to DL it when it's availible on DVDrip. Anyone seen the part of MTV Movie Awards where his ass is in Eminem's face? Was funny :lol:

I assume it was staged, since nothing like this happens without an agreement. But I do suspect it was in his face a tad longer then agreed on.

:drama:

I still think Ali G indahouse is the best thing to come out of Sasha, but this doesn't look bad - On par with borat actually.

:(

I just saw Ali G indahouse, it was OK, but I didn't laugh.

I think the new movie will be on par with that movie. More of a nitch movie I suppose.

Ah well, yesterday my gf wanted to go to the movies and since this was basically the only movie playing there that didn't seem like pure crap I decided to give it a go. Knowing Sacha Baron Cohen's older movies I wasn't expecting much, but in the end I actually laughed a lot more than I was expecting to. The concept of the movie is simple: take an actor, make him act as gay as possible in the most gay-unfriendly places that you can imagine (in the middle of orthodox jews or going on a hunting trip with some redneck Americans, etc.). There are some situations where you wonder how Sacha Baron Cohen and his filming crew made it out alive, then you realize that this movie is only made to look like they're filming real life situations but in reality it's all scripted material... There are some scenes which are a bit over the top (for example the dancing penis scene... although I'm glad that this is basically the first wide-audience movie to actually play gabber in their soundtrack ;)) but all in all I'm pretty happy I've seen it. It definately deserves an A for twisted and original humour. There are also some pretty subtile jokes in there ("OK so that's Darfour, now where's Dar-five?"). What I found even funnier than the joke itself was that like half the audience didn't get it lol. My only regret is that this movie focuses like 95% on gay people and only 5% on fashion, seeing the movie description and all I was expecting more of a 50-50 focus.

Oh and needle ninja: believe me, all those previews don't really give you an impression of the movie, there are many many more shocking (even obscene) scenes that they didn't dare show in the previews ;)

PS

What's a "nitch"?

I suppose he meant "niche", as in niche market ;)

There are some situations where you wonder how Sacha Baron Cohen and his filming crew made it out alive, then you realize that this movie is only made to look like they're filming real life situations but in reality it's all scripted material...

No they're not!

Ppl said the same about Borat, yet they never checked how many lawsuits ''the supposed to be extras'' filed against the producers.

The only scripted material on Borat was the Pamela Anderson abduction , since Pamela knew about it. Her bodyguards and the other people there didn't though.

Plus Sacha Baron Cohen played with ''real life people'' way before the Borat movie, check the Ali G in NBA videos for example.

No they're not!

Ppl said the same about Borat, yet they never checked how many lawsuits ''the supposed to be extras'' filed against the producers.

The only scripted material on Borat was the Pamela Anderson abduction , since Pamela knew about it. Her bodyguards and the other people there didn't though.

Plus Sacha Baron Cohen played with ''real life people'' way before the Borat movie, check the Ali G in NBA videos for example.

mate if those sitations weren't scripted then Sacha Baron Cohen would've recieved a bullet in his head a long time ago...

For example in one scene, Brüno is invited in the house of some leader of a lebanese terorist group home for an "interview" and he ends up getting thrown out because he openly insulted Osama Ben Laden... If that dude would've REALLY been a leader of an islamic terrorist group, I really doubt that he would've just thrown him out of his house. You don't fuck around with this kind of people...

mate if those sitations weren't scripted then Sacha Baron Cohen would've recieved a bullet in his head a long time ago...

For example in one scene, Brüno is invited in the house of some leader of a lebanese terorist group home for an "interview" and he ends up getting thrown out because he openly insulted Osama Ben Laden... If that dude would've REALLY been a leader of an islamic terrorist group, I really doubt that he would've just thrown him out of his house. You don't fuck around with this kind of people...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk2oee2kjT8&feature=fvst

More here

hmmm I still have my doubts... after all, there isn't any actual proof of this except Sacha's own word. Don't forget that people like David Copperfield made a longlasting and successfull career out of making people believe that illusions were real...

hmmm I still have my doubts... after all, there isn't any actual proof of this except Sacha's own word. Don't forget that people like David Copperfield made a longlasting and successfull career out of making people believe that illusions were real...

If it was any other than Cohen I'd have doubts too, but I know that he's crazy mothafucka! :D