Is the book always better than the movie?

abasio

Books or Movies  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What's usually better

• Books
    • Movies

What was so good about the movie though?

It wasn't so good, but good. It was entertaining and the actors did a solid job. See, I don't always need complex storytelling in movies. Sometimes I just want some good ol' entertainment. Which is different from my attitude towards books. Thus I prefer a simplistic movie over a simplistic book. :)

• 2 months later...

I have just finished Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? And I can say in this case that the movie Bladerunner which is based on it is much better than the book.

It is a rare case when this will happen though and Bladerunner had the stunning sets, beautiful soundtrack and was losely based on the book so it was OK to get rid of the crap and put in awesomeness! B)

I think of minority report in the same way, the movie def. expanded on the concept and took more than a few creative liberties.

• 1 month later...

It wasn't so good, but good. It was entertaining and the actors did a solid job. See, I don't always need complex storytelling in movies. Sometimes I just want some good ol' entertainment. Which is different from my attitude towards books. Thus I prefer a simplistic movie over a simplistic book. :)

This I would have to agree with.

I saw the Terminator IV book a while ago and while I didn't read I cannot imagine it's a decent read and the movie is probably better :ph34r:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I have just finished Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? And I can say in this case that the movie Bladerunner which is based on it is much better than the book.

I'd agree with that. The book was a worthwhile read, although quite depressing (in a similar vein to Dr Bloodmoney - which I thought far superior,) and not as well-developed or believable as the film. I certainly didn't feel much sympathy for Deckard in the book!