Michael Jackson R.I.P.

rino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyJbIOZjS8...eature=featured

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqxo1SKB0z8...eature=featured

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tqYUTjQIc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVoJ6OO6lR4

All hippie, shiva, psy induced aesthetics set aside, I quite liked some of these as a kid. Crap, made me dig out my "Bad" vinyl, undust the record and... :rolleyes:

What a wacked out personality though. As if the music hasn't earned him kazillions, just about every TV or radio appearance got the media hyped sky high. Damn it, bottom line is he actually made pop music sound cool for a while there. Whatever, Thriller and Billie Jean remain amazing songs!

yeah, RIP -_-

he made good music...

but the news about him in the last years were :ph34r:

That was expected. His time has passed several years ago already (being said without badmouthing).

RIP, anyway.

Don't know if it's the most appropriate time to say this, but I never liked single one of his tunes, except Alien Ant Farm's take on Smooth Criminal.

There is no appropriate time to admit to liking AAF.

Compared to his funky stuff with the Jackson Five and his killer pop tunes on Off The Wall and Thriller, today's pop and RnB music is PURE SHITE with its worthless melodies, overdone production and awful autotune effect on vocals.

RIP for one of the most talented pop musicians ever. Rock on wacko! :clapping:

I was 5 when Thriller was released and I remember t was super hyped, and I loved most of the tracks at the time. Billy Jean and Thriller will remain by all time favorites. My dad still has the double vinyl of Thriller.

I remember there was a TV show in france for music charts on fridays or saturdays, and they showed the Thriller clip and others for many weeks...wow I was scared but the music and the dancing were huge. Just check the Thriller part with the zombies and you see what kind of artistic genius Michael Jackson was.

BAD was also something. But I didn't dig most of his 90's+ work.

Like another one said, the best years for him were behind. I doubt he could have made a real come back in 2009/2010 with a smashing album for example. The new concerts were just a way for solving his money problems.

Honnestly, besides the musical aspects, I think his private life was a mess and this was obviously due to the very hard education from the Jacksons' father, and the fact he got no childhood. I'm not trying to say he wasn't responsible or what he did. My feeling about the "pedophilia affairs" is that he was actually guilty but didn't even understand that, for, he still considered himself as a child, so entitled to "play" with children. Nevertheless it is a disgrace to attempt anything with kids. Who knows what kind of filthy agreement he reached not to be sentenced to jail?

No matter what, the popular memory will probably erase these ugly parts, and he will be considered for long of a real genius who went where noone had been before, and even over the line, like many gifted ones before him.

I have to admit i was and still am in a bit of a "shock" i was at work when i watched the news on TV saying "Michael Jackson is Dead" , really reminded me of that old 90's song "James Brown is dead" but instead of James it was Michael's , still can't believe he's dead and the reason is , his body may be out of this world but his soul and magic will sure live forever.

It's so strange when i used to listen to his music knewing he was alive and now listening to his work and knowing he passed away..

We're all feeling what was the time of the Queen fans , Elvis and so others.

These are my toughts and thanks Michael for making the history you've made , the music , the moves , everything.

Apart from his personal problems , he was only Human as we all are.

/Filipe

MJ was genius. In all levels.

The sad part about him though is that he died lonely. I never believed this stupid pedophilia accusions. Like mars said MJ was a child in a man's body.

He never had a childhood. His father was abused him and his was just a kid when he became a world superstar with Jackson 5.

After Thriller though he became such a star that he couldn't walk in streets anymore without fans hunting him down.

He was just a boy.

And what about his vitiligo problems and the fact that he had to take heavy dermatologic treatments, make-up all day and avoid sun?

Ppl around the world started to mock him. I used to knew MJ as a weirdo star that he wanted to turn white cause black ppl never made it to MTV. Bullshit! He was just sick.

He spent most of his life in Neverland alone and sad. Yes, he was weird. Yes, he was still a child. Yes, he didn't understand what it's politically correct when you're around children. But can you blame him? Can you crucify him?

Anyway if he's really dead then RIP dude.

If he's still alive, then I hope he'll live happily now.

I have to say I'm glad he's dead. No more stupid tabloid stories!

RIP

ah but that's quickly forget the upcoming hoard of shitty MJ remixes that will be hitting our radiostations soon...

Anyway, before all this commercial/ uncommercial music split thing I must say that I found his stuff quite innovative. I mean, just think of the mere concept of making a "scary" pop title like Thriller, it might seem plain as day now but it was extremely innovative at the time. And let's not forget that the instrumental part of Billie Jean was played by the likes of Goa Gill at Goa parties before trance music was made. :)

Yes RIP MJ, although when you think of it, sudden unexpected death is how most superstars go (Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon,...)

The Dangerous album was about 10 years a head of it's time.

hm, Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous .. Talking about him self in warnings? hr hr r... sorry, couldn't help it.

It would be nice if he could have his final months on the stage,

2 Bad he didn't get to realize that last wish of his, and of his fans, because he kind of knew the way things would end.

It would be nice if he could have his final months on the stage,

2 Bad he didn't get to realize that last wish of his, and of his fans, because he kind of knew the way things would end.

quite on the contrary, I think it's best like this for people to remember him as he was during the glory days rather than how he was now...

quite on the contrary, I think it's best like this for people to remember him as he was during the glory days rather than how he was now...

Well maybe your right, it might have turned out to be a total fiasco with weak dancing and singing because of health. All 50 shows where full booked, so no fiasco there though. So imagine that the he would have given it his all and preformed beautifully, for sure it would be better for him/fans to have a last shine in the spotlight up on stage, even if it would be 10 shows .. . IM(andmanyothers)O

:)

wonder what will happen to the Beatles licenses now that MJ is done . ?

wonder what will happen to the Beatles licenses now that MJ is done . ?

According to a very unreliable source I read, by US law the copyright will stay with Jackson's estate until 70 years after his death. On the other hand I've just found this, so I'm not sure what's going on.

e: oh, I see.

In 1995, Jackson and Sony merged its music publishing businesses.[111] Since then Jackson and Sony jointly owned most of the Lennon-McCartney songs recorded by The Beatles.