jikkenteki appreciation thread

technosomy

would just like to say thanks, for all you have contributed to this forum and the psy and ambient scene over the years.

it saddens me and others that you will no longer be making the great music you do, but when the passion dies, then the music usually dies with it, so good for you to quit on top.

and the fact you have always given most of your music away,and have never really had any returns, sais alot about how dedicated you are to bringing the vibe to the people, through these selfless actions.

would be cool if someone could release your latest work as a thank you for your contributions, (hint hint suntrip/dat )

we should all make a commitment to buy it from you, just to say thanks.

i wish you good luck on everthing you do from now on.

and hope that one day the vibe may return, as we need more people like yourself in this scene, and on this great planet we live on.

am listening to your latest works as i am writing, and loving it.

thanks

Not sure what the reasons for leaving the scene are, but I wish you luck with whatever you pursue.

I like Technosomy's idea, but I think it would be more realistic and practical to ask Jikkenteki to leave his

paypal ID, so people that download the album and like it, donate some money, however small or large the amount.

I think it'd be nice for people to show a token of appreciation for the music....hell... send the guy a few bucks to have a beer in exchange for you listening to his album...

seems pretty fair and reasonable..

....so...Jikkenteki would you be so kind to post your paypal ID?

Not sure what the reasons for leaving the scene are, but I wish you luck with whatever you pursue.

I like Technosomy's idea, but I think it would be more realistic and practical to ask Jikkenteki to leave his

paypal ID, so people that download the album and like it, donate some money, however small or large the amount.

I think it'd be nice for people to show a token of appreciation for the music....hell... send the guy a few bucks to have a beer in exchange for you listening to his album...

seems pretty fair and reasonable..

....so...Jikkenteki would you be so kind to post your paypal ID?

great idea!!!

Tell us what happened.... :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama: :drama:

+1

did his Par-2 own label bankrupts ? or something else?

This situation draws more generally the attention on how is fragile this scene economically.

When i see the Cloudcycle'blog where Mauxuam & Greg Hunter are more than happy to discover that at least someone start to airplayon a radio their new conceptual music & even that a digital store is interested in selling their for now, free stuffs, it's quite intriguing to me, how low situated should be the psy musical market market... :unsure:

Sad, he even deleted his myspace account, coz was having one isn't it ?

Whats the best Jikkentekki album out there? I only listened to his latest album, didn't catch my attention

If you like Downtempo, hurry up and get The Long Walk Home CD1. One of the best (and I mean it) ambient/downtempo I heard.

The CD2 is upbeat, a bit like Flights Of Infinity, but more... acidic? Anyway, it's worth it.

Ambiguity, An Angel Takes Flight and Warmth In Cold Places are stunning, I listen to them regularly.

Much love going out to Jikkenteki.

The Long Walk Home & Flights of Infinity still rate among my favourite albums.

It is sad of course to see such a talented musician (with taste so in line with my own) stop making music but you have to go the way life takes you. This is not a scene where music can be your whole life and it might sound like a cliche but sometimes life catches up with you. You no longer have the passion that initially drove you or things happen that dampen your spirit for it.

All I can say Rennis is good luck in your life away from the Psy scene. You will be missed.

Wishing you all the best

said it before and am saying it again, if i'm forced to listen to only one CD for rest of my life that would be The Long Walk Home CD1. :clapping:

I hope you have found an alternative passion.

wish you the best and thanks for all your efforts to bring something new to this scene.

I hope you use your creativity in other forms.

Much sadness I feel :(

Music needs passion, passion needs fulfillment! If it's not there you have to step away, maybe the joy will return and the hunger for more will come one day!? I hope we will be this lucky, since it is people like you that keeps this scene breathing! But if doesn't happen know that many people were happy with what u contributed!!!

Good luck with all the new adventures, good things comes to good people :)

I don't understand, hmm.... you don't make music, music makes you.

friendly reminder.

you'll be at it again, just quit thinking about music so much and let it just happen and go wherever. Clearly you have an audience. I play you're tracks at parties, particularly the ones on cronomi. Theres this topic and lots of people into your tracks, theres more than can be said for a lot of other people putting out music.

But anyway I think we are all speculating since no one really knows whats up but is appreciative anyway. But you can PM me or something with your ponderings, i'll lend an ear (two), exterior persperctive always helps any situation :)

I am so very sad to see him stop. Right after I just discovered him via the new album so generously given to us free.

I think it is brilliant! What a drag!

Anyway, fans probably already know about this but it looks like many previous albums, as well as compilations he edited are available to download in multiple formats here:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/jikkenteki/

Rennis, you bailed on me before we ever got to hang out :) to Japan way way back! Haha. Anyways, thanks for everything you've done musically. I just read word of your stoppage here for the first time. Anyways, you're a rockin guy from a wonderful hometown and I'd like to tell you that today, psy in minnesota, there's a new producer of it here! :) But it mostly started here with you and your little parties. Thanks for everything and being a great friend and trading partner over the past years.

Aaron

Finally got around listening to the first Jikkenteki album and I definitely agree with longloststar, it's one for the history books. And to give out something like that out for free, it's just not what you'd see everyday.

Go grab it if you haven't, you won't be disappointed!

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/jikken...long-walk-home/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...