So, Shakta and Ten Times Around The Sun

Penzoline

I'm too curious about this. After years of silence, Shakta suddenly graced us with a, wonderful, brand new track that sounds like good old shakta and then... nothing. So, does anyone know if he's making a new Shakta album or did he just make one track for nostalgia's sake? I did notice he's been busy with other projects, but still.

It'd be pretty orgasmific to get a new Shakta album that follows the style of Ten Times Around The Sun. :drama:

Guest antic

I'm too curious about this. After years of silence, Shakta suddenly graced us with a, wonderful, brand new track that sounds like good old shakta and then... nothing. So, does anyone know if he's making a new Shakta album or did he just make one track for nostalgia's sake? I did notice he's been busy with other projects, but still.

It'd be pretty orgasmific to get a new Shakta album that follows the style of Ten Times Around The Sun. :drama:

I remember Anoebis or Mars mentioning, that he did it on their request but he didn't really liked it (the style) any more. So no, I wouldn't hold my breath for another old-school Shakta album or any other releases in that style from him for that matter.

:(

Well, there was this Trance Dimensions party back in autumn 2007, in Belgium. Shakta was booked to play an oldschool live set.

Before he played, Anoebis and I met him, said we were preparing a new compilation and that we'd like to see him on it, would it be uptempo or downtempo.

He apologized, saying he had lots of work (Kaya Proj, Hibernation, 8 Ball, Alien tears, etc) and a real work and family life...something like that. So we understood it wouldn't be possible.

Then he played. And there was this kind of explosion we see sometimes in the Belgian crowd. Everyone danced and shouted and cried! The man himself really enjoyed the show.

After the set, he came straight back to me, and said he agreed to make one track. Just like that. I guess his set made him realize his oldschool tracks were still the bomb and he enjoyed the party so much that he changed his mind.

A couple of months later, we had a first version of the track, then a second, and that's the one that's on Opus Iridium.

I think the crowd that night allowed that miracle. But I don't think Seb Taylor is much into Goatrance anymore. Just have a look at his latest Kaya/Hibernation stuff, that's what he's into. It woould be cool to work with him again, goatrance or not, because he's a nice person and a great musician.

He is playing another retro Live ( chill also ) this saturday in Hungary near Budapest http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/party/details/46618 .... Afgin plays DJ set and Live there also ...... :) lets hope for at least another oldschool inspiration , if not oldschool album .... ;) i cant go ... :(

Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up, Mars.

Pretty sad thou.. it's obvious he still has it in him and if he were to make a new album, it would probably be as awesome as silicon trip. Ah, well. :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hum, sample smells good, I'd like to hear it.

Besides that, what's the deal with Jihooka - Pure Deliverance track? Is it supposed to be a cover? Because if that is not a remix/cover of Teleport then I don't know what a cover is... :wacko:

Not, that is not remix or something like that. I spoke with them and they just was influenced by MWNN while making track. Really reminds on Martin's tunes but isnt. Track is dangerously good! :)

I'm performing at a festival in August where Shakta will be playing a retro set. Will report back when I hear more of what he's doing these days.

I talked with him a few days ago, and he just made a new retro track that will be released on Timo's new label (Dimensional Records), he may produce more, and in that case, I'm pretty sure Suntrip will jump onto it, if they are good enough :) (but the man knows what he is doing, héhé)

A couple of months later, we had a first version of the track, then a second, and that's the one that's on Opus Iridium.

Wooaaah nice, I always thought it was a previously unreleased track! :o He's really an awesome artist, he still has it..

• 2 months later...

Dimensional Records's new compilation called Planet Riders if juice means sauce aka source.

http://www.arabesquedistribution.com//index.php?option=com_artistavenue&task=singleCd&id=2637&Itemid=99999999

Yes, as you can see... 5/6 weeks ago, another Shakta track was released ;)

He still makes goatrance, but he also has many Aliases & he makes music for films & series for BBC.

I suggest you check the whole list if you like his music ;)

Visit our website for more info about Shakta & his latest track ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, another Shakta track. Love it, like ten times around the sun. The good thing is, he hasn't lost his style, like many old school artist today. It has the unic Shakta style. Reminds me of his old track lepton head III. A new goa LP would be fantastic.