Follow-up albums that never came

Ormion

Tri-Force

Sci Forest

Yamabikaya

i agree too ... but for Tri-Force Elf Music didn't release anything since 2006 :(

Concerning Sci Forest, i doubt the standard fans of suomi have dug fully his album unfortunately probably too experimental for the psy norm :huh: . It's a pity coz it's one those rare artist from Japan like Theoreme bringing some typical high extreme energy in their music which i admit goes with different styles in both cases.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green Nuns of The Revolution! I sweated seratonin out of my eyeballs when i first heard rock bitch mafia

Technossomy Never heard such great synth work and then nothing :(

The Infinity Project No ambient follow up to Mystical Experiences <_<

Secede Well I know there were two albums but the insanely good Tryshasla has been 4 years without a follow up (mini albums don't count)

For me that's definitely S-RANGE - ANOTHER THEORY :(

I'm waiting hands down five years for that one since the first news of it went out. The last album Space was even six years ago. There was an illegal release ... and an official single, but these two don't count for me.

But despite all, Anthony's still on it and making music, I try my best to catch news here and there and ask him every now and then ... he's still producing and playing live and there are plans for some releases this year. Although there have been plans for the last years aswell, so who knows ... but I'm not abandoning hope. On the contrary. This guy's still making good music and one day or another there's definitely going to be a release :)

I used to know Silicon Sound and I know he's been working on it. One year ago he told me the album was about to be released...and nothing happened.

I don't know how much he has lots of things in progress or if there's a lack of inspiration or something. I just don't know.

Ah? Interesting news.

Silion Sound was already on my list of dead artists ... good to hear he's still on it, however long it may take for another album, I'll definitely be waiting for it :)

But there's another sorrow child of mine and that's ETNOSCOPE ... they haven't released anything in ages aswell, aside for a few compilation tracks. The last news that I caught were that the computer crashed and they gotta rebuild like half of all the tracks again ... but that news is already two years old now. A pity, for they have some great tracks in petto ... check out the sample of Twilight on their page!

Rasmus now has a sideproject though, PUSHERSTREET ... with that one there's more going on. No release yet though ... hope it will come, the music is great!

This topic is about follow-up albums that simply never came or they seem never to be coming.

You know artists that made such an impact with their debut albums that it's pity a second album never came or seem to coming soon.

Here is my list:

Colorbox: Train to Chroma City is pure bliss, unfortunately a second album never came. Agree, but some albums might be better off as lone classics.

Derango: It's almost 4 years since Tumult. We need a new albums guys! Nah. Can't agree.

Four Carry Nuts: Is Tim Schuldt so busy with all this mastering? :P I want a new Mechanical Age! Agree. There was too little of this stuff.

GNOTR: No comments here. Disagree. I don't think this album was all that good.

Psygone: I've said the story many times about Hypnotic and Psygone's second album Organique. The worst thing is that the Organique tracks never got released unmixed. :(Agree.

Scatterbrain: Infernal Angel had SUCH an impact back in 2003. It's 2009 today! Agree.

Slide: No comments here. Agree.

Steptime: Great forest psy. They almost dissapeared after that. Would still LOVE to hear a new Steptime album.

UX: No comments again. Disagree. Only had a couple good (amazing) tracks.

Normally I would put Indoor and Tandu here, but both Ofer and Avi created many albums after that. Ofer seemed to do his best in collaboration. A follow-up to Pigs in Space would have floated my boat for a while.

Whataboutyou?

Multistate (2006)

Multistate (2006)

Don't worry I'm pretty sure it will come soon. Multistate are very active.

And in case you can't wait, Lost & Found's debut album is coming soon on 3D Vision. :)

Quantum State - Night Shift ??????????

heyyy, you know Quantum State!

cool B)

right, they should release another one too...

• 2 weeks later...

Concerning Silicon Sound his situation is more than strange , indeed it's one of the most acclaimed French artist although the second album never happened & don't know if it'll one day. His debut album was released on Moon Spirits if i'm not mistaken but this sympathic French label has passed out due the rip of its distributor(Cosmophilia).

I mean the guy has been licensed a lot with full of single tunes released on so many v/a from different labels that could results as an opportunist situation (as he was considered as Top Name selling), that's just my own interpretation, no clue or proof of that of course. Btw i think he has done a compilation for Neurobiotic (more globally i believe it's the label from which he's the most attached now) quite lately otherwise he's quite involved in Mastering services for psy labels.

At some time i think Silicon Sound was perhaps hoping doing something in chill as he went running several projects "Altitudes' , "Even 11" with Yannis formerly Jaïa but none of them has really emerged ...

Few chances here, as James Monro has evolved since

=> http://www.myspace.com/djjamesmonro

Don't know what happened to Matt Evans btw, he was originally drummer i think.

I've just bought a comp from Silicon Sound called Synthethic Chronicles (http://www.discogs.com/Silicon-Sound-Synthetic-Chronicles/release/1548694). I think it's a pretty good album with some remixes by Silicon Sound, some new tracks by SS and Even 11. I wouldn't mind a full album by them but the comp is nice enough for me.

Besides that I would really like to see a new album from Lish. There was this remix album some years but actually that was quite a bummer considering how great Free Fall was. Anybody knows what's up with him?

And I would actually be read to kill for a new Reefer Decree album. Are they still active? I just checked Discogs and there are some MP3s availabe from 2008. Will for sure get them but that's it for newer releases.

Tatsu is back? Hi :)

I've just bought a comp from Silicon Sound called Synthethic Chronicles (http://www.discogs.com/Silicon-Sound-Synthetic-Chronicles/release/1548694). I think it's a pretty good album with some remixes by Silicon Sound, some new tracks by SS and Even 11. I wouldn't mind a full album by them but the comp is nice enough for me.

yes, heard of this one...

but it's no substitute for an album ... I miss his old style good fullon with occasional samples from computer games and films :P

at least it shows that the guy's still alive in the scene :)

Guest antic

Well I was kinda looking forward to a real Shakta's 3rd (Feed the flame is not shakta.)

Actually "Out of sight" was his 3rd album and - surprisingly, the same as with "Feed the flame - it IS written & produced by Shakta :P

Actually "Out of sight" was his 3rd album and - surprisingly, the same as with "Feed the flame - it IS written & produced by Shakta :P

no, it's not. that can't be him. obviously shakta has been posessed by an evil spirit that finds pleasure in depriving the world of good music ;)

I know. They might be written and produced by Mr. Seb aka Shakta but I don't see the two as Shakta albums, but that's just me.