dubious methods in the psytrance scene (?)

Ake

If they are advertised as get these rare golden oldies here legally then I agree, it is all fine and dandy. I think the point here though is that the customers are being led to believe they are getting new material but end up with old stuff they already own (maybe) :(

Where did the label write it's new material? And I think the consumers have a choice. Buy it or don't ;)

And more important. When you listen to the samples it's your own fault if you can't remember if you already bought the music. :)

I have to smile at this topic. To re-release old tracks has been done for years via licenses and there's absolutely nothing illegal or bogus about it! And to re-release it on Beatport seem reasonable to me as it give people the opportunity to get tracks they otherwise would have a hard time finding (legally). And it also give artists a little money in their pockets. Money they deserve big time these days! Of course people who probably often dont buy music would argue its shameless etc.;)

I agree on this. And on Beatport it's even legal to call it a new release because the tracks haven't been released on mp3 (legally) before!

Just be careful ... and don't be stupid and buy stuff you already own. If you can't remember, it's really your own fault.

But it's really interesting to hear what this Thomas Vitali guy is doing...

This is a huge chunk of labels practically under one person. Even Synergetic ... I thought Acan owned it. Hmmm ... it explains a lot...

Any more info or anything? Besides Psynina. I'm interested in this.

• 3 years later...

I hate to revive long forgotten bad vibes, but I am wondering if there is anything new in this topic... I have a bit to add:

I am being released on Joof Recordings tomorrow (yay!) under the name "Amygdala" - as I have used since 2001. A while back, I noticed that there was another "Amygdala" out there. The only info (besides affiliation with psytropic, plusquam, ...) I have been able to find is "German female psytrance producer". As a weird coincidence (I think...), I have a track released on Crotus a million years ago, the rights of which must currently reside with Thomas, as plusquam bought Crotus. Ugh.

So, maybe weird coincedences, maybe someone was deliberately abusing my bandname...?

• 6 years later...
On 3/23/2010 at 4:43 AM, Elysium said:

I have to smile at this topic. To re-release old tracks has been done for years via licenses and there's absolutely nothing illegal or bogus about it! And to re-release it on Beatport seem reasonable to me as it give people the opportunity to get tracks they otherwise would have a hard time finding (legally). And it also give artists a little money in their pockets. Money they deserve big time these days! Of course people who probably often dont buy music would argue its shameless etc.;)

@Elysium I hope that 10 years after smiling at this topic, you have already realized that this ended up becoming a large-scale problem, which cooked up for a long time, where multiple authors' rights have been violated and where massive amounts of names and works was damaged. :excl:

https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/76224-if-you-are-a-music-producer-caution-widespread-fraud-is-taking-money-credit-away-from-artists

There are professional ways of doing things without defrauding artists, and without damaging their image, their work or brand.  

#vitalifraud #vitaliscam #thomasvitalifraudster #thomasvitaliscammer #vitalirepeatinfringer