New "SANDMAN" album?

Guest Goavomit

Fuk ...... !!!! ... I sure hope SANDMAN KICKS ASS!!!!!!!! ... Psycho toons BLEW ME AWAY ... hope the one will ... if it comes?????.......

• 1 year later...
Guest Ryan M

Sandmans album SHOULD be coming out in may. One of you said about a year ago there were links too samples???????? I have samples to sent to me from someone whos supposed to be onyx's cause but everyones sayin they know him or his boys so idk he might be lying but any ways psycho toons is not the same sandman bud. He only has two albums. King of Hallucination and no secrets no lies. If you dont have them you can probably pick up no secrets no lies at amazon.com but for the king of hallucination youll have to get it from me or come over to where i live in minneapolis n find a bootlegger thats selling it. But if anyone here knows anything else then what ive said email me and also i broke stone pillas album down fo whateva so if anyone has that ill pay a grip of money just for you to let me copy it and ill send back the original. Ryanmn86@msn.com

• 4 months later...

witchcraft are izik levi (sandman) and Rami Shapira (chakra)

they released few tracks in 1994 and sience then we didnt hear from them...

there where allot of talkin about a regroup but that was 2 year ago or somthing and nothing happen.....

i didnt hear about a new sandman album, But i sure hope he will release one :P

witchcraft are izik levi (sandman) and Rami Shapira (chakra)

they released few tracks in 1994 and sience then we didnt hear from them...

Hmmm Shaman...

The only 'Witchcraft' associated with 'Sandman' that I am aware is the CD (which I have in front of me) named 'Witchcraft' produced by 'Sandman' in 1998 on the now defunct and previously great Matsuri label.

Though now inevitably dated, it is a great album.

I tend to find discogs.com is sometimes incorrect/incomplete.

In this case they claim that Sandman is a so-called Patrick Prins, not Izik Levi. Furthermore, they do not credit Sandman with his two most important CDs (Witchcraft and Psychotoons). On the other hand, they do correctly state that Mushroom Symphony (the last track on the Witchcraft CD, an ambient track) appears on Matsuri's Excerpts from ther Chillspace.

So an inaccurate entry on Sandman in discogs.com.

Looking into the matter, however, it does seem that Izik Levy had indeed produced a partnership with Chakra also called (confusingly) Witchcraft before he launched the Witchcraft album as Sandman, a sole project. Hence the Witchcraft discogs.com entry that Cubensis kindly provided. I had not been aware of this.

I would venture to say that Izik is more famous for his Sandman Witchcraft CD than his Witchcraft partnership.

Pedro

Thanks, Zak. That looks more like the Sandman we know.

The other discogs.com entry is quite confusing with several Izik Levy compositions in compilations for Matsuri, TIP World, Dragonfly and MDMA seemingly being allocated to this other Sandman (Patrick Prins).

I suppose these types of mistakes are inevitable.

Pedro

discogs is not wrong, you just don't know how to use discogs and probably don't understand how the info gets there =)

196870[/snapback]

That was a very childish post, Cubensis.

I actually do not have the foggiest idea of how info gets on discogs.com...and I do not really care.

The discogs.com entry ascribing certain Levy (the Psy Trance Sandman) tracks to this 'other' Sandman is clearly wrong. However, it is not such a big deal and I fail to see your interest in insisting that particular entry is correct.

Pedro

First of all I was half joking, hence the smiley face. Second, my point is plain and simple: you don't understand how discogs works.

1) All discogs info is entered by users like you and me. If you think something is wrong, go and fix it. Something more constructive than the usual critical consumer attitude.

2) People do not enter releases via the artist's page, so the info is not completely wrong. If you visit the page for a particular release with a Sandman track, it will be listed as being by Sandman, which is correct. The problem is there are multiple Sandmans, so the correct Sandman to choose would have been Sandman (2). This leads to the artist page listing tracks by various Sandmans, but this is an artifact of the data entry process, and how the site uses the database to construct artist pages. Now here's where the previous point comes in!

What is Discogs?

Cubensis,

I do not claim to understand (or indeed care to understand) how discogs.com works.

Whether the information is wrong because of input mistake or because of the way the site works is irrelevant to whether or not the entry is correct and not confusing. I made a comment regarding the latter and you disagreed with it.

It is about whether the entry is wrong or not, and not why this is so (or indeed assigning blame).

Furthermore, it would have been far more 'constructive' (to borrow a term from you) of you to have informed me right away that the information can be corrected instead of using an obtuse arguement to justify why you were right to say that the information was not wrong.

Feel free to answer this message, but please do not take offence if I do not respond. This arguement is becoming a bit of a bore.

Pedro

And did everyone forget about Green House Effect? Released by "Sandman" hehe ok Izik in 2001. Maybe that is the album that everyone was looking for 2-3 years ago? Great album by the way, not in the typical Sandman style, more "Progressive" (god I hate the deffinition progressive, but that seems to be the only word people know for "techy-psy-grooves" haha)... listening to it now... still in my all time favorites :)

Oh the Album is called Global Warming, and was released on Hom-Mega.

On psyshop they still sell it (sorry for spam)

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/hom/hom1cd015.html

Sandman first released on Symbiosis I think... and that one is the only "Sandman" that I know about.... his tracks blew me away like hell back then... still do, hes one of the most talented psy musicians imho... too bad that we havent heard something new from him in a while... maybe hes releasing under a new name again?!

Anyways, look at this page.... I love it for their details... discogs for psytrance?

http://www.cs.umu.se/~tdv94ati/index.html?..._show_0314.html