Remastered and Rereleased Oldschool Music

Laserflip

Sorry man that's just nonsense! By buying re-released CDs u actually do show the artist respect, since u actually give "direct" support to the artist(s) who made the music, instead of sponsoring another collector! I mean wtf does the artist gain from that?

As someone who has had some of their music re-released on these labels I can state that at no time since their re-release have I been given any royalties for their sales :)

As someone who has had some of their music re-released on these labels I can state that at no time since their re-release have I been given any royalties for their sales :)

I'm not a musician myself, but I hate to hear when that happens. If someone put their soul in doing music they should definitly get paid for it from the lable.

So.. why? Contract politics maybe?

too many joints in the chain :rolleyes:

How would you know? Are you an artist? Are you any type of respectable person or just some average fool?

:lol: u give me good laughs :lol:

Well that sucks :(

Do you know if this is the general policy from the re-releasing labels (give us some names to avoid)?! Is it compilation tracks?!

I have only bought (a few) re-released albums (no comps.) and would be very sad to know if the money only ended up in the pockets of the label owners and not the artist's.

100% Agree.

Furthermore the Mastering does not always improve the re-release. I know from my own re-release. The Mastering was way too loud making some tracks distort.

I'm not a musician myself, but I hate to hear when that happens. If someone put their soul in doing music they should definitly get paid for it from the lable.

Someone who put their soul into something definitely deserves some pennies back for it?

:lol:

Beh, too much shallow talk and emoticons, with zero to none arguments <_<

I made my point. I give up.

Plus I made somebody's day this morning by unloading half a dozen CDs, so money has exchanged hands and music paved way to a new home :)