MIDI Psy basslines

i get what they are used for, just surprised people actually use it. basslines are pretty much as easy as it gets in psytrance (midi wise). So why do you also need those midi files? You might then just as well ask for a whole DAW track structure with all files, presets, samples and automation info.

i get what they are used for, just surprised people actually use it.

To catch up with you on that, no not at all really. :)

Well, I guess I would say the finesse is in how you adapt and flow the bassline in your track. I for example can make basslines, so midi would infact take longer for me to do. But these things are wonderful for transfering and translating work, the first step in a propper remix or collaboration really. Just I guess not any real use to anyone who can make music.

Just promise you guys will make cool basslines out of them and not use the same one for 9 minutes and think you can get away with being minimal. kbbb kbbb kbbb kbbb. No more :) Theres like a 18 page topic at isratrance titled "kill full-on forever" so lets get on that.

If however, you're screwing around and just want to learn this stuff, by all means grab as much midi data as you can, this won't be bad advice :)

• 1 month later...