Old Goa Kick: How can I build it?

check isratrance forum.

There are a few topics with kicks uploaded. Might be something for you in there. Otherwise there is more people checking the production forum. So more chance of getting a good answer.

Secret to any kick is pitchbending to highlight the right frequency or envelope, and then EQing... subtractive vs additive (take away freqs you don't want highlighted THEN raise overall volume)

Besides that, find the right sample. Some of the oldest goa kicks, the super pew pew pew ones were 808 samples heavily tweaked. You can do that yourself or just find samples by which enough now exist, and then tweak it to your liking to give it personality and make it sit better in your track. You want the dominant frequency (loudest) in the kick to reflect the dominant frequency in your bassline.

• 2 months later...

check isratrance forum.

There are a few topics with kicks uploaded. Might be something for you in there. Otherwise there is more people checking the production forum. So more chance of getting a good answer.

Yes.. there was a post here in psynews about kick sample and somebody had posted a link to a massive kick sample pack in isratrance(Collected by the people three) (also lots of good snares if I remember correctly)

Does any one know this link or the post in here?. I am not getting it even after a long search :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's a very long kick probably spanning 2-3 16ths with a huge bass part to it; they're easy to make sound spongy with too much compression so careful.

There's a few here you can use: http://www.yfinder.de/driven/index.php/2007/07/14/10_kick_samples_for_download

They sound a bit too crispy for that deep goa kick imo, but thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I want to create a old Goa Kick like Man With No Name or Astral Projection used it.

But how can I make it?

Here is a exsample, what I mean: http://www.megachwiep.com/Beispiele/GoaSample.mp3

Here ya go...

Creating a 909 style kick

Not only for 909 style kicks.

At around 7mins 45secs into the video you'll hear MWNN, Astral, Cosmosis circa 1999 style kicks.

You'll need to wear headphones or be plugged into good speakers to hear the complete frequency range including the sub.

Cheers,

Billy Cosmosis

Want good studio tips and tricks? try Tweaking The Tunage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...
4 hours ago, astralprojection said:

best necro in a long time

So necro that the kick is old school now lol. It’s the best kick drum recipe, let it ripe some years before use. It adds dat organic feel.

Well yeah you got a point. Who knows if the OP is even alive. I sometimes wonder where everybody went. :) 

Did everyone get old and tired of psy/goa music? Or they might be busy spamming facebook, reddit and instagram. :D 

This thread was really interesting to read through despite beeing somewhat short. Amazing that the link Cosmosis posted is still alive, all other links are unfortunately down. Too bad one needs to login to Vimeo to watch the clips. I’m not a member there.

Ah nevermind found it on youtube albeit chopped up in separate clips in a dedicated playlist on his channel:

I’m quite surprised there isn’t more knowledge sharing from the old school guys. :) I would gladly pay for a Hallucinogen, Astral Projection, Etnica and Dimension-5 masterclass for example.

Anyone still have the kick libraries that were shared on Isratrance, I think it was tsabeat or sattlebattle or someone who made them? A bit unsure of artist names, was a long time ago. :)  More on the psyish side of things anyhow.

On 8/30/2021 at 11:00 PM, AstralSphinx said:

Anyone still have the kick libraries that were shared on Isratrance, I think it was tsabeat or sattlebattle or someone who made them? A bit unsure of artist names, was a long time ago. :)  More on the psyish side of things anyhow.

Haven't been able to find them back unfortunately :(

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 8:51 PM, Empsyre ॐ said:

Haven't been able to find them back unfortunately :(

I found some old Infected Mushroom kicks from their old website. They used to have a tutorial there for how to make the Infected Kick in Soundforge. And there also used to be a Reason file that someone made on their site a remake of Dancing With Kadafi. And that song project also included a kick, and the typical Infected snares of the era (1999/2002ish). So I downloaded it with the waybackmachine. Works good for Goa as well with some tweaking if you want it, I can upload it. It's a bit like the Shiva Shidapu kick drums, rather big and knocky.

On 8/30/2021 at 11:00 PM, AstralSphinx said:

you mean these?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/arlizjp8bysq7tl/tsakick.zip?dl=0

• Like 2