I just listened to....

Aeros

Total Eclipse!

Posted Image

What the hell why is no one talking about this, this is seriously the best goa trance ever, and made before there was any other goa trance... Delta Aquarids 1995 Violent Relaxation 1996

What do you mean 'why is no one talking about this' ? I though Delta Aquarids was considered a classic, however for some reason their style is not really my cup of tea.

Though Free Lemonade & Le Lotus Bleu are really cool tracks.

Total Eclipse always been one of the best goa group in my book and they were/are really famous amongst the goa heads, at least until Serge Souque left.

I love how their music sound totally unique; you know its a Total Eclipse track just by listening to the very first seconds.

My top 2 tracks from them would be "The Furnace" and "Waiting For A New Life".

If you didn't listen to it yet, have a look on the music Souque collaborated on under "The Deviant" - especially the "Orichalcum & The Deviant" album.

It's darker than Total Eclipse music, but still unique and amazing.

When you say "nobody talk about them", you're partly right, indeed they've been talked a lot about ... but at the time which means mainly 1994-1997 then with time it decreases.

Btw for their still fans, i know Stephen (& not serge my mistake :wank: ) (coz today Total Eclipse is just him, i'm not even sure of the participation of Loic nowadays in the project ...) has cooked a new album scheduled for autumn if i'm not mistaken on Mandala records, check their mypase for extracts , it's melodic full on, but not very fresh sounding unfortunately for my view...

=>http://www.myspace.com/totaleclipsefr

Total Eclipse always been one of the best goa group in my book and they were/are really famous amongst the goa heads, at least until Serge Souque left.

I love how their music sound totally unique; you know its a Total Eclipse track just by listening to the very first seconds.

My top 2 tracks from them would be "The Furnace" and "Waiting For A New Life".

If you didn't listen to it yet, have a look on the music Souque collaborated on under "The Deviant" - especially the "Orichalcum & The Deviant" album.

It's darker than Total Eclipse music, but still unique and amazing.

Very true, Mururoa My Love still remains at a high place among my favourite goa tune :D

When you say "nobody talk about them", you're partly right, indeed they've been talked a lot about ... but at the time which means mainly 1994-1997 then with time it decreases.

Btw for their still fans, i know Serge (coz today Total Eclipse is just him, i'm not even sure of the participation of Loic nowadays in the project ...) has cooked a new album scheduled for autumn if i'm not mistaken on Mandala records, check their mypase for extracts , it's melodic full on, but not very fresh sounding unfortunately for my view...

Weird, i thought it was just Stephane Holweck now? It seems thats what their myspace is saying, as well as their bio on discogs.

Anyway i didn't know about this new album, and i'm not sure i'm happy to know about it now :(

Sounds like another mythic name is going to take some dust.. not so surprising, but always disapointing.

I'm going to see them/him at Ozora this year.. if they're playing that average full on instead of their classic goa tracks, i'm going to suicide.

I don't think you quite understand. Essays have been written ALL over internet forums throughout the last fifteen years about Total Eclipse and their musical output.

As much I as I enjoyed their music back in the day (and admittedly I still occasionally do), wrote flattering reviews and feedbacks, my honest opinion is that their music has not aged with grace. And I stick to what I say. You can ask around!

Weird, i thought it was just Stephane Holweck now? It seems thats what their myspace is saying, as well as their bio on discogs.

Anyway i didn't know about this new album, and i'm not sure i'm happy to know about it now :(

Sounds like another mythic name is going to take some dust.. not so surprising, but always disapointing.

I'm going to see them/him at Ozora this year.. if they're playing that average full on instead of their classic goa tracks, i'm going to suicide.

yes it's stephen of course, was thinking him and wrote serge :lol:

Most of reactions on french forums about the samples of the new album tell that indeed it's sounding typical Stephen trademark, like some of his old goa tunes repacked in a not very fresh full on, & this is also my view :) .

Funny to see this topic the week the new Antidote album is released.

Total Eclipse is awesome music imo and they made dance one entire generation of goafreaks. I lived in their hometown at the end of my teens and I had the chance to attend overwhelming live performances from them. Dancefloors always became super hot with them. In 1996, Total Eclipse, Transwave and Jaïa were recognized as having "the french touch", they had the sounds, the rhythms, the flow, the little spark that made them so popular. They used to be in the top of the tops, with a solid and deserved reputation that's for sure. The last ultra good live act I saw from them was on 31/12/1999. Since, well, they've been much less active.

Recently I relistened to thir first two albums: it sounds like old goatrance now. The production and the masterinig are 15 to 13 years old. But it's still a massive psychedelic content with full storytelling that only a couple of artists are able of nowadays.

I'm joining the praising! They sure did push the envelope both regarding the goa sound and psychedelic downbeat! Lot of ideas and creativity in the early releases!

I'm very happy that I own both Delta Aquarids and Violent Relaxation, both great in their own right!

Yes Total Eclipse are awesome! Even their oldest tracks like Aliens are great. Almost all of their tracks has an epic feeling of slight melancholy, probably made to fit the experience of a total eclipse of the sun. Not the most popular on this forum, their Access Denied album I like as well, however they should have put that album out under another name as the music is totally different.

I heard Hux Flux for the first time today, and I must say that I'm quite impressed, not only by the beautiful Koyote 12" cover. It's insane although addicting stuff and I may be the first to say it, but their sound are alike that of Lotus Omega.

Yes Total Eclipse are awesome! Even their oldest tracks like Aliens are great. Almost all of their tracks has an epic feeling of slight melancholy, probably made to fit the experience of a total eclipse of the sun. Not the most popular on this forum, their Access Denied album I like as well, however they should have put that album out under another name as the music is totally different.

I heard Hux Flux for the first time today, and I must say that I'm quite impressed not only by the beautiful Koyote 12" cover. It's insane although addicting stuff and I may be the first to say it, but their sound are alike that of Lotus Omega.

.. I'm one of those persons who still haven't heard the albums in question .. :ph34r: Though I've known about them for nearly 10 years and I know very well the music is supposed to be really good and classic. One day I will listen, I hope.