Eraserhead

needle ninja

I saw Eraserhead for the first time ever last night.

If you haven't already, go out and rent this movie right now so you can contribute to this tribute thread.

To say that this movie was odd, or weird would be an understatement.

But then you already knew that.

Symbolism: the baby; the thing he finds in the mailbox, the singing girl....discuss

What was your favorite scene? I loved the line from the girlfriend's father, was something like "people in this neighborhood think pipes grow by themselves..."

or how about "I've lived here since before this neighborhood became the hellhole it is today"

I was :lol: like crazy in this movie. I really couldn't rate it. It was just too different and...special to compare this movie to ordinary movies.

I feel shame to say that I owned the movie for two years, only managed to see the first 5 minutes, never got around to see the whole thing ..

So all I remember is the black and white room with the dude in it with a total silence, only ingtereupted by a fan going whoof whoof whoof ..

This is the second most disturbingly strange movie I've seen. Only second to Subconscious Cruelty.

Though of course Eraserhead is superior to Subconscious Cruelty as a movie.

This is the second most disturbingly strange movie I've seen. Only second to Subconscious Cruelty.

Though of course Eraserhead is superior to Subconscious Cruelty as a movie.

The story is really everyman's worst nightmare, to have a horrible mutated child by a woman that you don't love and be stuck with it.

Now I know why this is such a cult classic and a deserving one too.

I didn't expect such a minimalist movie. It was bare bones, but that added to the dread feeling.

A Classic!

The story is really everyman's worst nightmare, to have a horrible mutated child by a woman that you don't love and be stuck with it.

That is not only the nightmare, that is reality, 50 % of mankind suffers the same problem. :ph34r:

Only Lynch has presented it as the ultimate nightmare, pushing boundaries of good taste through absurd minimalism. Delicious discomfort.

That is not only the nightmare, that is reality, 50 % of mankind suffers the same problem. :ph34r:

Only Lynch has presented it as the ultimate nightmare, pushing boundaries of good taste through absurd minimalism. Delicious discomfort.

Haha so true! :lol: