Various Artists - Hope

Fluid

We are pleased to announce that ‘Hope’ is now available in Digipak format from the Fluid Audio web site.

www.fluidaudio.co.uk

Digital release will follow on 29th June available in all formats from the Fluid Audio digital store.

We thank you for your patience and support and hope that you will enjoy the album.

A big thanks goes out to all the artists involved in the project, and to those that helped make the release possible x

Hope:

Fluid Audio kick starts it’s catalogue with ‘Hope’, a compilation sprawling across 13 tracks from established artists, Digitonal, Hol Baumann, Ishq, Bersarin Quartet and James Murray, as well as up and coming producers, Field Rotation, Iambic, Snakestyle, Playb, Halogen and Ben Beiny.

As suggested by its title, ‘Hope’, embodies a concept of positivity and the alleviation of strife “through the creative translation of emotion into sounds sent to soothe [and] images formed to inspire”. Artists were asked to create compositions that reflected their interpretation of the term Hope, producing varied yet cohesive results with a profound resonance. 50% of the profits are donated to Toybox, a charity providing aid, shelter and support for homeless children in Latin America, the majority of which are estimated a life expectancy of around four years on the street.

Coupling all of this with the CD’s bespoke artwork and carbon neutral manufacture provides a consumable and tangible product that serves to aid a constructive cause through the medium of music.

The Vision Behind The Project:

Although we are living in a world of injustice – where the rich get richer, while those in need get left behind – there is often an inherent hope in those who suffer the most. Where people have the least they value more, the simple things that others take for granted. While some are disconnected from the true meaning of life, there are others who appreciate the beauty and awe of the world and what is has to offer. In these souls is a spark of light that no corrupt power can extinguish. Despite the negativity that we are all faced with in life, the human spirit can always overcome. Whether this is in the innocent laughter of a child, the compassion shown from one suffering human being to another, or through the creative translation of emotion into sound, the joy of life is communicated all around us – we need only be willing to open our hearts to it.

Track List:

1.Forever – Ishq

2.Hopeful – Snakestyle

3.Regenzeit – Field Rotation

4.Fingersand – James Murray

5.Turn The Seasons – Iambic

6.Was uns Bleibt – Bersarin Quartett

7.Acoustics Of The Piano – Playb

8.Sunriser – Halogen

9.Start Again – Ben Beiny

10.Flags – Iambic

11.We Three – Digitonal

12.Time To Change – Hol Baumann

13.A Part Of You – Ben Beiny (Digipak bonus track)

The Etchical Vision Behind The Album:

The CD is ISO14001 certified, all paper & card used is FSC certified, all produced by a Carbon Zero CD manufacturing company, via the award-winning CO2 Balance. The scientific data to calculate the embedded carbon emissions of the CD/Packaging, and offset an equivalent amount of CO2 by investing in 100% additional carbon-offsetting schemes with immediate & many secondary benefits to communities that simply would not happen unless we paid for them. The premises used to create the CD/Packaging is also 100% carbon neutral and powered with green electricity, and business travel emissions are also offset.

Eco-conscious disc manufacturing:

ISO 14000 & 14001 compliant CD manufacturing

100% Re-use of scrap polycarbonate salvaged from CD & DVD replication

Eco-conscious printing:

Sourcing of paper stock from FSC Compliant (Forestry Stewardship Council) mills and printers.

Wood fibre procured within the Sustainable Forest Initiative guidelines: every acre harvested is reforested – 400 Million tree seedlings planted each year.

Paper products are typically recyclable, compost-able, and under the right conditions biodegradable.

No wood from old-growth or endangered forests.

Vegetable based inks.

100% alcohol-free printing.

No Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) emissions from inks or coatings, and use of quick dry glues with

Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS) being eliminated.

Collection and recycling of paperboard, inks, coatings and other waste from printing processes.

60,000 tons of paper and board shipped from one supplier alone to recycler in one year.

Treat This CD With Care!

What The Artists Say:

Iambic:

My two tracks, Flags and Turn the Seasons, were intended to give the listener a blank canvass to paint their emotions of Hope on. It occurred to me before writing the tunes that each individual lives in hope for some thing or other, hope is what prevents many peoples lives from becoming mundane, or keeps them hanging on when times are tough. So my two tunes – both being quite different – represent each aspect of Hope.

Playb:

When I was asked to contribute to this compilation it quickly came to my mind to remix ‘Acoustics Of The Piano’ because of the special circumstances with which it was created. I was experiencing hard times, the kind when you feel that there is no way out though you cling to some kind of hope regardless of how difficult things get. Children who are born in disadvantaged situations stir up so much admiration within me. I see sadness in their eyes but at the same time a passion to live. I am proud to be associated with this project, and proves that music is a tool to make people aware of social injustice.

Field Rotation:

Regenzeit (German for rainy season) describes the meaning of rain from different points of view. In the temperate zone of the earth rain is part of the daily weather, nothing special. For millions of people in tropical and subtropical regions rain gives hope – the hope for a better life after the aridity, an efficient harvest and the end of starvation, the hope for enough rain to refill the fountains and riverbeds to survive the following dry season. Regenzeit is about all the people who pray and hope for rain.

Ishq:

Hope for me rests in a belief and remembrance that we are all eternal beings and live forever. When we die we do not – we awake into a new world and all we take with us is the love and essence of ourselves whether positive or negative. The false prophecy we call death is simply that – one of the root causes of mankind’s drive toward destructive selfish materialism and consumption. To ‘take’, ‘have’, ‘be’, ‘want’ NOW…..at the expense of others with no consideration for the whole or the future or the planet is the result of a hopeless belief in death which motivates many to build castles made of sand and seek unnecessary levels of wealth and power so in turn they may feel ‘protected’ from death. Fear fundamentally of death make humans greedy. Greed – the opposite from sharing is a result of a hopeless belief in death deep within us and breed into us and taught to us. We are told and taught a lie from birth….Fear creates greed which results in many living lives of hopelessness as others live like kings.

My hope is people will remember more ‘before’ this life and remember the eternal self which lives forever

as this will help free us from the slavery of materialism and the selfishness which misleads us. We can build a world of equality where we all share and we all profit and all rise as one.

Its very simple – Share and we create HOPE and love. HOPE and faith in eternity leads to us to want for nothing more than to help others and so we may all evolve.

I hope we eventually realise this on earth and share and remember who we really are when the body is left behind.

Snakestyle:

With the music I make, I try to create something that gently catches your attention, hypnotises you, helps you think, and takes you to a place where you feel reassured. It’s great that there are people out there who genuinely believe in music and its ability to give people hope and make a difference. It inspires me to keep going, to keep doing what I do, and I hope that people find a sense of hope while listening to this project. Best wishes. Snakestyle

Some Facts:

An estimated 40 million children live on the streets of Latin America’s densely populated cities (unicef).

Observers from our partner in Guatemala say that street children there have a life expectancy of around four years on the street.

Unicef reported in 2004 that in Guatemala in the first 10 months of 2002, gangs or security forces killed 408 children and youths, but most street children were killed by drive by shootings.

THINK ABOUT IT!

Lame CD for a lame cause, no thanks.

If anything my estimation for these artists goes down from this, but maybe you'll win some support among the ignorant. :unsure:

Hmm i would be curious (no sarcasm intended) to know why you are saying that.

While the whole "life is unfair, ppl forgot the true meaning of life" etc sounds a bit (a lot?) cliche and naive, i find concept albums (in this case based on the word Hope) interesting.

Also the fact it's eco friendly and that a bit of money will go toward a cause sounds noble enough to me to, at least, be respected.

But maybe there is a catch there and that you could give more informations to ignorant ppl like me :P

Lame CD for a lame cause, no thanks.

If anything my estimation for these artists goes down from this, but maybe you'll win some support among the ignorant. :unsure:

You're being more annoying day after day bwhale. I respect everyone's opinion, but it would do no harm to be more polite and elaborate on your point instead of just denigrating. If you had worked already in your life to achieve something, such as a CD release, instead of spending days hidden behind your keyboard shitting on everyone, you would already show more respect, hindsight, and be more humble.

That said, I know how much a label gets out of a cd, so I doubt the 4000 euros or so, that the release sale will produce will help much the cause. Better than nothing.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing the music.

Ah and by the way there is a specific forum for labels annoucements. Thank you.

You're being more annoying day after day bwhale. I respect everyone's opinion, but it would do no harm to be more polite and elaborate on your point instead of just denigrating. If you had worked already in your life to achieve something, such as a CD release, instead of spending days hidden behind your keyboard shitting on everyone, you would already show more respect, hindsight, and be more humble.

That said, I know how much a label gets out of a cd, so I doubt the 4000 euros or so, that the release sale will produce will help much the cause. Better than nothing.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing the music.

Ah and by the way there is a specific forum for labels annoucements. Thank you.

+ 1

Please do elaborate why you have a problem with this release :huh:

Not only is the cause hopeless, but it's ironic to raise money for it via such means, since lots of these poor people will never have access to such music which we make "in pity for them". Obviously nobody intelligent thinks this CD will help anything, they are just using it as a marketing strategy to appeal to some ignorant and moral audiences. Thus I call it lame. It's basically an insult to the rest of our intelligence. :unsure:

Btw the line "THINK ABOUT IT" in large font at the end probably provoked my comment.... it's so overused and lame, especially since their position is irrational. :rolleyes:

If all people think like you then how are things to change... NOTHING will get done. If everyone did like this label it would make an impact. A lot of small donations make a difference in the big scheme of things. You gotta start somewhere and the attitude you put forth is a very good example of why so little progress happens in these areas.... the "Why should i support it when its is insignificant" statement. Its only insignificant because so many people think exactly like you...

Change usually start at grass root level and because of this i think its wrong to shoot at an initiative that actually tries to do something for others. Its not like its big buisness selling cds in this genre to begin with. Then theres the price to print the cds, covers, management etc. I doubt the 50% to the label will cover much more than this if it will even cover.

I am sorry to hear you feel that way about the release bwhale....

This is our first release on what is a new and small label and is not a marketing tool in anyway!

Due to the ethical production this digipak cd cost a lot of money and we will be lucky as a label to break even from the project once we pay the charity and artists.

You are right when you say it will barely make any difference. But even if we only manage to offer the charity £1500, it's a start, and I'm sure if you visit the Toybox web site you will see that any amount can be a good start for change.

Thanks for your feedback,

Dan :)

Not only is the cause hopeless, but it's ironic to raise money for it via such means, since lots of these poor people will never have access to such music which we make "in pity for them". Obviously nobody intelligent thinks this CD will help anything, they are just using it as a marketing strategy to appeal to some ignorant and moral audiences. Thus I call it lame. It's basically an insult to the rest of our intelligence. :unsure:

Btw the line "THINK ABOUT IT" in large font at the end probably provoked my comment.... it's so overused and lame, especially since their position is irrational. :rolleyes:

I understand what you mean, the emphasis on the cause tickled my cynical ears as well.

Though i very much doubt the guy is going all through the process of gathering known artists to make an album, just so he could get a few extra money by using a cause as a marketing strategy.

While it might work wonders in the big industry, it's unlikely that he will personally benefit in any way of this potential generosity appeal in our tiny scene. The contrary might be true however.

Also i don't think this is going to solely make ppl buy this album.

They will buy it if they like the music, and will be happy to see that some of the money might help someone, even if only slightly.

It might not be a lot, almost meaningless even. But if that can brings a tiny amount of happiness for a few hours or days to a few kids, well that's better than nothing at all.

And for those that aren't interested in the music, i don't think they will buy it.

I mean if you want to give some money to a cause, it's better to give 10€ directly instead of buying a 10€ CD that you don't care about, and only see half the money going to the cause you're supporting.

So i don't really see a problem even if that was a marketing strategy, it still is the same thing to me.

If i like the album i'll buy it, if i don't i won't.

And ultimately, there is also the possibility that he is really kind hearted (they do exist ;) ) and that he's just trying to make an album with the artists he loves,

and thought it would be nice if some of the money could help a kid or 2 for some time.

• 2 months later...

I just got this compilation today and it is really really really good! Easily the best compilation I have heard this year! I loved every single track. I thought starting with Ishq it couldn't top the opening track buty I was wrong! This is Amazing music (like it was made just for me :))

Whatever you think about the charity, chillout fans must get this!

Also, about charity...I know it's cliche but...every little helps. The worst thing we can do is stop being good by thinking "What can I do by myself? I can't make a difference"

I just got this compilation today and it is really really really good! Easily the best compilation I have heard this year! I loved every single track. I thought starting with Ishq it couldn't top the opening track buty I was wrong! This is Amazing music (like it was made just for me :))

I have had this compilation for two weeks and I love it as much as you do. No generic ethnic samples, just good vibes and great music.