Infected Mushroom

Melancholyman

So guys, heard the new remixes for the 'Smashing the Opponent' Single?

Go to http://www.beatport.com and search 'Infected Mushroom' and take a listen. It's lol but I find some of them to sound interesting, at least!

Infected Mushroom Feat. Jonathan Davis - Smashing the Opponent

1. Timo Maas (Mutant Dub Mix) :: Sounds soft and nice, don't get to hear the main theme of the original track but what I hear sounds deep enough.

2. XI (FullOn Remix) :: Sounds cool enough in the dunkadunk FullOfPower remix sense that I think we've gotten used to by now.

3. Adam White (Pefecto Remix) :: Sounds like the theme from Orange Theme or something like that, guess it's a good dream-trance remix.

4. Robert Vadney (Vicious Remix) :: Some rock'n'metal remix, not sure what to say .. Rock on bleep'n'peep twats? Sounds terrible.

5. J.Views (Remix) :: Well we all know and respect the man from Violet Vision. As with the 'Cities of the Future' and 'Deeply Disturbed', he (they gave) gives us the most interesting twist on a IM track. Donno how much I like it, but still ..

::Mind you the Official Music video is being launched soon, and Paul Oakenfold is a part of it ..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the new im? album?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJkta8tuu48

ouach

Might not be a very popular opinion here but I actually like the track. It has a slight hint of Depeche Mode but also a hint of the typical IM sound. It's far from being psytrance in the regular kind of way but bit I'm sure I will buy the new album if it's sound anything like this. I listen to a lot of styles and some fresh stuff is always welcome.

Btw. I also remember the comments about the Classical Mushroom album, history repeats itself indeed. :P

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if these guys have already appeared on MTV or something like that?

if they don't i'm sure we will be watching them as the new world pop stars very soon.

Why is all of this happening? I mean it's a kind of attempt from Oakenfold to return to the goa/psy scene? Come on Oaky, I know you can do better, I still listen to the goa mix and it's one of my all time favourites.

Or maybe it's an attempt of johnatan Davis to re-invent the metal again? He surely didn't but made it popular mixing rap and metal with his peculiar scat singging style.

or maybe they are just having fun while earning millions ( :rolleyes: , I hope they are earning that much because stop making good music to make this noise, it's the least thing you can expect).

Finally, maybe one day when they have earned enough money, perhaps they wake and start making good music again, I know it is unlikely to happend for I still waiting for tiesto to return to make such beatiful melodies like he did on the past (yeah I like Tiesto, Gouryella,etc and that normal trance from the past).

Oh shit have you guys seen the new video with Jonathan Davis on hand cam?

guest appperance by oakenfold

Bah!

Fuck that!

I can't believe this shit, I strongly dislike it, and that's an understatement. :wacko:

Jonathan Davis and IM, that's just weird, can we still call this psytrance?It's more like poptrance or god knows what it is, bwuk.

Well I dunno I'm excited, cause it's kinda a merging between psy and mainstream. There is no other music on mainstream media today that has this electronic touch, listen to smashing the opponent, the background is still typical infected sound. Somebody had to bring psy to the mainstream market. I mean, many will look up their earlier works if they like this, and say maybe 30% of them are converted to enjoy real psychedelic trance. That's great, our scene needs to grow!

I doubt that. If someone likes the new material from IM, well, i really doubt that they would dig out the OLD psy. I mean, you have to be pretty retarded to like it, or you have to have no background musically, cause practically, the new stuff from IM is even worst then what new britney spears album has to offer.

Maybe a couples of dude will dig, maybe.

But i don't see it like you seem to see it: If psytrance would actually go mainstream, i think that mainstrimisation :) would most definitely destroy the scene.

Infected mushroom, the way I see it, is only a BIG lost to the scene.

I wish that the non singer of the group start releasing some stuff solo, it would be most probably awesome.

Being closed-minded must be awesome...

Infected has been corny since the beginning and gotten cornier. The simple fact is they are of the very few who are trying to take their music beyond the confines from which they came...confines which a lot of people are stuck in and which give us uncreative, rehashed music (which may be good in its own way of course).

please

But i don't see it like you seem to see it: If psytrance would actually go mainstream, i think that mainstrimisation :) would most definitely destroy the scene.

it is already happening. at a recent festival they were playing mostly minimal techno (not minimal sounding progressive, real minimal techno) at the "progressive" floor and as they played a 1 hour goa trance set there all people suddenly fled leaving me dancing there alone. i overheard people say "whoa, that music is strange, let's go somewhere else". if minimal techno has more acceptance than goa trance at a psy festival then there's clearly something wrong with the scene.

another indication is the constant stream of cheesy pop-vocal-fullon releases from isreal and the fact that they are indeed played at local parties...

it is already happening. at a recent festival they were playing mostly minimal techno (not minimal sounding progressive, real minimal techno) at the "progressive" floor and as they played a 1 hour goa trance set there all people suddenly fled leaving me dancing there alone. i overheard people say "whoa, that music is strange, let's go somewhere else". if minimal techno has more acceptance than goa trance at a psy festival then there's clearly something wrong with the scene.

another indication is the constant stream of cheesy pop-vocal-fullon releases from isreal and the fact that they are indeed played at local parties...

Many ppl who go to big psy festivals have no idea at all about what psy really is.

I personally know 6-7 ppl that went at last year's Aurora festival that they don't even know who Astral Projection are.

They told me that they enjoyed the first day (that it was pure minimal clubby stuff) and not the last day (which was pure psytrance). :wank:

Well it's pretty obvious people these days feel alienated to anything that even remotely touches their feelings, like goa trance. If they just let themselves go they could learn to love the music.

I guess after listening to too much minimal, psytrance can be overwhelming, even strange for some people..

well heres a preview of the album

psytones: [thinks] Why does his eyes look so coked or jogged? He looks totally fucked up!

Erez: Tell us why you look so fucked up Duvdev.

psytones: [thinks] lol !!

psytones: [thinks] Why does his eyes look so coked or jogged? He looks totally fucked up!

Erez: Tell us why you look so fucked up Duvdev.

psytones: [thinks] lol !!

He doesn't blink in the whole video! :o:D