Infected Mushroom

Melancholyman

seriously... what did u expect?! It's a spiral going only one way! <_<

Well I dunno I'm excited, cause it's kinda a merging between psy and mainstream. There is no other music on mainstream media today that has this electronic touch, listen to smashing the opponent, the background is still typical infected sound. Somebody had to bring psy to the mainstream market. I mean, many will look up their earlier works if they like this, and say maybe 30% of them are converted to enjoy real psychedelic trance. That's great, our scene needs to grow!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Poquito Mas - Rock / vocals

2. Sa'eed - Psytrance - vocals - Rockish

3. End of the Road - Psytrance / hebrew vocals

4. Smashing the Opponent *featuring Jonathan Davis (Korn) - Vocals/Rock

5. Can't Stop - Psytrance/Rock/Vocals

6. Herbert the Pervert - Psytrance / Guitar heavy and not a clever track

7. Killing Time *featuring Perry Farrell (Jane's Addiction) - Vocals/Rock/Psy

8. Project 100 - Heavyweigt like track, Not heard yet

9. Franks - Psytrance - 145 - 160 BPM, hard track

10. Slowly - Not heard / Unknown

11. Legend of the Black Shawarma - Psytrance / Vocals/ Rockish influence

Well I dunno I'm excited, cause it's kinda a merging between psy and mainstream. There is no other music on mainstream media today that has this electronic touch, listen to smashing the opponent, the background is still typical infected sound. Somebody had to bring psy to the mainstream market. I mean, many will look up their earlier works if they like this, and say maybe 30% of them are converted to enjoy real psychedelic trance. That's great, our scene needs to grow!

Well to me most of what was psy about there music is gone, I can hear it's infected yes, but but psy no...?! IMHO of course! But there are so many better mixes of electronica and rock/mainstream than this, so much better, and it's been done for ages! But I agree that people who never would have cheched out the psychedelic scene would now have a chance, but not really sure that 30% of them actually will enjoy the "real scene", but I guess that could be a possibility?!?!

Well to me most of what was psy about there music is gone, I can hear it's infected yes, but but psy no...?! IMHO of course! But there are so many better mixes of electronica and rock/mainstream than this, so much better, and it's been done for ages! But I agree that people who never would have cheched out the psychedelic scene would now have a chance, but not really sure that 30% of them actually will enjoy the "real scene", but I guess that could be a possibility?!?!

I would beg to differ, name one band that has the psy baseline and synthwork fused with rock/mainstream

I'm with you on this one. Actually I remember saying more or less the same thing as you when Classical Mushroom was released, and people around were accusing IM to be betrayer to the psy-cause. OK, so IM have been betrayers to the True Psy spirit for 9 years now... but still counting. ;)

11. Legend of the Black Shawarma

This one sounds promising :

I'm with you on this one. Actually I remember saying more or less the same thing as you when Classical Mushroom was released, and people around were accusing IM to be betrayer to the psy-cause. OK, so IM have been betrayers to the True Psy spirit for 9 years now... but still counting. ;)

Except the fact that Classical Mushroom is 100% psytrance while the last IM albums have only full on basslines.

Oh and Duvdev didn't sing back then.

Well it's always better to see the positive in things than the negative. It makes life much easier.

This one sounds promising :

Yep, I like it. Guess I have bad taste :) There aren't much lyrics but I think they're good.

Except the fact that Classical Mushroom is 100% psytrance while the last IM albums have only full on basslines.

Back in 2000 I was said that the Gathering was "100% psytrance" while "Classical Mushroom" had sold out. Too bad I didn't keep the messages, you'd be surprised. History repeats itself. ;)

Besides, Psychedelic Trance is an always-evolving genre built upon all kind of musical sources. From that perspective, talking of "100% psytrance" is almost a contradiction in terms IMHO.

Yep, I like it. Guess I have bad taste

Welcome to the club! We're not Pure Goaheads ©, we'll have to live with it! :lol:

I've always liked KoRn and Jon's hurting voice. I think this track is too thin for his voice. I will buy the new album when it's released, I got all other albums and no matter how dissepointed one gets of their albums they always seem to charm and grow on you on some levels. At least their making strange trance like music no one has heard before, they are innovating, in some senses I guess. And I dig that, them.

it sounds like Depeche Mode :blink:

Yeah got the same feel at the end of the track when the voices are making harmonics.

So, anyone know about this track, the last one .. ? Infected Mushroom - Noise Maker (Psyfactor Remix) I would really like to have a listen to it. So if you have it or know where I can listen to it, please be so kind and let me know :)

peace

So, anyone know about this track, the last one .. ? Infected Mushroom - Noise Maker (Psyfactor Remix) I would really like to have a listen to it. So if you have it or know where I can listen to it, please be so kind and let me know smile.gif

I have it, it is from this Psyfactor album http://www.discogs.com/Psyfactor-Raving-Me.../release/912078

check your PM ;)

dude, your like my Hero atm :D

e. I got to say that the mix is kind of what I expected, and I'm glad. It's a million times better then a potensial remix by Beat HAckers or Vibe tribe ..

It has the very soothing feel of the original while the Psyfactor touch with stomping beats and space melodies compliment the original.

good work!

Only thing I don't get, why leave out the sample used by IM, Noise Makerr... It's missed :(

Being closed-minded must be awesome...

Infected has been corny since the beginning and gotten cornier. The simple fact is they are of the very few who are trying to take their music beyond the confines from which they came...confines which a lot of people are stuck in and which give us uncreative, rehashed music (which may be good in its own way of course).

Infected has been corny since the beginning and gotten cornier. The simple fact is they are of the very few who are trying to take their music beyond the confines from which they came...confines which a lot of people are stuck in and which give us uncreative, rehashed music (which may be good in its own way of course).

The problem with IM is not that they moved forward. It's that they move forward to what? To Becoming Insane.

They left the psytrance scene for what? For Duvdev ambitious attempt to sing even if it's more than obvious that he can't.

The left the genius melodies for songs with full on basslines, stupid guitar and oh yes, Duvdev!

IM especially Erez had so much talent and potential that they could become the first fully electronic classical music group.

Or experimental ambient. Or some other form of electronica.

But no, they went pop.

thats the new im? album?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJkta8tuu48

ouach

urg ... that one really is the puke-on-the-floor kind of bad...

even Becoming Insane was better ... and I didn't like that one at all either.

a shame

• 2 weeks later...