What soft synth to buy?

sylenth is a nice sounding synth.. and albino.

What is most important though is that you can find your way around a synth easily. That you find the vsti easy to work with. And that it sounds good. So download some trial versions and have a go with them.

Personally I would recommend Native Instruments' Massive. It can do analog as well as weird stuff, and there are lots of funky free plugins if you want really funky stuff.

I'm not sure if they still have this package, but I got Native Instruments' "Komplete Synths" bundle, which had Massive, FM8, Pro-53 and Absynth. You can do just about everything you want with those 4.

well... more idmish sound, just like kettel early work, if you heard him

Sounds like you could do with some fm and some organic/ethnic sound generation. I'm not an expert in softsynths but these guys make some very interesting ones to check out: DashSignature

(If nothing else, I must recommend their FREE daHornet synth as a must have. Especially for fat bass sounds. It's very simple but its core sound is up there among the best nonfree softsynths.)

Okay, i wanna to buy my first soft synth, and I really dont know what to buy, since there's so much!!!!

so what do you recommend?

Be careful, a softsynth is one thing and a music arangement program is something completely different. A softsynth is a program designed to simulate a real synth, so its only use is to be played (like a piano for example). This is very different from a music making software where you can record those sounds and arrange them. You probably already knew the difference between the 2 but I'm just making sure you don't end up spending a few hundred euros on a program thinking its something else than you thought it was..

Personally I would recommend Native Instruments' Massive. It can do analog as well as weird stuff, and there are lots of funky free plugins if you want really funky stuff.

I'm not sure if they still have this package, but I got Native Instruments' "Komplete Synths" bundle, which had Massive, FM8, Pro-53 and Absynth. You can do just about everything you want with those 4.

agree "Native Instruments" are awsome.

If you got a Dual/Quadcore Omnisphere is as deep as the ocean (but you do need a strong computer!) (and 50 GB of harddisk space) :)

Gladiator has a really strong sound as well.

But yeah as lemmi says if you dont have a host that is the first step. Most hosts should come with enough plugins to write a decent track these days (logic, cubase, FL studio etc)

Are you kidding? Did they actually remove the ability to program the sound??? :blink: I would die of old age before I made it through 4 billions presets looking for the right one.

Actually I Haven't Gotten Through All Of Them Yet!

Anyhow, Go With Your Gut On This One Mate, I Am Still In Search Of A VSTi To Purchase.... :lol:

Okay, i wanna to buy my first soft synth, and I really dont know what to buy, since there's so much!!!!

so what do you recommend?

Don't buy softsynths, buy effects . . .

I recommend Waves platinum pack...

you can make sound efx with your armpits 'n put cool effects on 'em!

Ok, serious now, more people should live record and have better effects

invest in a field recorder instead - its more phun!

Sounds like you could do with some fm and some organic/ethnic sound generation. I'm not an expert in softsynths but these guys make some very interesting ones to check out: DashSignature

(If nothing else, I must recommend their FREE daHornet synth as a must have. Especially for fat bass sounds. It's very simple but its core sound is up there among the best nonfree softsynths.)

I wholeheartily agree here. Make sure you check out FM synthesis! Its the classic sound you never will know how you lived without.

(Assuming you already have a program for composing, arranging, and mixing)

If it's your first softsynth, I'd recommend trying some freeware synths just to get your feet wet.

Might I recommend:

Synth1 (The site is in Japanese, but the installer link is at the bottom)

GreenOak Crystal

SuperWave P8

Those should get you off to a good start. :)

When it comes to purchasing "big league" softsynths...

You can't go wrong with Korg Legacy Collection.

It should be able to supply you with a plethora of "IDMsih" sounds.

Others to look at: Native Instruments FM8, Linplug Albino, Cakewalk Rapture...

Hope that helps!

-Cw