Attempt at progressive trance/house

Your kick and bass compliment each other well in my headphones (im travelling so no monitors atm) The bass does get a wee bit repetetive towards second half but with more sound layers that might not be an issue... As an outline i think it is great!

In regards to the melody it sounds very chilled compared to your pounding kick and bass. As if you want two go two different places at the same time. (Personal opinion!)

All in all good effort i think :) You should keep working on it!

• 1 month later...

After a while without opening the project, I gave it a bit more work now. Added a few extra lead-sounds and melodies to give it a bit more peak-feeling. The section is 4-minutes long and starts in the main breakdown.

By the way; there are a few "stratchy" sounds in there. Don't know what's causing them, but they're in every export I make - at random times it seems.

Feedback much appreciated! :)

http://www.yousendit.com/download/Y1RwcHBOR0Y5NVYzZUE9PQ

sounds quite good!

maybe it is a good idea to give the bass a little more decay or release to fatten it up a little. Or compress it a little more. That way it is a littlemore obvious. Hihat is a little too loud imho. And panned to the right? Might be good to pan it center. Maybe add some more percussion that is panned. That gives it a little more groove as well. As it still is a little 'constant' now.

sounds you added go well with eachother. Might be also a good idea to add a little arpegiated sound in the mids that fills up the track. Doesnt have to be very obviously in the mix but it can give some more flavour and distraction from the other sounds.

Keep going!