Jump to content
Psynews.org

The metal thread


Darkarbiter
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up that Vader just out out their new album. If you want some quality death thrash from Poland give it a listen. They always deliver if if it's a bit same same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

For some reason YT suggested to me at least a dozen times...and now the 13th I went and listen it. It is a nice song, has 107.000 plays, from 2015 and not very commercial. So do not know why YT wanted to get the word out for this track LOL

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Belgian Death Metal band Carnation just announce their second album coming out in September on Season Of Mist. Still doing their first album regularly. Quality meat n potatoes DM.

 

 

C74562F6-3046-478C-B386-86D4FBCC0365.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/28/2020 at 4:27 PM, Bartzabel said:

Check out some amazing bands from my country


atmospheric melodic  black metal

https://atravetosus.bandcamp.com

brutal death 

https://depravityaustralia.bandcamp.com

Black space metal 

https://omegainfinity.bandcamp.com/album/solar-spectre

death metal

https://earthrot.com.au/album/black-tides-of-obscurity

 

 

 

would like to add this to your list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Group : ISON
Album : Inner - Space
Style : Shoegaze/Post-Doom Metal/Ambient Metal/Drone Music

/!\ An etheral gem /!\

s3nb.jpg

 

Group : Conan
Album : Blood Eagle
Style : Stoner Doom Metal/Drone Music

hjxt.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So...after being nothing short of mesmerized by Aleah's posthumously released solo album this year, I then discovered she also was the vocalist for the Finnish/Swedish band Trees Of Eternity.

Dark, beautiful, tragic, haunting, and a dozen related adjctives of praise for this album

https://treesofeternity.bandcamp.com/album/hour-of-the-nightingale

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Found this, had to share it:

It's so odd for me to see these images I know from modern "goa" videos and have these guys play metal ... and it's really not bad ... hope it's the same for you :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...
On 11/18/2020 at 1:16 AM, Paul Eye said:

So...after being nothing short of mesmerized by Aleah's posthumously released solo album this year, I then discovered she also was the vocalist for the Finnish/Swedish band Trees Of Eternity.

Dark, beautiful, tragic, haunting, and a dozen related adjctives of praise for this album

https://treesofeternity.bandcamp.com/album/hour-of-the-nightingale

Edgar Allan Poe would have loved this, seeing as he once said that the most poetic image was that of a dead woman (easy to get your knickers in a twist over that egregious sexism...). Nevertheless, whilst this album is an obvious accompaniment to Poe's femicidal classics like "Ligeia" and "Eleonora", or Tennyson's "The Lady of Shalott", or Tolkien's Arwen, it is more than that. An all time great album in any genre in my opinion, there's enough darkness and determination here to make the fragile gossamer beauty truly transcendent. She sang so sweetly before she died. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/8/2022 at 7:25 AM, DoktorG said:

Edgar Allan Poe would have loved this, seeing as he once said that the most poetic image was that of a dead woman (easy to get your knickers in a twist over that egregious sexism...). Nevertheless, whilst this album is an obvious accompaniment to Poe's femicidal classics like "Ligeia" and "Eleonora", or Tennyson's "The Lady of Shalott", or Tolkien's Arwen, it is more than that. An all time great album in any genre in my opinion, there's enough darkness and determination here to make the fragile gossamer beauty truly transcendent. She sang so sweetly before she died. 

Yep. It's up there with my favourite albums of all time :)

Interesting to note is that Aleah did have a bit of a psy scene / downtempo connection, doing vocals for artists like Xerxes and Omnimotion. And curiously enough she collaborated with Simon Posford and George Barker in 1999:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that Aleah knew she was dying when she recorded Hour of the Nightingale

Thanks for unearthing this "Jewel Stanbridge" gem!

"Jewel Stanbridge" and "Julia Liane Stanbridge" are the names that Discogs uses:

https://www.discogs.com/release/66424-Various-Caribbean-Eclipse

The one review at the bottom says it all: "Not a single bad track here in my opinion, but the stand out track is withouth doubt the Binah - Crescent Suns track. An almost 12 minutes beautiful journey, given us by two of the true masters in the scene, Simon Posford and George Barker. But the track wouldn't have been the same without the gorgious vocals by Jewel Stanbridge. Her voice in this track is absolutely stunning!" ~*~

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DoktorG said:

I think that Aleah knew she was dying when she recorded Hour of the Nightingale

Reading and listening to the lyrics, it's right there. She knew her time is coming to an end. From a comment on Bandcamp: "It's the dark beauty of someone literally singing her own requiem."

And to think she was younger than I am now when she passed away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's an argument to be made that great art has mortality awareness, which lifts it beyond the merely fashionable or topical. As Ezra Pound said: "literature is news that stays news". 

I like this collaboration: 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dig this lately.

As one comment puts it ... "for every one thousand stoner rock albums there emerges a gem from an ocean of derivative bong water"

B)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...