The metal thread

Darkarbiter

For all those who recommended Meshuggah, I can only salute them, Meshuggah are beyond godlike.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm4N4mzh--Y

And Catch 33 is their best album, by far...

My favorite metalband by far. Catch 33 is great but I like Chaosphere and Obzen even more.

Went to see a show a couple of weeks ago but their bass player had to be hospitalised unexpectedly so they played the set without bass. It was very short but great anyway.

If you're into Dream Theater kind of music, please check Opeth or Between The Buried And Me, highly technical progressive metal with awesome storytelling!

Thx for the tip! I will check it out. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I mainly listen to black/viking/progressive metal, but I'm open to other types. All the genre names are getting pretty ridiculous though. Apparently you can add "core" to the end of any word and it become a new type of metal though. ;)

Anyway, here's some of my favorite stuff:

Progressive(ish)-

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkF4JD2rO3Q

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odx-Y78SQuw

Black/Viking-

Death (ish)-

It won't let me link even 1 file directly in to this thread for some reason..

<--amazing video

It's very rare that I hear any modern metal that I like, but that was pretty awesome. Is there any particular album of theirs you'd recommend to a newb?

It won't let me link even 1 file directly in to this thread for some reason..

Are you talking about using [media] tags? Let me have a go:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkF4JD2rO3Q

e: Works fine. Show me what you tried writing (using [code] tags) and what error message you get and I'll try drawing it to RTP's attention if I can't figure out what's going on myself.

It's very rare that I hear any modern metal that I like, but that was pretty awesome. Is there any particular album of theirs you'd recommend to a newb?

A lot of DT fans prefer their older stuff but I'm the opposite so I recommend any of their last 3 albums. That song I linked is from Systematic Chaos (2007), and they've had 2 albums since then; Black Cloud & Silver Linings (2009), and A Dramatic Turn of Events (Came out last week)

Are you talking about using [media] tags? Let me have a go:

e: Works fine. Show me what you tried writing (using [code] tags) and what error message you get and I'll try drawing it to RTP's attention if I can't figure out what's going on myself.

Yeah I was using the media tags exactly that way and it didn't work for some reason. It was giving me some message about "too many media files" even when I was only embedding 1. It seems to working now though... Strange.

Styles like grindcore / metalcore / hardcore / deathcore / mathcore are recognizable by wider metal community and there is difference between mentioned.

I agree with you that now there is some silly stuff like easycore or crankcore.

Hi,

Yeah I was using the media tags exactly that way and it didn't work for some reason. It was giving me some message about "too many media files" even when I was only embedding 1. It seems to working now though... Strange.

Yes, only 2 media files are allowed to be embedded within [media] tags.

Once you try to embed more, that error message appears. And I also have noticed it once that this error doesn't go away anymore even when you reduce the media tags and then have just 1. You have to retry posting in that case (copypaste post text into a text editor, then leave the threa, then come back and post), then it should work. At least I did it like that. Seems to be a bug of the board ... we are planning to make an update someday anyway to maybe fix this and other stuffs...

In case it persists even after following the guidelines here just give me a shout :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...