Some favs:

Sludge/doom:

Cult Of Luna

Katatonia

Acid Bath

Mindrot

Eyes Of Fire

Neurosis

Progressive/technical/brutal/old school/melodic/etc Death Metal & grindcore/black metal:

Akercocke

Deicide

Amon Amarth

Behemoth

Bloodbath

Cannibal Corpse

Dying Fetus

Nile

Job For A Cowboy

The Berzerker

Cattle Decapitation

Pig Destroyer

Cephalic Carnage

Scar Symmetry

thrash/speed/technical metal:

Slayer

Kreator

Children Of Bodom

Meshuggah

Austrian Death Machine

Chimaira

Lamb Of God

Extreme Gothic Metal:

Cradle Of Filth

I swear it seems that psytrance is the second genre of choice for metalheads... or maybe its the other way round. Who knows?

Anyway, really I'm mostly a fan of any metal that can be called epic, but also love a lot of thrash and doom. My choices:

Summoning (as mentioned many times already, I know, but they're too rad not to be mentioned again)

Moonsorrow

Ancient Rites

Lost Horizon

Candlemass

My Dying Bride

Morgion

Falkenbach

Turisas

Judas Priest

Anacrusis

Dark Angel

Arkona

Arcturus

Ahhh, the memories.

• 1 month later...

...and since noone talks about Tiesto in psytrance threads, i'll name DJ Tiesto :P

:angry: :angry:

Have you heard his old albums like, Portrait Of An American Family and AntiChrist SuperStar?????

Hey maybe it's not Sepeltura, Dimmu Borgir or Red Harvest ..

and besides, what Metal are we talking about, black metal, Death Metal, GrindCore, Trash Metal, Speed Core, White Metal, Chick Metal. Traditional Metal, hair Metal, Progressive Metal, Soft Metal, Doom Metal, Rap Core, Folk Metal, Gothic Metal, Industrial Metal, Nu Metal, Power Metal or maybe Funk Metal?

Marilyn Manson FTW!!

On present days I do enjoy a cup of Tool, KoRn, Clawfinger, Deftones, Fear Factory, White Zombie, Slipknot, Seigmen, Faith No More + etc.

Never was into the heavier more death metal stuff that plays on theater and horror. Though many of their lyrics are funny and in their own way, poetic.

Antichrist Superstar is perhaps MM's only good album but it manages to be one of the best albums I've heard :drama:

snort jogging shoes and listen to Mechanical Animals .. :P

its good

:angry: :angry:

Have you heard his old albums like, Portrait Of An American Family and AntiChrist SuperStar?????

Hey maybe it's not Sepeltura, Dimmu Borgir or Red Harvest ..

and besides, what Metal are we talking about, black metal, Death Metal, GrindCore, Trash Metal, Speed Core, White Metal, Chick Metal. Traditional Metal, hair Metal, Progressive Metal, Soft Metal, Doom Metal, Rap Core, Folk Metal, Gothic Metal, Industrial Metal, Nu Metal, Power Metal or maybe Funk Metal?

Marilyn Manson FTW!!

On present days I do enjoy a cup of Tool, KoRn, Clawfinger, Deftones, Fear Factory, White Zombie, Slipknot, Seigmen, Faith No More + etc.

Never was into the heavier more death metal stuff that plays on theater and horror. Though many of their lyrics are funny and in their own way, poetic.

Faith no more!!!! but its not metal, faith no more is just like soundgarden or alice in chains and nirvana, its called grunge

man, i was listening ten years ago to Korn and deftones!!

snort jogging shoes and listen to Mechanical Animals .. :P

its good

First three albums are all masterpieces, but overall it's terrible to see what Marylin become. It was probably more work of Trent Reznor than talent of Brain behind those.

Decline of quality coming with age is quite a rule in metal scene.... quite a flasback from general, right?

well he's taking a nosedive with style, at least :P Trent was only involved on ACSS as far as I can remember. After many years I got to say that Holy Wood, ain't that bad eighter. The rest I donno but the last one heart shaped glasses or what ever with two euro dance and club remixes. pff.. art or mock or what the fuck, it sucked.

he was a genious for his role and music, but the druqs burned him.. brain meltdown. pling

oh, hes got a new album out, ... ouch, tacky albm title

well he's taking a nosedive with style, at least :P Trent was only involved on ACSS as far as I can remember. After many years I got to say that Holy Wood, ain't that bad eighter. The rest I donno but the last one heart shaped glasses or what ever with two euro dance and club remixes. pff.. art or mock or what the fuck, it sucked.

he was a genious for his role and music, but the druqs burned him.. brain meltdown. pling

oh, hes got a new album out, ... ouch, tacky albm title

hehe, at first I typed first 4 albums, but then Mechanical animals was just too superior to Holywood. I thought that he was in touch with Trent more in the early age...

never turn your back on a drug; I would say there is more personality failure than drugs abuse. when tha mask eats the persona

Well Folks, to those who are Nu around here, I really get Funky on the Powerful smell of Death when I listen to Soft White Trash, Traditional Black filth Metal or Progressive Rape Core in an Industrial setting with some Trashy Goth Chicks on Speed while Grinding cyberdemons in Doom 2, but maybe that's just me...

Gojira - From mars to sirius & The way of all flesh

I've really been getting into Gojira for the past year. They're my new favorite.

One band that probably isn't very well known that I find interesting is Wolves in the Throne Room. I think of them as "epic black metal". It's probably not for every metal lover, but I like it. They don't have a bassist though, and I think it's to their detriment.

w00t! Metal thread!

Stoner/Sludge/Doom:

Candlemass

Corrosion of Conformity

Down

Electric Wizard

Eyehategod

Kyuss

My Dying Bride

Goth/Industrial:

Katatonia

KMFDM

Paradise Lost

Rammstein

Thrash/Groove:

Kreator

Ministry

Pantera

Sepultura/Soulfly/Cavalera Conspiracy

Slayer

Well Folks, to those who are Nu around here, I really get Funky on the Powerful smell of Death when I listen to Soft White Trash, Traditional Black filth Metal or Progressive Rape Core in an Industrial setting with some Trashy Goth Chicks on Speed while Grinding cyberdemons in Doom 2, but maybe that's just me...

:lol: Bravo, Amorë :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MY DYING BRIDE

OPETH

AGALOCH

POEMA ARCANUS

PARADISE LOST

THE GATHERING

NOVEMBER'S DOOM

PANTERA

MACHINE HEAD

BIOHAZARD

LIFE OF AGONY

I think based on the few that I like there (and absense of anything crap) I'm going to have to check out the rest of the artists you mentioned that I don't know.

If uou want listen good metal music. Dark. And loud. You go and listen VADER!

HAIL VADER!

I recommend Litany (2000), instant Polish brutal death metal satisfaction granted :)http://www.discogs.com/Vader-Litany/release/1235477

Hmm vadar is pretty reasonable, some nice riffs there.

• 4 months later...

If uou want listen good metal music. Dark. And loud. You go and listen VADER!

HAIL VADER!

I recommend Litany (2000), instant Polish brutal death metal satisfaction granted :)http://www.discogs.com/Vader-Litany/release/1235477

word up!

Saw Vader live in January! This was awesome.

But at the moment I'm excited. Super-excited!

It's that time of the year:

Posted Image

FINNTROLL new album NIFELVIND!

And I will see this live today! PAGANFEST 2010, today in Vienna!

This is going to be a MONSTROUS BLAST!