The metal thread

Darkarbiter

Not bad, but I kind of hate the sound. The instruments are all much too separated and the mix is too clean. Like the typical 70's production style of every instrument recorded separately, but with modern recording technology. Admittedly I'm not very familiar with Slayer post-Seasons In the Abyss. Also...dueling guitar solos? Lame.

• 1 month later...

Brand new track from the upcoming 9th studio album of COB "I Worship Chaos", release date Oct 2nd, 2015. Good riffs! But they are expected of Alexi Laiho who is named the world's best guitarist by e.g. Metallica's Kirk Hammet + a couple of leading magazines. This band's fan group The COB Hate Crew has given me so much but life goes on and we walk on..always sticking with the music, though.

Just a little bit more...

The day the sun swallowed the sea, I felt the light draining from the core of me.

The science of constant motion had betrayed every thought of expansion.

Here my remains, vulnerable and frail limited by constant conditioning rusted and pale.

Unresponsive and worn through, evolution of absolute solitude.
The breaking point of a static, lifeless dimension has become true.

The restless creation mechanism grooves.

The returning formation of knowledge that knew.

In well sewn silence, a symphony vibrates to honor my cells
In realms of guidance, I'll shepherd them to the oceans swell

Becoming what I once was again, Prometheus of a dry river bed.

The agents of a new world structure, form together in ageless brew.

The essence retained, a semblance of rain, ceaselessly they call my name.

The agents of a new world structure, form together in ageless brew.

The essence retained, a semblance of rain, ceaselessly called.

The day the sun swallowed the sea, I felt the light draining from the core of me.

The science of constant motion had betrayed every thought of expansion.

Here my remains, strong and renewed.
Perpetual, in bloom.

I'm selling huge collection (+80 pieces) of various metal patches for jackets (mostly death, thrash, black, power and heavy metal bands and logos). From 8x8 cm up to 40x40 cm in mint condition (all brand new and unused). For pricing and shipping informations, hit me up on Facebook or send a message to my email: iparic70@gmail.com Big discount for buyers who decide to order more than 10 pieces. Free shipping for buyers from Croatia.

11879153_399822890206350_868088350811553

11874989_399822900206349_534542498017131

11892090_399822800206359_128471004698518

11885707_399822830206356_788359632220787

• 1 month later...

I have to check it, thanks for letting us know about that :)

Btw, I've started Richpa metal October on my Facebook page throwing recommendations for some less-known bands and releases each day. First week we had some doom and sludge stuff, now we're onto death metal and progressive :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a bit wrong thread because I wouldn't call this metal. Psychedelic rock rather; I really am not expert in this style. Stumbled upon by accident because the band has a gig in Helsinki 21.11 and I am looking for something to take the boyz to ;-) The band is Finnish but I haven't heard of it before now. I am quite astonished how good music :)

• 2 months later...

anyone else here love the emo oriented metal? i.e very soft, atmospheric and melodic metal, with lyrics about love, pain, suffering and anxiety.

like soilwork, kill hannah, dead by april, scary kids scaring kids, sonic syndicate?

here are some examples that i completely adore, and i would accept some recommendations in that very style! Soilwork for example is my favorite metal artist, sooo good. Its a bit harder and alot more growly so it should appeal to all metal heads imo.. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMh4yWOzVEg

anyone else here love the emo oriented metal?

Not even a little.

But that Soilwork song sounds like it has some Machine Head influence, especially from their fifth album "Through the Ashes of Empires". I used to listen to them a lot, especially the first two albums, but pretty much don't listen to them anymore.

From that fifth album (there's a glitch in the audio at the beginning):

And one each from the first two albums:

hmm I don't think you can speak on everyone here Vera? :) but I realise you only meant that You don't like it. how come? is it the beautiful melodies. the non growly singing? or the fact that you just aren't into feely music?

Im curious.

yes the whole discog of soilwork is pure art from start till finish.